Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

On 8/7/2023 at 11:57 AM, helovestrains said:

We have cruises booked for this month, February and May 2024 each with the plus package although the plus packages were different prices.  I believe I was able, at one time, to look at my booking and see what was included.   I can't find this now.  Does anyone know where I can find this information?  Thanks.

When you view your travel summary (I always print it when I book to ensure it doesn’t change it in error). On about thr 3rd page look for “special services” followed by “onboard credits for this booking “.  After that should be the charges and what you have paid and what you owe. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, memoak said:

Basically those on standard fare now will have to pay to eat at Alfredo’s/Gigi’s. Also if you want to order food from the app there will now be an activation fee and if you call for room service from your phone the will be a $5 delivery charge per delivery 

This is the most straight forward post, to explain the changes. Yes I know there is more to it, but that's the basics of it

6 hours ago, LouCoop said:

I am aware that most people were able to have drinks to $15 on the old Plus package. That was our understanding also. When I became aware of this charge ($2+18%) on our account for a $14 dollar glass of wine I went to GS and asked about it. I don't know if this crew member was new or what but he told us that was because we are on the old Plus and were allowed to a maximum of $12.

We have 2 other cruises with this package, after having read all of your experiences, if this happens again to us we will certainly ask to speak to a manager at GS.

@Steelers36 This is the Plus package we have, we were not foolish enough to buy the standalone drink package!!!!!

Thanks for additional details.  Being informed is being prepared.  Hope you have a better experience next time.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:43 PM, villauk said:

Yes.  The point I’m trying to make is pax would have an opportunity, in advance, to consider their options and would have more respect for the company making them and are less likely to cancel. We all understand that prices are rising, but it’s the way you handle and approach your customers to those changes. At the moment, as Princess have only officially informed TAs about these changes, promoting how much commission they can make, and not the actual paying customers, does not sit very well with many guests. And then they say ‘Trust us’ 🙄.

It sounds like the real beef is about how the introduction of the changes was communicated.  

• Like 3

On 8/11/2023 at 12:09 PM, villauk said:

And yet Princess were very quick to offer me the upgrade as they could tell straight away that I had the ‘old’ package when I used the chat facility 🤔. You forgot to mention the Medallion that they promoted in order to obtain my business now becomes an extra cost, and I didn’t really mind not being able to receive mine prior to boarding, even though now it appears it cost $10 to have it shipped if not on a package - which obviously I can’t as they don’t provide shipping to everyone. 

Standard guests can’t have it shipped now, even if you pay $10.  If you’re on Standard, you can now ONLY pick it up at the port “blue lane.”  That changed just recently.

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Standard guests can’t have it shipped now, even if you pay $10.  If you’re on Standard, you can now ONLY pick it up at the port “blue lane.”  That changed just recently.

No, I’m on a package but still can’t have it delivered.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 12:04 PM, voljeep said:

what was the per drink price limit when we booked 10/3/22? - Thanks

(Not discussing premium wines) The price of a glass of wine was about $7-9 before covid.  Then the plus package was introduced with a drink limit of $12/drink. At the same time the price of wine went up to $9-12 with some wines discontinued limiting choices for plus. Some wines then were increased to $13-18 that were at the start just $12. Then the new plus was introduced to offer drinks to $15.  Behold the wine choices narrowed further.  Basic choice for plus and some ok wines at $16-22.  Now we have the revised plus and premier drink packages so I am assuming the house wines will be $15 and the choice wines should rise to $18-25/glass. Up charges are still the name of the game on cruises. By the way. The bar alcohol has seen the same game played.  Basic brands for plus.  Better brands available to premier 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, canucktrio said:

(Not discussing premium wines) The price of a glass of wine was about $7-9 before covid.  Then the plus package was introduced with a drink limit of $12/drink. At the same time the price of wine went up to $9-12 with some wines discontinued limiting choices for plus. Some wines then were increased to $13-18 that were at the start just $12. Then the new plus was introduced to offer drinks to $15.  Behold the wine choices narrowed further.  Basic choice for plus and some ok wines at $16-22.  Now we have the revised plus and premier drink packages so I am assuming the house wines will be $15 and the choice wines should rise to $18-25/glass. Up charges are still the name of the game on cruises. By the way. The bar alcohol has seen the same game played.  Basic brands for plus.  Better brands available to premier 

I have been very satisfied with the bourbons available under the plus package  I get Woodford reserve or Buffalo Trace for my Manhattans is just file and my wife is happy with Grey Goose vodka. We do not consider them basic brands and the all fall within the plus package

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I believe this messaging should be held off until we see if it is for real.  I am not aware of anyone getting official word from Princess on this.  At least one of our active TA's on here would have heard about it ( @AtlantaCruiser72, @ceilidh1).  Okay, so it's not working right now, but there is nothing we know to indicate this is permanent and yet you seem to be convinced this is so.

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe this messaging should be held off until we see if it is for real.  I am not aware of anyone getting official word from Princess on this.  At least one of our active TA's on here would have heard about it ( @AtlantaCruiser72, @ceilidh1).  Okay, so it's not working right now, but there is nothing we know to indicate this is permanent and yet you seem to be convinced this is so.

I would actually be shocked if they discontinued the ability to pay for shipping...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, canucktrio said:

All drinks on the evening special menu at Good Spirits at Sea are covered by the Plus package.  That's all we care about. And most of these drinks are not made with basic brands.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canucktrio said:

And the price of goods at the grocery has gone up a good bit too in the last few years...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I would actually be shocked if they discontinued the ability to pay for shipping...

Well, it is disabled right now.  I have several cruises that I do not have that option.  I am standard.

We will see. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, memoak said:

I have been very satisfied with the bourbons available under the plus package  I get Woodford reserve or Buffalo Trace for my Manhattans is just file and my wife is happy with Grey Goose vodka. We do not consider them basic brands and the all fall within the plus package

Perhaps my over generalization.  Some brands did rise above the $15 mark and I assume due to inflation more than anything else.  
we just booked another cruise on the Sun princess for summer 2024.  Even with the plus package princess is still a good vacation value. 

I currently have two Princess cruises booked, one with Plus50 and one with Standard fare.  When looking at packages available for purchase, both of them offer me the New Plus for $64.99 plus 18% service charge for a total of  $76.69 per person per day.  The New Premier Package is offered to me for $84.99 plus 18% service charge for a total of $100.29 per person per day.  This is the first I have heard or seen of this yet another increase in price!  I don't think there will be many packages for me in the future;  in fact, I don't think there will be many Princess cruises for me in the future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

I currently have two Princess cruises booked, one with Plus50 and one with Standard fare.  When looking at packages available for purchase, both of them offer me the New Plus for $64.99 plus 18% service charge for a total of  $76.69 per person per day.  The New Premier Package is offered to me for $84.99 plus 18% service charge for a total of $100.29 per person per day.  This is the first I have heard or seen of this yet another increase in price!  I don't think there will be many packages for me in the future;  in fact, I don't think there will be many Princess cruises for me in the future.

Those are the prices for the stand alone beverage packages (no grats or wifi included). They are never a good value.  You might want to check the Plus and Premier Cruise packages.

• Like 4

On 8/6/2023 at 5:56 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

Princess pulling the ole bait and switch.  Pretty ballsy.

Seems kind of illegal to sell you something and then pull it back and still expect same cruise fare.

We’re Platinum but pretty much done with Princess.  We’re fed up that we book about 2 years in advance and select a specific cabin only to have it changed once we board.  I can’t do business with a company that I can’t trust 

We also are Platinum, and this may be our last cruise on Princess.  In the past, Platinum got free wi-fi but now we get to pay...but with a 50% discount if we didn't elect Plus or Premium.  The only nice thing for us is that Princess offers OBC for my husband who is a veteran.  I certinly hope our pre-selected cabin won't have changed when we board next week.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I have not seen/heard anything about Medallion shipping no longer available for Standard guests (for a fee) but I do have a cruise booked for myself in November and my travelling companion has been unable to order his medallion for about 4-5 days now, and we are on Plus package.  Seems a larger system issue.

I know there is a travel agent webinar on 8/24 with "exciting" news for Canadian guests.  My guess is launch of Medallion shipping for them.  Perhaps the entire Medallion ordering  system is disabled while they work on rolling out that?

image.png.8167549b7e863b3b3e0c84427861e414.png

• Like 1