Transfers to Port

lbrandon

Does NCL allow you to book transfers from the airport to the cruise port on a different day than your flight? We will be flying into LAX 2 days before our cruise and staying at a hotel near the airport. We are wondering if we could go back to the airport and take the NCL bus to the port on the day of the cruise.

I've done it several times, various airports.  However, on 1 occasion they informed me about a week in advance that it was no longer possible (this was in Buenos Aires) - citing issues with security, which the airport denied. Not a happy camper but fortunately I had a refundable hotel reservation so was able to alter my plans.

4 hours ago, lbrandon said:

Does NCL allow you to book transfers from the airport to the cruise port on a different day than your flight? 

This is often done. Weve done it for Newark going out of NYC in case of bad weather etc We always make sure the hotel has a free airport shuttle. 

On 8/5/2023 at 1:10 PM, lbrandon said:

Does NCL allow you to book transfers from the airport to the cruise port on a different day than your flight? We will be flying into LAX 2 days before our cruise and staying at a hotel near the airport. We are wondering if we could go back to the airport and take the NCL bus to the port on the day of the cruise.

Short answer is yes, I do it often when traveling solo out of Port Canaveral.

• 4 weeks later...

We are also thinking of arriving a day early in LA and booking a hotel nearby with free shuttle. We have already booked ground transportation with them. I called NCL to see if it would be possible to catch their bus to port and was told yes and to come to baggage claim area at 10 am the day of sailing, Jan 12. As I write this , I’m really not sure why 10 am; surely there are several flights arriving at different times on that day. 

Edited by Pola

1 hour ago, Pola said:

We are also thinking of arriving a day early in LA and booking a hotel nearby with free shuttle. We have already booked ground transportation with them. I called NCL to see if it would be possible to catch their bus to port and was told yes and to come to baggage claim area at 10 am the day of sailing, Jan 12. As I write this , I’m really not sure why 10 am; surely there are several flights arriving at different times on that day. 

Show up when you want. There may/may not be shuttles running earlier. 

There was one time transferring from Orlando to Port Canaveral that they did not release transfer buses until 10 am. But I think that was more of an exception than normal practice. 

3 hours ago, Pola said:

I suspect first  the shuttles pick up debarking passengers and deliver them to the airport.

Then these same shuttles pick  up arriving passengers and take them to the port.

Rinse, repeat.

10 AM is just when the first buses with debarking passengers arrive at the air port.

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I suspect first  the shuttles pick up debarking passengers and deliver them to the airport.

Then these same shuttles pick  up arriving passengers and take them to the port.

Rinse, repeat.

10 AM is just when the first buses with debarking passengers arrive at the air port.

That makes sense.