Do PandO sell cruise and stay packages direct?

Dinglebert

I have a cruise which has now been moved three times due to covid/cancer and death!   I am no longer convinced that we want to do this particular cruise.  I know I can move it as long at what I move it to costs at least the same.   I am thinking I want something we fly to rather than Southampton.  Nothing is really jumping out at me for next July. 

However I would be interested in say I week cruising and a week on shore but cannot find that on PandO site.  Is this something they offer?

51 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I am thinking I want something we fly to rather than Southampton.  Nothing is really jumping out at me for next July. 

However I would be interested in say I week cruising and a week on shore but cannot find that on PandO site.  Is this something they offer?

Not seen P&O, or any of the other Carnival brands, do it.

On the many occasions when I have done fly and stays with other Carnival brands (mainly Costa) then it has been packaged together by the TA as a special offer.

I have seen P&O occasionally advertise cruises that you would need to fly to but without the flights, and then the 'cruise only' price is usually similar to those including flights so you would be crazy to buy one.

The only cruise line that i know of that does cruise and stay packages is Marella. The formats are usually 

7 nights hotel then 7 nights cruise

7 nights cruise then 7 nights hotel

14 nights cruise - two different itineraries

7 night cruises

I think a wide choice of hotels is available

they no longer cruise from the UK

If you want a full week in a hotel, I know there are agents which put that sort of thing together, otherwise, it seems P&O will change flight dates by up to three days from the start/fininsh of the cruise, not sure they would do both ends though. 

We spoke to an onboard sales rep last November and they will chnage flight dates for both to the Med/Canaries and the Caribbean, but they can only offer hotels to go with those for the Med/Canaries cruises, as they do not offer hotels in the Caribbean.  If you book your own hotels, they will still change the flight date, but you need to pay your own transfers if you do so (that will not be much in Malta, but is a more expensive proposition in Tenerife).  

I had seen a good number of posts on social media from people who had changed their flight dates to Malta in the summer season last year, but I think most if not all had booked their own hotels, as you can do that more cheaply than using the P&O option(s) and have a better choice of hotels.  We are thinking of doing that for a med cruise next year, but as flights are not out until about nine months prior to the flight, we are leaving it until then and hopefully they will still doing the same thing if requested. 

Just to clarify they would change the flights without any extra cost to you, but you loose the transfers and have to pay those yourself and obviously you will have to handle your own luggage.  The big advantage in our view is that that we would not be concerned about a flight e had booked ourselves getting there, since it would still be P&O's responsibility.  

Edited by tring

13 minutes ago, tring said:

If you want a full week in a hotel, I know there are agents which put that sort of thing together, otherwise, it seems P&O will change flight dates by up to three days from the start/fininsh of the cruise, not sure they would do both ends though. 

We spoke to an onboard sales rep last November and they will chnage flight dates for both to the Med/Canaries and the Caribbean, but they can only offer hotels to go with those for the Med/Canaries cruises, as they do not offer hotels in the Caribbean.  If you book your own hotels, they will still change the flight date, but you need to pay your own transfers if you do so (that will not be much in Malta, but is a more expensive proposition in Tenerife).  

I had seen a good number of posts on social media from people who had changed their flight dates to Malta in the summer season last year, but I think most if not all had booked their own hotels, as you can do that more cheaply than using the P&O option(s) and have a better choice of hotels.  We are thinking of doing that for a med cruise next year, but as flights are not out until about nine months prior to the flight, we are leaving it until then and hopefully they will still doing the same thing if requested. 

Just to clarify they would change the flights without any extra cost to you, but you loose the transfers and have to pay those yourself and obviously you will have to handle your own luggage.  The big advantage in our view is that that we would not be concerned about a flight e had booked ourselves getting there, since it would still be P&O's responsibility.  

Just to add to that:-

I had seen mentioned that you are better asking to do that fairly soon though, so we will not be leaving it until last minute.  I understand if they book you onto a different flight you are asked to pay the flight cost then, but it is deducted from your balance payment, so overall there is no extra charge.  I do not know what would happen if you cancel your cruise, but would presume you would loose the flight cost unless you can claim on your insurance. 

You need to speak to P&O, rather than ask what others think might be the case, but what I have said was definitely the case until last November when we spoke to the onboard sales rep and a lot of people had been discussing that on another platform over the summer and early winter season - I stopped looking after that, but have no reason to think it is not possible now.

Edited by tring

41 minutes ago, swanseaboy said:

I know Cunard sometimes offer a TA on QM2 along with hotel stay in NYC all booked direct but I don't think P&O offer cruise and stay.

Cunard have always let me change flight dates and destinations I've just paid the difference, ie flew to Dallas rather than NY and paid an extra £40 and stayed with my friend for 6 days.  I then did train up to NY for transatlantic.  Very much cheaper.

I tried to do same with P&O in Barbados  ie fly out 3 days before but they wouldn't allow it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

I have a cruise which has now been moved three times due to covid/cancer and death!   I am no longer convinced that we want to do this particular cruise.  I know I can move it as long at what I move it to costs at least the same.  

1 hour ago, tring said:

Just to add to that:-

You need to speak to P&O, rather than ask what others think might be the case, 

Sorry to hear of your previous cancellations and reasons for them .

I agree with Tring ,you need to speak with P&O as they will have your options, if any,

that could work for you .

Hope you manage to get away this time .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Cunard have always let me change flight dates and destinations I've just paid the difference, ie flew to Dallas rather than NY and paid an extra £40 and stayed with my friend for 6 days.  I then did train up to NY for transatlantic.  Very much cheaper.

I tried to do same with P&O in Barbados  ie fly out 3 days before but they wouldn't allow it.

I wonder if there is a difference for the Caribbean?  The onboard rep last Nov reckoned that was possible, but they cannot arrange a hotel there.  That is the only mention I had heard about that though, it was the Azura cruises that I had seen lots of posts about and it is Azura we were interested in at the time, though had fleeting thoughts about the Caribbean whilst I was talking with the onboard rep.  Also could have been a change in policy of course.

Edited by tring

11 hours ago, tring said:

I wonder if there is a difference for the Caribbean?  The onboard rep last Nov reckoned that was possible, but they cannot arrange a hotel there.  That is the only mention I had heard about that though, it was the Azura cruises that I had seen lots of posts about and it is Azura we were interested in at the time, though had fleeting thoughts about the Caribbean whilst I was talking with the onboard rep.  Also could have been a change in policy of course.

I think it's because they have charters for Caribbean and all seats are taken.  Cunard use scheduled flights so it's easy.

If you would like to extend your holiday we can also help. Whether you choose one of our City Stays, one of our Land Tours or just want some extra time to explore independently, we can help with arranging flights to fit in with your plans.

For a tailored quotation please contact your travel agent or call our Customer Contact Centre on 03453 555 111 (local call charges apply). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I think it's because they have charters for Caribbean and all seats are taken.  Cunard use scheduled flights so it's easy.

Possibly, but they use a lot of charters for the Azura cruises as well.  As I had said in an earlier post apparently you do need to ask fairly early to be allowed to change the flight, so a late booking will be treated differently.  That is fair enough as flights get more expensive nearer to the flight time (for them to buy as an alternative) and they may also be wanting to  fill some of their own charters.  I would not expect them to change a flight on a cruise booked late, especially if it is on a reduced price.

Just now, tring said:

Possibly, but they use a lot of charters for the Azura cruises as well.  As I had said in an earlier post apparently you do need to ask fairly early to be allowed to change the flight, so a late booking will be treated differently.  That is fair enough as flights get more expensive nearer to the flight time (for them to buy as an alternative) and they may also be wanting to  fill some of their own charters.  I would not expect them to change a flight on a cruise booked late, especially if it is on a reduced price.

I've no experience with fly cruising on P&O in Europe as I would automatically use Princess or Celebrity for the more varied itineraries.