New Pricing

harbourside

Just checked my cruises for 2025 and for a DV6 cabin it has gone up $6200.00 per person. Australian dollars.

This is a 32 day trip Circumnavigation of Australia. Just as well I booked on board our last cruise. 

Is Viking pricing itself into Luxury lines territory (Seabourn, Silverseas ), and it will compare badly with Oceania, which is now offering included wine and beer  with lunch and dinner, and offering a excursion credit.  A large number of wines are available, not the 1 red and 1 white with Viking.  From what I have read, Oceania food is far better. 

My last cruise with Viking, the food in the MDR was lacking.  I am hoping for better things with my next cruise, and for people paying the new price, they should expect a lot, lot more.

It is just reality for the price increase.  I am sure that the other cruise lines are increasing prices or decreasing what you get somehow.  It is not just Viking - IMO.

We expect to see a rise in price of up to $1,000.00 pp CAD each year.  We look at a cruise option price this year and decide against but then look again next year, and it has risen at least $600 to $1000 for the same cabin.

We are however looking at other cruise lines and not sticking with Viking for many reasons, and not just price.

You will however see in my signature that we leave on a Viking cruise in less than 2 weeks and we have two more Viking Cruises booked for future.  Does not mean that we will go on these, it is a tactic to keep our full payment deadline at 6 months from sailing.  We just always keep at least one future booking.

• Like 1

Viking were allways a bit expensive, and standards had fallen as the fleet expanded, but since covid there are far too many cost cutting measures evident, along with a change in culture onboard and little shore based customer service. 

We now think they are way overpriced for the product, we will only book with Viking if the price is right or a unique itinerary. Our TA no longer has Viking in their premium/luxury cruise brochure after feedback from customers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KBs mum said:

Viking were allways a bit expensive, and standards had fallen as the fleet expanded, but since covid there are far too many cost cutting measures evident, along with a change in culture onboard and little shore based customer service. 

We now think they are way overpriced for the product, we will only book with Viking if the price is right or a unique itinerary. Our TA no longer has Viking in their premium/luxury cruise brochure after feedback from customers

Don't disagree with you on anything that you have said here.  We still like Viking, but are not tied to Viking.

• Like 1

Has anyone checked in August to see if ALL Viking Ocean pricing has increased - or perhaps just Australia and the Circumnavigation?   Nevertheless, I do agree that ALL lines will have higher prices, even if they have not implemented them exactly today, it will be soon I believe.

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Has anyone checked in August to see if ALL Viking Ocean pricing has increased - or perhaps just Australia and the Circumnavigation?   Nevertheless, I do agree that ALL lines will have higher prices, even if they have not implemented them exactly today, it will be soon I believe.

I checked my future bookings and yes, prices are cruise fares are higher in varying amounts. Most airfare is higher too.

27 minutes ago, uktog said:

Both our river and ocean cruises are higher but we had heard on the grapevine there were to be increases on 1 August

I know this is wishful thinking when we are talking about price increases but does VO have a price guarantee like we get with Celebrity? Our cruise is not until October 2024 so is it worth checking pricing on a regular basis? 

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

I checked my future bookings and yes, prices are cruise fares are higher in varying amounts. Most airfare is higher too.

Just checked my future  booked cruise for 2025. It went up $200.00 pp for our DV1. 

Also checked a Nov 2023 transatlantic crossing and the price is same. I was hoping for a real sale on this cruise.Maybe next month. 

47 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Also checked a Nov 2023 transatlantic crossing and the price is same. I was hoping for a real sale on this cruise.Maybe next month. 

If it’s Barcelona to San Juan, SUM23 works for the Nov 3 cruise. Double past guest discount as well as reduced fare and free air. Also works on Barcelona to FTL.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

If it’s Barcelona to San Juan, SUM23 works for the Nov 3 cruise. Double past guest discount as well as reduced fare and free air. Also works on Barcelona to FTL.

I will  try a fake booking to see what  is the final price .

Thanks for the promo heads up.

2 hours ago, madmedic said:

I know this is wishful thinking when we are talking about price increases but does VO have a price guarantee like we get with Celebrity? Our cruise is not until October 2024 so is it worth checking pricing on a regular basis? 

If your cruise as you say is Oct 24 and you already booked it, you are fine. That’s the guarantee but you have to have a booking number and paid the deposit.  So if it is your cruise so to speak, you are protected.  You signed the contract.

5 hours ago, madmedic said:

My very limited experience tells me that Viking fares and promos change once a month, on the 1st of the month. Availability, however, does change, I believe, and can be trusted.

If you see a better fare or promo, remember you will be responsible for whatever penalty would be in effect for cancelling what you already booked. Also, once any serious penalties kick in, you would be saddled with them, even if moving to a higher priced category.

Promo codes are discussed in a separate thread. I was actually unaware of them until I came home from my first Viking Ocean. I think they would be worth pursuing, as you can tell from the last few posts.

Have fun, checking all of this out! I hope your cruise will end up being, like mine was, an example of Viking at its best.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, millybess said:

Our Amazon cruise has increased by 8%, but our Far East and Alaska cruise has increased by 17%!! assuming we pay by e-cheque in both cases. 

You are right to put the increase in terms of a percentage. And if I were mathematically inclined I would do so also. (it was all I could do to subtract the old price from the new).  And I guess the increase I noted might be a very small percentage if we were in the Owner’s suite. But we are not. Just a regular PV 1. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

You are right to put the increase in terms of a percentage. And if I were mathematically inclined I would do so also. (it was all I could do to subtract the old price from the new).  And I guess the increase I noted might be a very small percentage if we were in the Owner’s suite. But we are not. Just a regular PV 1. 

Haha. I am mathematically challenged. Thankfully DH is a mathematician!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

We booked this last Feb while on the WC.  I did NOT go through the cruise consultant, but my Viking rep.
The price for the PV1 I booked has gone up $2300 according to list price today.  

52 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

We booked this last Feb while on the WC.  I did NOT go through the cruise consultant, but my Viking rep.
The price for the PV1 I booked has gone up $2300 according to list price today.  

List price vs list price or your discounted price vs list price? 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

Just now, OneSixtyToOne said:

List price vs list price or your discounted price vs list price.

When I did my calculations, I was very careful to compare list price vs. list price.  We all have all kinds of other credits, vouchers, etc. that can change.  It is just a lot more expensive right now.  But, my other two cruises have remained the same.  So, go figure, although I booked them more recently, and one is a River cruise.

I have noticed that in this past year or so of cruising,  the starting prices for new cruises are coming in extremely high for almost all lines. It seems that they are asking the absolute greatest amount for itineraries as they are introduced for sale.

If a person is absolutely set on a certain date or a certain itinerary, then one is more or less "stuck" paying the price.  Yes, I bit the bullet and had to do this with my recent Mediterranean cruise, which I thought had the perfect itinerary, and I booked two years in advance.  The cruise was very, very popular, and the price never went down.

As my cruise grew closer, I was getting email blasts from other cruise lines with RIDICULOUSLY cheap last minute (less than three months) offers for Mediterranean cruises.  Viking also sent a similar email to me for more exotic locations for cruises with low bookings. Of course, we all know Viking wants all the money upfront much sooner than other cruise lines.

Well, I have my bucket list cruises finished for the next few years, so now I can focus a bit more just cruising for pleasure.  I have decided that I am going to be flexible, and just wait until about a half year or less in advance to book, and perhaps take advantage of those great last-minute offers. Yes, I am sure they will be there in the future again. 

• Like 1