Sun bed hogs.

Malleykatt

Oh well it had to happen....sun bed hogs hit the Sky Princess today.

We went for breakfast at 8 and not a single sunbed to be seen. All had towels and other possessions on, no people though.  As a school LSA I know I can only book school holidays but I haven't come on holiday to run this gauntlet every sea day. It's like Benidorm !! The Brits will know what I mean. 

We're lucky as we've a mini suite on the bump out with the big balcony but last time I'll do out of Southampton in holidays. 

I might do a bit about the stops we have in the med if anyone is interested.  We'll rant over and back to my book 

• Like 2

My recent cruise on Enchanted was the same, I managed to find a distant corner to sunbathe for an hour on one sea day, other than that there was no chance. I can't be bothered with getting enraged on holiday so I took myself off to do other things instead but deep down inside there was suppressed fury. I enjoyed my regular size balcony, I'm sure you will have much more sprawling space. Bon voyage!

Yes all chilled out and the cocktails arriving to the cabin. The apps working well so far and haven't had a long wait yet. The poor deck attendant was struggling earlier but not sure how busy it is up there.

Enjoying the view of endless sea.

• Like 3

We were on the Enchanted earlier this summer and were frequently able to find loungers in the Wake Pool and Retreat pool areas.  We had no interest in relaxing in the loud, crowded main pool area, but I do understand your disappointment and frustration.  We also had a mini-suite balcony with chairs, but no loungers.  We used our balcony mainly for observing the ocean and the interesting sail-ins and sail- outs.

On the Enchanted in July, you had to get to the Wake Pool by 7:30 AM to get a lounger, and they’d be taken all day. The Retreat pool was always full. The main pool area would be full until around 4:00. Lots of chair hogs and not many actual people. There were no time limits expressed in the Patter, where people’s stuff would be removed, only a request to be polite about lounger use. I never saw anything enforced.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

Princess needs to add one-hour timers to the loungers. When you leave, you have one hour to return, or your stuff may be moved. Yes, people can return just to reset the timers, but it actually helps with the problem. I've seen it done in Cancun.👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Princess needs to add one-hour timers to the loungers.

You will upset a lot of people with this comment.  I think the general understanding is 30 minutes, but there are a lot of people who seem to think if you get up for anything you should take your possessions with you.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You will upset a lot of people with this comment.  I think the general understanding is 30 minutes, but there are a lot of people who seem to think if you get up for anything you should take your possessions with you.  

An hour would allow someone to go to the buffet, for example, but I agree that 30 minutes would be even better. Meanwhile, there is currently no limit, which is awful. 😠

• Like 3

I don't consider a chair "occupied" unless it has someone personal stuff on it.  A Princess towel does not count IMHO.  I'd watch it for a few minutes, then just take it over.  It's like the same folks who "cluster" some loungers together to claim them all.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, scooter6139 said:

I don't consider a chair "occupied" unless it has someone personal stuff on it.  A Princess towel does not count IMHO.

But what if the person is in the pool? I think that deserves a little consideration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

Just out of curiosity, because I'm someone who hates confrontation, has this ever caused an issue in any way?

Nope, I usually move the chairs from where they are a bit too, if it's just books a magazine etc I'll do it. I.do look at the usual suspects and allow an hour or so. 

• Like 1

I usually ask someone that is actually there if they have seen somebody. When I get a no, I move stuff. Usually spend 1-2 hrs max. 

Move stuff back. NEVER saw anybody in over 30 cruises.

If I had been there less then 30 min, I may move. More then that, I would ask them when they left.

Agree a towel is not enough to save a chair.

Same if you are in the pool for hours, find a chair after.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

But what if the person is in the pool? I think that deserves a little consideration. 

Ergo watching for a minute.  I can usually see the pool or hot tub and make an educated guess.

As the OP posted, this was at 8am.  Probably not a lot of people in the pool or hot tub, just a bunch of cruisers who want to eat breakfast and think/believe putting down a Princess towel really means anything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Ergo watching for a minute.  I can usually see the pool or hot tub and make an educated guess.

As the OP posted, this was at 8am.  Probably not a lot of people in the pool or hot tub, just a bunch of cruisers who want to eat breakfast and think/believe putting down a Princess towel really means anything.

Wherever they may be, they're still entitled to their 45 minutes of time before their chair is taken over.

I walk the track early every morning on the ship and always have a birds eye view of the chair hogs scurrying about with their bed hair and in their robes or PJs marking their territory, especially on sea days. Great entertainment. 🤣 

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Did pop to main pool about 4 and quite a few gaps and space but a group of 4 still with everything on it the same as at 8 this morning. That's just rude!

Won't spoil our hols though. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There must be some incident of ownership present for me to not just take over. When I go to the pool, I wear sandals and a bathrobe, for example, and leave these near the chair. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Malleykatt said:

Did pop to main pool about 4 and quite a few gaps and space but a group of 4 still with everything on it the same as at 8 this morning. That's just rude!

Won't spoil our hols though. 

I’m on this cruise. There is a sign noting a half hour limit to chair hogs. I wouldn’t hesitate to remove a towel only under this rule. Likely, you’ll never be challenged. And if you are, assert the rule. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Teechur said:

An hour would allow someone to go to the buffet, for example, but I agree that 30 minutes would be even better. Meanwhile, there is currently no limit, which is awful. 😠

There is a 30-minute limit.  But you need to engage a Princess employee to check the time and then start waiting.  Some folks just remove the offending material.  I have no problem with that.  If guest ultimately returns, just tell them it was moved when you got there.  If they are smart, they won't say anything since they know they were wrong.

• Like 2