Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

In the middle of June this year  I booked a Princess Plus fare for a Hawaii Cruise early next year. The booking confirmation confirms the items included in the Plus package (drinks, fitness classes, premium desserts etc). It does not show the recently introduced Plus features (2x Casual Dining, Room Service etc) .

Does anyone now whether these 'old' Plus fares will include the new features or will they remain as they were at the time of booking.

Thanks for any information you can offer

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

In the middle of June this year  I booked a Princess Plus fare for a Hawaii Cruise early next year. The booking confirmation confirms the items included in the Plus package (drinks, fitness classes, premium desserts etc). It does not show the recently introduced Plus features (2x Casual Dining, Room Service etc) .

Does anyone now whether these 'old' Plus fares will include the new features or will they remain as they were at the time of booking.

If you purchased this year, you should be fine.  Give them time to update the records online.  Just going into effect this month.  You would have paid $60 pp for the Plus package.

image.thumb.png.feb234ac99166c45024cbdb51c05967c.png

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. I didn't find an answer in the threads I've read.

Well, if you got 8 hours to kill and and want to see how crazy comments can get on Cruise Critic from initial questions, here is the link to a ridiculously long thread regarding your question (CC locked up the thread from anymore comments)

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Well, if you got 8 hours to kill and and want to see how crazy comments can get on Cruise Critic from initial questions, here is the link to a ridiculously long thread regarding your question (CC locked up the thread from anymore comments)

Cheers

Basically those on standard fare now will have to pay to eat at Alfredo’s/Gigi’s. Also if you want to order food from the app there will now be an activation fee and if you call for room service from your phone the will be a $5 delivery charge per delivery 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

What about if you are in a suite?  Do you still have to pay for room service?  One of the benefits of a suite is to have items on the MDR menu delivered to your cabin.

In the other thread, someone posted they called CVP and Princess and were told, yes, even in full suite, Room service call will incur $5 charge. Will be interesting if this is what actually happens, since ordering MDR menu to your suite is a listed benefit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:59 AM, wallyj said:

In the other thread, someone posted they called CVP and Princess and were told, yes, even in full suite, Room service call will incur $5 charge. Will be interesting if this is what actually happens, since ordering MDR menu to your suite is a listed benefit.

That'll be hard to argue with. 

On 8/4/2023 at 5:47 PM, worldtraveller said:

What about if you are in a suite?  Do you still have to pay for room service?  One of the benefits of a suite is to have items on the MDR menu delivered to your cabin.

Traveling in a full suite with the standard fare feels like driving an Escalade with manual roll down windows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

I spoke to my CVP and asked her 10 different ways but the gist is even with old plus we should be fine for the dining/room service change. YMMV tho

Somehow I still can't believe it.

8 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Guess we will all see as I was told we had to pay. My guess is they really don't know yet. Hopefully someone on a cruise later this month will report in.

And that might be only for that one particular ship. 

Princess pulling the ole bait and switch.  Pretty ballsy.

Seems kind of illegal to sell you something and then pull it back and still expect same cruise fare.

We’re Platinum but pretty much done with Princess.  We’re fed up that we book about 2 years in advance and select a specific cabin only to have it changed once we board.  I can’t do business with a company that I can’t trust 

• Like 7

On 8/1/2023 at 7:26 AM, Marronnier said:

If you look in the app under Packages, you should see the updated itemsIMG_7389.thumb.jpeg.90387d40a52a475037319da560dbfa59.jpeg

Can someone please explain this new option to me, its been a while since I was on a Princess Ship, i am trying to understand the "TWO PRIX FIXE MEALS AT ANY CASUAL DINING LOCATION PER VOYAGE" I have searched the website and cannot locate anything about this option. Can someone please explain to me what this is? What benefit is it? 

• Like 1

Just now, KcFanNindy said:

Can someone please explain this new option to me, its been a while since I was on a Princess Ship, i am trying to understand the "TWO PRIX FIXE MEALS AT ANY CASUAL DINING LOCATION PER VOYAGE" I have searched the website and cannot locate anything about this option. Can someone please explain to me what this is? What benefit is it? 

Some Casual Dining locations provide free food (e.g. International Cafe, Slices).  Others are 'for-fee" (e.g. Kai-Sushi, Planks, and now Alfredo's).  Each for-fee location offers a la carte selections and pricing.  There will also be a prix fixe price of $15 whereby guest can choose an App, a Main, and a Dessert.  The package allows guest the Prix Fixe option.  However, you won't have to consume a 3-course meal to eat free.  Just order what you want a skip item you don't want.  Just don't expect any unspent balance to hang around for you to use later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KcFanNindy said:

thanks for providing the answer. So is it like a grab and go option or can you sit and eat in the restaurant. So this is different then the specialty restaurants.

Yes, different from SD restaurants in that the SD's are more upscale and dinner-only locales.  SD's only have a single cover charge per person and not a la carte (with the exception of adding on extra lobster or main supplement for $10). 

Generally, the for-fee Casual Dining locales offer some sort of seating with some more resembling a restaurant ambiance than others.  You could also ask for take-away if your plan was to eat outdoors on Lido, for example.  Some locales on Deck 7 of Royal Class do have limited outdoor seating on Promenade.

Hey, folks, if we were to start using "CD" as short for Casual Dining (a la SD for Specialty), we need to be careful of context as CD also means Cruise Director for eons.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:36 AM, memoak said:

Basically those on standard fare now will have to pay to eat at Alfredo’s/Gigi’s. Also if you want to order food from the app there will now be an activation fee and if you call for room service from your phone the will be a $5 delivery charge per delivery 

But the OP is on a Plus fare, so.....the OP will be able to get 2 $15.00 three course packages at Alfredo's over the course of their cruise.  If shared, that 2 packages would double to 4.  These don't have to be redeemed at just Alfredo's but at any casual dining place on board.  The problem with the Salty Dog though is the current $18.00 charge that will be reduced to $15.00 is charged per person, so it's implied that sharing would not be allowed since each person is charged.  But, it could change to a la carte similar to Alfredo's, and then sharing could possibly work.

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Question is puzzling since there is only the Plus 60 - technically there are some new add-ons, but price didn't change so it doesn't matter when guest booked for the $60 rate.

Worldtraveler said they have the old plus.  If it was 50, then obviously the new additions would cost them the extra 10 pppd.  If they paid the 60 rate, then the new inclusions would apply.

• Like 2