Medallion app

Hello all, Does anyone have any idea why the Medallion App keeps changing from Green Lane ocean ready, then it changes to Blue, Then back to Green ,Then blue again, this happens 2-3 times a day, I'm trying to book my arrival time at Southampton in September, many thanks.

Mine has changed from green lane to blue many times, however we should be blue as we have to pick up our medallion at the pier. As far as I know Princess have discontinued the need to select an arrival time.

2 hours ago, PGT10 said:

Hello all, Does anyone have any idea why the Medallion App keeps changing from Green Lane ocean ready, then it changes to Blue, Then back to Green ,Then blue again, this happens 2-3 times a day, I'm trying to book my arrival time at Southampton in September, many thanks.

No more arrival times.  That has been deleted on the App also.  Go whatever time is convenient for you.

Check your travel summary, just above Itinerary:  Shows your boarding time and sail time.

There have been many attempted updates to the App lately causing back and forth green and blue.

If you have to pick up at the port, you’ll go into the blue lane. You can order the medallion and just click pick up at port

if your outside of the US.  No big deal.

45 minutes ago, PGT10 said:

Many thanks for your reply, we are sailing from Southampton, nothing showing on itinerary yet, maybe a little early. 

NP.  Make sure to click on print travel summary in your cruise personalizer.

Ours show’s boarding 1130 am, so we’ll go about 10-1030 probably.

image.thumb.png.fcc8d63f15076881a444bb933cf5a718.png

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I was told this morning (this was the fourth phone call to Princess), that your Medallion app will not work until you cruise is fully paid!  You can review your cruise on the web site but, the Medallion app will show "No booking number found".  Can this be?  Can't reserve excursions, make dinner reservations, etc. until the cruise is fully paid?    This can't be right?  Has anyone had this experience? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pickels said:

This is what I was told this morning (this was the fourth phone call to Princess), that your Medallion app will not work until you cruise is fully paid!  You can review your cruise on the web site but, the Medallion app will show "No booking number found".  Can this be?  Can't reserve excursions, make dinner reservations, etc. until the cruise is fully paid?    This can't be right?  Has anyone had this experience? 

Unbelievable!  Absolutely FALSE! 

Responding to Rick and Jeannie; 

why do you say FALSE?

I had two phone calls to Princess, speaking to two difference "navigators", at two different times, and both said the same thing---your Medallion app will not work until after final payment.  Are they both lying

13 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Responding to Rick and Jeannie; 

why do you say FALSE?

I had two phone calls to Princess, speaking to two difference "navigators", at two different times, and both said the same thing---your Medallion app will not work until after final payment.  Are they both lying

Or misinformed.  The app absolutely works within 2-3 days after you book your cruise.  Dine my way is the only thing I know of that states you will need to be paid in full, unless you are platinum and above.

also, there are certain features that only work on board.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

Unfortunately with the outsourcing of the main call center reports like this are becoming all too common. Many have posted here on CC that they would call 3 times and get 3 different answers for seemingly very basic questions. Poor or total lack of training is really the only explanation. 

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Unbelievable!  Absolutely FALSE! 

You realize that booking excursions pre-cruise on the App will just load the Excursions tab of your Travel Summary on your App?  Just do it online and skip using the App for this pre-cruise.  

• Like 1

FINALLY---after a month of trying with four phone calls, three service tickets and two chat sessions, the Medallion app on my phone is up and running!

Whew!  what an ordeal to simply get an app to function correctly; I'm just hoping that it stays "active" for my cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pickels said:

FINALLY---after a month of trying with four phone calls, three service tickets and two chat sessions, the Medallion app on my phone is up and running!

Whew!  what an ordeal to simply get an app to function correctly; I'm just hoping that it stays "active" for my cruise.

If you have any problems on board it is easy to see the IT Manager/staff who can sort out any issues. Unlike foreign based Call Centres, staff on the ship can't hide behind misinformation.

• Like 1

Is there a tutorial or presentation by a crew member on the App, once on board?

- What all can it do

- Best uses

- Neat little tricks

- Troubleshooting if my phone screen doesn't look like the one on the overhead

Would seem like an excellent use of 15 minutes for newbies (me) or Luddites (sorta me, sorta not) or newbie Luddites (I guess I qualify).

Edited by deltahog

1 hour ago, deltahog said:

- What all can it do

- Best uses

- Neat little tricks

Would seem like an excellent use of 15 minutes for newbies (me) or Luddites (sorta me, sorta not) or newbie Luddites (I guess I qualify).

They used to regularly do a session in the theater, but IDK if they still do.  There is an OCEAN help desk setup somewhere on the main decks (5-7) and you can always drop by there for some assistance and information.

ETA:  It would be useful if Princess had a Technical Writer prepare a video presentation and post it on their website.  But that would be too logical for them to think of.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 1

Perhaps this will help. I just looked at my booking in the app. I checked the JourneyView Activities Timeline and the first thing in the listing of Events is:

MedallionClass Welcome Presentation. 3:00PM - 3:45PM in Explorer's. When I select that to get a description it says:

Join your Cruise Director for a 20 minute engaging presentation to help you maximize your MedallionClass vacation.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 10:49 AM, deltahog said:

- What all can it do

- Best uses

- Neat little tricks

I’ve still seen it listed on the Patter or in your activities in Journey View once OB.