Paying for excursions

mel8kri

You can use OBC now to pay for excursions.  If you cancel, they refund to OBC first before refunding the balance.  When you book it always gives the option of using the OBC.

Edited by Scottygirl1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mel8kri said:

If I pay by credit card for an excursion now, can I cancel on board and re book with OBC?

If you are asking the question because you know you are getting some OBC, but only upon boarding, then the answer is conditionally yes.  You have to cancel by the cancellation date listed for the tour.  You probably need to cancel before boarding the ship in order to have the refund go back to credit card.  If cancel on board and get OBC, it will be Refundable anyway, so you will get it back if you don't spend it.

6 minutes ago, mel8kri said:

I know I have a lot of OBC but it is under my name, stock and military, so I have to pay for my wife. Thanks for the info.

transfer the stock to your wife's name - at least 100 shares

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mel8kri said:

I know I have a lot of OBC but it is under my name, stock and military, so I have to pay for my wife. Thanks for the info.

Several members here have reported success in calling in to Princess in order to book an excursion and have it paid for from one person's OBC.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mel8kri said:

Thanks.  We will do that but it is already booked for this cruise. Since I guess I can’t get both OBC in my name we will transfer the stock .

I got both for cruise in August but in the future can only get one.  Wife will file for stockholder in the future and I have military.

If your original question is can you use a credit card, cancel onboard (more than 48 hours before excursion), and then rebook with OBC the answer is yes, but you will pay onboard price for the excursion if space is available, and will get the credit card charge refunded onboard as Refundable OBC.  If you have a large amount of this and you don't use it onboard it will take weeks after the cruise to get it back as a check.

Call Princess.  We do this all the time.  Good thing is if you press the button for excursion purchase, you don't get routed to the Philippines.  And then ask to purchase two tickets for whatever excursions you are interested with - using the obc in your account.

Don

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mel8kri said:

If you have a CVP ask them to book both excursions with your OBC. I've done that for up to 5 passengers (4 kids & me ziplining)

If mine could do it, I'm sure yours can too.

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

If you have a CVP ask them to book both excursions with your OBC. I've done that for up to 5 passengers (4 kids & me ziplining)

If mine could do it, I'm sure yours can too.

YMMV

I had zero luck trying to use my OBC to pay for a DH excursion.

I called twice to Princess and both times was told OBC could only be used for the person whose name it was in. Then tried chat and got dropped after waiting 3 hours.

I sent my worthless PVP an email and she ghosted me.

So, I gave up.....It wasn't a lot of money, but it was frustrating, since it seems others have been successful in the past.

Since DH is now out of OBC, but I have a LOT, am I going to have to be sure and buy any upcharges for him? Or are they at least still consolidating bills onboard so my OBC will cover any of his upcharges?

1. What if I want to book an excursion and not use 0BC?  I would like to leave the OBC in my account to use while on board and pay for an excursion now using a credit card?  Do I have that option?  Do I have to call?  

2. Thanks!

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

YMMV

I had zero luck trying to use my OBC to pay for a DH excursion.

I called twice to Princess and both times was told OBC could only be used for the person whose name it was in. Then tried chat and got dropped after waiting 3 hours.

I sent my worthless PVP an email and she ghosted me.

So, I gave up.....It wasn't a lot of money, but it was frustrating, since it seems others have been successful in the past.

Since DH is now out of OBC, but I have a LOT, am I going to have to be sure and buy any upcharges for him? Or are they at least still consolidating bills onboard so my OBC will cover any of his upcharges?

We have been able to do this many times. For our last few cruises the OBC wasn't assigned equally (didn't have enough OBC in my name to cover some of my tours). Tried calling as in the past, but told this was no longer able to be done.   So used up what OBC I could and paid   the difference with a credit card. 

If there is one credit card on file for your on board account, all charged amounts for both of you will roll over to that one credit card.  

Edited by coo359a2

4 hours ago, antmaril said:
  1. What if I want to book an excursion and not use 0BC?  I would like to leave the OBC in my account to use while on board and pay for an excursion now using a credit card?  Do I have that option?  Do I have to call?  

2. Thanks!

At the payment screen you should see a box that is already ticked saying something like "Use OBC".  Simply uncheck that box and you will be able to pay with CC.  Have done this many times.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

At the payment screen you should see a box that is already ticked saying something like "Use OBC".  Simply uncheck that box and you will be able to pay with CC.  Have done this many times.

Great!  Thank you!