Embarkation Day

Mrs f.

we  board around  noon. Ship doesn't leave till 9pm.  Are there the usual O activities such as trivia and tea on embarkation Day? Cannot remember.  Thanks.

Pulled out my Currents for Embarkation on Sirena 11/18/22:  No trivia or tea.

Shuffleboard & Golf available all day.

Ping Pong from 9-9.

String Quartet played thrice (Noon, 1:15, and 2:15), each time for 45 minutes.

Show band Sail Away at 5.

Mark at the piano 6:30, 10:15 and 11:30 PM.

Always read your daily Currents.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

They usually have come visit contests in the spa area (have to be there to win) and the restuarants run longer hours into the afternoon until all rooms are avaiable.

Never  seen these contests   where do you sign up?

Usually the spa is open for tours in the afternoon

Waves is open as usual to 4pm   IME  

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Never  see these contests   where do you sign up?

Usually the spa is open for tours in the afternoon

Waves is open as usual to 4pm   IME  

It'll be around 5:00 on embarkation day in the spa.  No need to sign up.  Just show up and put your name in the hat for a chance to win a massage, etc. This is what they did on my Sirena cruise last fall. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

LHT:  They are held in the spa as SunLover12 has stated.  Usually 3 to 5 prizes handed out to those still there after the tour.

Thanks

Do not recall this  on cruises pre covid   as we usually had Muster drill at  5:15     or maybe just missed  it 

On 8/2/2023 at 2:01 PM, Mrs f. said:

we  board around  noon. Ship doesn't leave till 9pm.  Are there the usual O activities such as trivia and tea on embarkation Day? Cannot remember.  Thanks.

Miriam have a great cruise both of you and hope you create some new happy memories.

Rosalyn

2 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Miriam have a great cruise both of you and hope you create some new happy memories.

Rosalyn

Thanks Roz.  Will be on Vista.  Still in contact with a bunch of people from Regatta.....

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I would go to Baristas for my tea...and make it some sort of coffee.  On Vista they bake things there as well.  (Can't wait to smell that!)

I don’t want to toot it’s horn to loudly, or it will get overcrowded, the the new Barrista on Vista is fabulous. Unless it’s a relaxing sea day and doing breakfast in the GDR, it’s my favorite spot for breakfast.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I don’t want to toot it’s horn to loudly, or it will get overcrowded, the the new Barrista on Vista is fabulous. Unless it’s a relaxing sea day and doing breakfast in the GDR, it’s my favorite spot for breakfast.

That is SUPER good news.  Since Embers is a dead cinder (apparently) and the Aquamar Kitchen or whatever it is called doesn't appeal to us and we don't like Toscana, at least there is one great place (plus of course Red Ginger, Polo and the MDR.). 

What sort of things do they have at Baristas for breakfast?  I suppose nothing cooked.  But fresh croissants ?  Bagels ?   

3 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

That is SUPER good news.  Since Embers is a dead cinder (apparently) and the Aquamar Kitchen or whatever it is called doesn't appeal to us and we don't like Toscana, at least there is one great place (plus of course Red Ginger, Polo and the MDR.). 

What sort of things do they have at Baristas for breakfast?  I suppose nothing cooked.  But fresh croissants ?  Bagels ?   

For breakfast, they have fresh fruit, a daily rotation of several different pastries, cold cuts and cheese, along with a daily special. That special may be a quiche, fresh pancakes, or other tasty tidbits. 

Barrista is a great place for the best cup of coffee, prepared as you please, along with plenty for a light but satisfying breakfast. If it has a singular drawback, it’s that some consider it their personal environs and want to move in at 07:00, bogart an table, and sit and surf until 11:00 or later. This makes it crowded and inaccessible for some during the breakfast rush. They know they’re being rude by doing so, but don’t care in that they’re there everyday.

41 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

For breakfast, they have fresh fruit, a daily rotation of several different pastries, cold cuts and cheese, along with a daily special. That special may be a quiche, fresh pancakes, or other tasty tidbits. 

Barrista is a great place for the best cup of coffee, prepared as you please, along with plenty for a light but satisfying breakfast. If it has a singular drawback, it’s that some consider it their personal environs and want to move in at 07:00, bogart an table, and sit and surf until 11:00 or later. This makes it crowded and inaccessible for some during the breakfast rush. They know they’re being rude by doing so, but don’t care in that they’re there everyday.

Agree on people staying way too long. Sorta like the chaise lounge hogs at the pool. I know on our Vista cruise there were the same 2 or 3 people in the Barista playing cards for hours on end every day in one of booth tables that could accommodate probably up to 5 or 6 people. Was very rude. Go hang out in Horizons if you want to just sit and play cards where there is plenty of room. Was a tad bit annoying. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1