Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

3 hours ago, villauk said:

That’s what will count. I have no intention of paying an additional $140pp

Same here, but but our cruise is 2 months out yet so we will see what Princess does. The way things are going there could be more changes and confusion before then.

• Like 4

I keep reading how we are all confused and rightfully so.  But I have to let you know that the personnel seems equally confused.  Although the four of us are ordering drinks daily - both specialty coffees and alcohol - they don’t seem to be keeping count.  I should have had 4 drinks deducted from my 15 yesterday and had only 1.  

today, it is very early in the morning and I have gotten zero coffees yet my account reads 1.  Princess has a lot of work to do on this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I keep reading how we are all confused and rightfully so.  But I have to let you know that the personnel seems equally confused.  Although the four of us are ordering drinks daily - both specialty coffees and alcohol - they don’t seem to be keeping count.  I should have had 4 drinks deducted from my 15 yesterday and had only 1.  

today, it is very early in the morning and I have gotten zero coffees yet my account reads 1.  Princess has a lot of work to do on this.

Keep in mind that the count is as far as I know for a 24hr rolling window, not by calendar day, so early am last nights drink could still be there.  

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Supposed to reset at 6:00am ship time.

Thanks for the correction. I thought I had read "in a 24hr period" somewhere. We will never come close so I didn't pay much attention. It makes perfect sense not to reset at midnight for the late-night venues. 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:12 AM, Musky Ike said:

Originally my thought, except the app shows the new 60 package for my next cruise even though I paid for the 50, so I presume that is what will be connected to the medallion and used onboard. Would like more confirmation from those onboard as this rolls out. If it is as Knickearth has stated onboard, had some already pay the difference, then what? It certainly would be easier for the crew and service desk as well if there was only one plus package used onboard. We will see. 

I would like to know for sure too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Too much time on my hands (or procrastination), but just ran across this youtube video.  I like Don and he does a scathing review of Princess' changes.  Worth the rant.

I watched the video and he is exactly correct and does a good job scathing Princess on their unprecedented greedy move.  We “were” also loyal customers and for various reasons including this one, we’ve changed from Princess to Celebrity for Jan 2024 and 2025.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I watched the video and he is exactly correct and does a good job scathing Princess on their unprecedented greedy move.  We “were” also loyal customers and for various reasons including this one, we’ve changed from Princess to Celebrity for Jan 2024 and 2025.

How much more are you paying for the same level ?  If you are elite you may miss free laundry and minibar

• Like 1

5 hours ago, memoak said:

How much more are you paying for the same level ?  If you are elite you may miss free laundry and minibar

It depends on the cruise itinerary. Our X cruise next year was less for more days than Princess and includes a package (let’s see if we manage to keep that with everything by the time we sail). We are Elite on X so get the 2-hourly free happy hour per day, the separate breakfast room, free bags of laundry etc.

• Thanks 2

On 8/7/2023 at 5:17 AM, Steelers36 said:

Question is puzzling since there is only the Plus 60 - technically there are some new add-ons, but price didn't change so it doesn't matter when guest booked for the $60 rate.

However even more puzzling is the comment on the website that seems to imply that you can upgrade your old plus by paying the extra. If correct $50 plus passengers will need a spreadsheet to work out if it is worthwhile paying the $70 extra for a week, which will be $140 for a couple.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

However even more puzzling is the comment on the website that seems to imply that you can upgrade your old plus by paying the extra. If correct $50 plus passengers will need a spreadsheet to work out if it is worthwhile paying the $70 extra for a week, which will be $140 for a couple.

Or in our case $140pp (x7) for the same 2 visits which was previously unlimited for what we’d use, so definitely not! The chat facility will also ask you if you want to upgrade as they can see you are on the ‘old’ package - they must be on similar commission so try to convince you to upgrade too.

Thankfully none of the changes will effect us!  Perhaps we are unique in not ordering room service and not liking pizza or ridiculous quantities of ice cream.  Gym classes don’t interest us either!  The breakfast tray ordered by card on the door remains unchanged. 
We are Elite .. have a mini bar .. 50% off wifi and pay cash gratuities.  So would never consider buying a drink package.  
Our last cruise total bill for drinks and wifi was £500 .. compared with the £1400 for just a plus package (would be more now) .. that’s aprox £1000 towards our next cruise. 
Soon you will be paying more to add a premier package than the cruise itself!  Do Princess think we’ve all gone mad.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Am I correct in thinking if you pick up the phone in the cabin and not order through the medallion app there is no charge.  

$5 per call if using the phone.

Edited by villauk

I think what most people are missing is the terrible business practice of not honoring the service you’ve already sold and promised to your customers.

Would people be as willing if for example, you bought a car a few months ago and it’s ready to be delivered to you next week and the dealer called and said they need another $500 cause their costs went up.

Good companies just don’t operate that way.

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I think what most people are missing is the terrible business practice of not honoring the service you’ve already sold and promised to your customers.

I’m certainly not missing the point; I think it’s appalling, but others seem to be happy to just agree and pay more for less. I know of no other business where you’ve paid for your goods months ago and they still want more before handing them over!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seapals2 said:

Soon you will be paying more to add a premier package than the cruise itself!  Do Princess think we’ve all gone mad.  

That's why there is vanilla and chocolate.  Not everyone is Elite and has earned the perks you have, while others prefer to enjoy their adult libations and will pay for one of the two packages.  Some people will only cruise in a balcony or better cabin, while others are happy with an inside and will get one of the packages and still come out ahead price wise.

From reading this and other threads there are many Elites that have never considered the packages, only cruise in an inside cabin, and  prefer the older ships in the fleet.  Nothing wrong with that thinking but it's nice that we all have choices as to what we think is the ideal way to cruise.

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Would people be as willing if for example, you bought a car a few months ago and it’s ready to be delivered to you next week and the dealer called and said they need another $500 cause their costs went up.

Good companies just don’t operate that way.

It's in the terms & conditions that things can change.  You can always try other lines, but the grass may not necessarily be greener over on X or at HAL.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

That's why there is vanilla and chocolate.  Not everyone is Elite and has earned the perks you have, while others prefer to enjoy their adult libations and will pay for one of the two packages.  Some people will only cruise in a balcony or better cabin, while others are happy with an inside and will get one of the packages and still come out ahead price wise.

From reading this and other threads there are many Elites that have never considered the packages, only cruise in an inside cabin, and  prefer the older ships in the fleet.  Nothing wrong with that thinking but it's nice that we all have choices as to what we think is the ideal way to cruise.

Have to agree .. thank goodness Princess still gives us the choice.  I’m sure there are many for whom the package equals value for money.  Just not us.  We enjoy a cocktail .. and have a bottle of wine and a speciality coffee but to spend $160 a day .. every day .. even port days .. is hard to imagine.  

13 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Have to agree .. thank goodness Princess still gives us the choice.  I’m sure there are many for whom the package equals value for money.  Just not us.  We enjoy a cocktail .. and have a bottle of wine and a speciality coffee but to spend $160 a day .. every day .. even port days .. is hard to imagine.  

And don't forget you have to pay that $160 for the last day when you leave the ship early morning. 😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Avge price for 2 people - one bottle of wine $60, one each spec coffee $20, grats $32, one each cocktails $25, at just that level you are almost at the cost. In fact, it's more than the cost of plus package where you could have those drinks with wine by the glass instead of the bottle.

33 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

And don't forget you have to pay that $160 for the last day when you leave the ship early morning. 😄

uh, no ... unless the you consider the day you embark as 'free'

we get on the ship at 11:00 and leave the last 'day' at 9:00 - we have 'lost' a total of 2 hours of 'benefits'

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

This is what causes me to scratch my head.   If the old $50 package was purchased, is it not still valid?  

I understand the complaints about previously free things like atrium pizza and room service now carrying a charge.  Couple free pizza dinners wouldn't force me to pay an additional $10/day for the new and improved package.   

• Like 1