Is Royal responsible for back to back excursions?

24 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

If we were to book 2 excursions with Royal, one after the other but different excursions....are they responsible to wait for you for the second one just in case it runs late?

Thank you~

If booked through Royal and it runs a little late past all aboard then yes they would more then likely wait.  If on a independent excursion no guaranty at all that they would wait. ...1025cruise must have had a bad experience. 

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If booked through Royal and it runs a little late past all aboard then yes they would more then likely wait.  If on a independent excursion no guaranty at all that they would wait. ...1025cruise must have had a bad experience. 

The question is that if the OP books two excursions on the same day, and the first/earlier one runs late getting back, will the second excursion wait for them.  That doesn't seem fair to those booked on that other excursion if they end up having to wait and probably shortening their excursion. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

If we were to book 2 excursions with Royal, one after the other but different excursions....are they responsible to wait for you for the second one just in case it runs late?

Thank you~

The confusing part of the question is you mention b2b excursions in the same port. Then you say if you came back late from the 2nd excursion. Seems like the fact it's a b2b has nothing to do with the question, just if the 2nd one got back late. A rcl excursion would know when to have you back. 

Just now, rockmom said:

The question is that if the OP books two excursions on the same day, and the first/earlier one runs late getting back, will the second excursion wait for them.  That doesn't seem fair to those booked on that other excursion if they end up having to wait and probably shortening their excursion. 

Ok idk that's what the op meant, would the 2nd excursion wait if you were late because you booked 2 excursions in the same day .. if thats the question, if you arent at the meeting pt on time, they will go on without you. They dont care you booked 2 in the same day, that's on you, not them. 

If they let you book both, I would assume if the first is late returning, the second would still leave on time, but you would be eligible for a refund for the second. No experience though.

I did try once by mistake to book a later excursion while having an earlier one booked already, but the times overlapped. It wouldn’t let me book the second until I canceled the first.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Thank you~

No. It wouldn’t be any different than if you were late to the first one. If the first one was held up for some reason, why should the people on the second tour be held up?

45 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Thank you~

no

43 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Thank you~

If your 1st excursion runs late your 2nd excursion will have no idea where you are.  They will just figure you are a no show.

Although I have been on some excursions where they wait a couple of minutes to see if missing people on their list show up but not all of them do that as they have set schedules to meet.

• Like 2

My experience:
Not necessarily the same will or could happen

Long time back, a Royal cruise we booked two excursions for Domenica. Morning was Cooking with Daria. Afternoon was Screws Hot Springs Spa and some rain forest drive. One van from the morning excursion was a bit delayed. The afternoon van waited. The delay was not too much and they said we had enough time to do the excursion and not cut anything out.

Both excursions were via Royal but the tour operator was the same company. Both guides had a list of people from morning and afternoon who were doing both excursions.

So my answer to the OP would be: It depends on various things, but don't always count on the wait part.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1