Volendam Cat. D Dolphin deck cabins - do they all have full showers?

StLouisCruisers

We booked that cabin and were told by the HAL rep that they have the tubs removed and showers installed instead.  But Cruisedeckplans.com doesn't mention D category having showers installed, still tub/shower combos.  If you are on Volendam and can find out (room stewards?) please do and let us know.

Last year we were just down the hall in 1838 and the new shower was so nice.  Those cabins (E cat.) were mentioned on Cruisedeckplans.com as being renovated.

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I was in DA2550 and yes it had a glassed in shower. 

Cruisedeckplans.com does say that DA cabins on Main deck between 2538 and 2677 have full showers.  But nowhere does it say cat. D cabins have them.  I need someone who has been in the D category cabins on Volendam to answer.  Please?  And if in 1848 I would particularly like to hear back from you.

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

So sorry to be a bother 

No, I’m sorry that you felt I was dismissing you!  I agree and the deck plan website agrees that other categories got the upgrade. They flat out avoid mentioning the D category which is what I have booked. Your opinion has always been helpful to me in the past and I deeply apologize that you felt dismissed. 😕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

But nowhere does it say cat. D cabins have them.  I need someone who has been in the D category cabins on Volendam to answer.  Please?  And if in 1848 I would particularly like to hear back from you.

CruiseDeckPlans has photos from D1856 (two cabins from 1848), uploaded in 2018, that show the glass door shower-only. (Pics of D1870 from 2008 have the old tub-shower.)

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

CruiseDeckPlans has photos from D1856 (two cabins from 1848), uploaded in 2018, that show the glass door shower-only. (Pics of D1870 from 2008 have the old tub-shower.)

Thank you. That sounds reassuring. We’re on Zaandam and the tub/showers are slippery and have more complicated hardware. 

• Like 1

Volendam had the tubs in all ocean view rooms converted to showers (I’m not talking about Vista or Neptune suites).  Only exception I could find were two DA rooms way up forward on Verandah Deck (6).  (The confusion is because, for whatever reason, Zaandam has had some rooms done, but not all. Maddening for those who it matters to when they are trying to book a room.  Have to read the deck plan notes carefully).

• Thanks 2

Sandi, I was recently on the Volendam in an inside cabin just across from the D category cabins port side and got to see one. (I knew someone who showed me her cabin.). The shower had been converted to the glassed in type with the tiles and was very nice. I was so jealous because my inside cabin hadn’t. 

• Thanks 1

Could someone let me know about my Cat F (room F1919)? Travel Agent just gave us this because we wanted to be near family in an F triple.  Don't mean to steal this thread but hoping someone can answer!

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sandi, I was recently on the Volendam in an inside cabin just across from the D category cabins port side and got to see one. (I knew someone who showed me her cabin.). The shower had been converted to the glassed in type with the tiles and was very nice. I was so jealous because my inside cabin hadn’t. 

Sharon, glad to hear about the ocean views but sorry your cabin wasn’t upgraded yet. I agree the big showers are so nice. Sorry I don’t have info on F 1919 @mailmama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sharon, glad to hear about the ocean views but sorry your cabin wasn’t upgraded yet. I agree the big showers are so nice. 

I thought of something else that was nice about her cabin.  The desk stool was replaced with a brand new looking chair. My stool was heavy and awkward to move and I ended up not even using it. BTW, I looked it up and it was 1858. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mailmama said:

Could someone let me know about my Cat F (room F1919)? Travel Agent just gave us this because we wanted to be near family in an F triple.  Don't mean to steal this thread but hoping someone can answer!

F cabin 1824 had not been upgraded in 2021. BUT the Volendam had a drydock in Feb 2022, so who knows? You should let us know!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

F cabin 1824 had not been upgraded in 2021. BUT the Volendam had a drydock in Feb 2022, so who knows? You should let us know!

Ugh! Well I guess we will find out in 8 weeks! I’m sure hoping that is not the case. We have had this cabin several times on the Amsterdam and Maasdam. Love the location and it was a shower only cabin. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, crystalspin said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼Got good news from friends onboard the Volendam. 1824 does have a remodeled bathroom with shower only!! Whew! It will be so much easier for DH to not have to climb into a bathtub. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dchip said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼Got good news from friends onboard the Volendam. 1824 does have a remodeled bathroom with shower only!! Whew! It will be so much easier for DH to not have to climb into a bathtub. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Great news!  Those tubs are slippery.

• Like 1