Sun bed hogs.

Malleykatt

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

My reasoning is most leaving for lengthy times are not as nice as you.  If use is restricted to those actually using the pool area, then the problem is greatly reduced.   Unfortunately, considerate folks (like you) pay the price.   However, it won't happen because it can't or won't be enforced 

If the chairs are paired with a medallion and you see that someone has been gone for an extended period, you can report in the app and attendants verify the absence and deal with the chairs accordingly. 

it’s like a meter maid putting chalk on your tire …

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If the chairs are paired with a medallion and you see that someone has been gone for an extended period, you can report in the app and attendants verify the absence and deal with the chairs accordingly. 

it’s like a meter maid putting chalk on your tire …

Or, equip each chair so red light = chair in use, green light = chair available!  

23 hours ago, doghog said:

I walk the track early every morning on the ship and always have a birds eye view of the chair hogs scurrying about with their bed hair and in their robes or PJs marking their territory, especially on sea days. Great entertainment. 🤣 

Kind of makes you want to move all of their stuff to loungers in a completely different location. They’ll think they have dementia by the time they leave.  

• Haha 13

10 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

That will happen when you have assigned chairs that you pay for, which is coming soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I have no problem with 30 minutes as long as the user is at the pool deck.  Food and drink can be ordered on the medallion.  They have bathrooms on the pool deck area.  It is those who leave the pool area for something else who need to give up their claim to a chair.  

I recognize my opinion is likely not a popular one.  

What difference where a person goes during the 30 minute break? As long as their back in a reasonable amount of time, they're entitled to return & claim the chair. Of course the real question is, how long do they have to remain seated upon returning before the clock can be restarted?

Why should I have to pay to utilize the medallion when the buffet is there for my convenience. 

image.png.e878ef1781fe0ba210ca23d45f60c2b0.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Kind of makes you want to move all of their stuff to loungers in a completely different location. They’ll think they have dementia by the time they leave.  

I actually do that.  Before anyone accuses me of stealing stuff moving stuff isd not stealing.  It is relocating.

DON

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

What difference where a person goes during the 30 minute break? As long as their back in a reasonable amount of time, they're entitled to return & claim the chair. Of course the real question is, how long do they have to remain seated upon returning before the clock can be restarted?

Why should I have to pay to utilize the medallion when the buffet is there for my convenience. 

Depends.  Did you save your chair with some personal items, so new arrivals know that a legitimate cruiser is actually occupying that lounger, or did you just leave the towel as your marker?  

I don't move personal stuff, I ask the staff to do that for me.  So I wait like a good cruiser and then happily have it moved after the appropriate amount of time has passed.

Princess towel?  That there is an open spot! 😉

• Like 3

You hate to allocate staff, but in an effort to keep the peace, just have some monitors in the early hours of the first few days of the cruise. They walk among the loungers, remind cruisers of the 30 minute policy, and watch and wait. As the time elapses, move the personal items into a lost and found with a very long wait to retrieve. Do this for a few days and the practice will subside substantially. People will either stay with their chair (which is fine), or they will give up hope. 

The problem persists because there are no consequences for the inconsideration. 

• Like 6

On 8/2/2023 at 12:38 PM, Teechur said:

An hour would allow someone to go to the buffet, for example, but I agree that 30 minutes would be even better. Meanwhile, there is currently no limit, which is awful. 😠

You should not be able to save lounge chairs while you go to the buffet.  That's a different activity.  You should only be able to keep your lounge chair when you are using the lounge chair for activities connected with the lounge chair (e.g. in the pool or getting a drink at the nearby bar).

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You are certainly entitled to use the buffet.  You are not entitled to keep a lounge chair while you do it.  Lounge chairs are for guests doing lounge chair things.  Under your theory, why not just put a towel on a lounge chair the first night and have it there all week? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, deltahog said:

You are certainly entitled to use the buffet.  You are not entitled to keep a lounge chair while you do it.  Lounge chairs are for guests doing lounge chair things.  Under your theory, why not just put a towel on a lounge chair the first night and have it there all week? 

Are you serious or is your post meant to comical? Who determines what a person is supposed to do when not actually sitting in the chair?

What people do their absence is their business and as long as they don't abuse the time limit to any great degree, there's no harm done.

And btw, what are "lounge chair things"? 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Are you serious or is your post meant to comical? Who determines what a person is supposed to do when not actually sitting in the chair?

What people do their absence is their business and as long as they don't abuse the time limit to any great degree, there's no harm done.

And btw, what are "lounge chair things"? 

I'm quite serious.  You leave the pool area, you lose the chair.  That should be the rule.  Many other posters have suggested the same, with the idea of tracking location by medallion; or monitors employed by the ship.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, deltahog said:

I'm quite serious.  You leave the pool area, you lose the chair.  That should be the rule.  Many other posters have suggested the same, with the idea of tracking location by medallion; or monitors employed by the ship.

I guess you were serious after all. 😄

Unfortunately, you don't make the rules, Princess does and as I see it, there are no limitations as to where I can go during my 30 minute breaks. i.e. food, bathroom, drinks, walking. 

What are those "lounge chair things"? Is there a list I can check? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

I guess you were serious after all. 😄

Unfortunately, you don't make the rules, Princess does and as I see it, there are no limitations as to where I can go during my 30 minute breaks. i.e. food, bathroom, drinks, walking. 

What are those "lounge chair things"? Is there a list I can check? 

Yes.  I am saying what should be.  As well all are.  It's rude otherwise.

1 minute ago, deltahog said:

Yes.  I am saying what should be.  As well all are.  It's rude otherwise.

Well I'm sorry but as I see it, the way I utilize the lounge chair is perfectly fine. Princess nor anyone else has never removed my items even if I am 10 minutes late returning. 

19 hours ago, MissP22 said:

See post #50 for my reasoning which I realize is unpopular to many. 

I didn't realize ordering food with the medallion has a fee.  

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Well I'm sorry but as I see it, the way I utilize the lounge chair is perfectly fine. Princess nor anyone else has never removed my items even if I am 10 minutes late returning. 

"...even if I am 10 minutes late returning."

And, there's the rub!  

• Like 6