Scenic on the Seine, when not in the best of health!

Canal archive

Got it in one the day started the evening before with a few niggles about the time we had to leave but it paid off in spades we were first through the group door and that’s how I pretty sure everyone got that oh so important photograph. I’m so glad we’re now digital I wouldn’t like to think how much film I would have pushed through my camera to ensure I got that shot. When we finally left the place was packed and the entrance queue was way way long, made the coffee and cake even more welcome and back on board many thanks to our CD for insisting on the early start.

12 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Got it in one the day started the evening before with a few niggles about the time we had to leave but it paid off in spades we were first through the group door and that’s how I pretty sure everyone got that oh so important photograph. I’m so glad we’re now digital I wouldn’t like to think how much film I would have pushed through my camera to ensure I got that shot. When we finally left the place was packed and the entrance queue was way way long, made the coffee and cake even more welcome and back on board many thanks to our CD for insisting on the early start.

We had the same experience with Mandy.  She of course had to leave even earlier than the rest of us, since she and the Asst CD [whatever they're calling him now] led a bike ride to the garden – even though only one couple signed up for it!  That's just one example of why this Scenic cruise put them at the top of the cruise line ranking!

• Like 1

Mandy’s assistant with us was Spanish and basically training she’ll get it sorted, just needs a bit more positivity. At the end of our cruise Mandy was off for the full next cruise and her opposite number from the Bordeaux cruise was taking over, evidently they are good friends and swap over occasionally for a change of view and not to get to set in their ways. Seemed a good idea to me.

• Like 1

I could lead that tour - well maybe not around Paris but around London. My car for 14 years was a Deux Chevaux or two horses my version was a Dolly - rhubarb & custard the most wonderful car ever. The engine went on and on and never failed me until one fateful day when it shed a fan blade, an obviously well informed man stopped to help and asked when I last filled up with water! but bits fell off frequently, the indicator arm off the steering wheel holder usually when negotiating a round about. The window clips hence the pictures of the car with flapping windows. Maybe you could shoot peas through it but it got me all around the U.K. to Girl Guide events and of course camp. Just be careful if you approach one going at ‘speed’ along a motorway as it sways they have fully independent suspension you will not believe the angles that super car can achieve. I eventually sold her because in giving my DH a lift somewhere he decided it was decidedly unsafe for his DW, there are not many cars that after 14 years you get three times as much as you paid for it. Last time I heard it may have been going to Australia on a 2CV invades trip.

3 hours ago, Daisi said:

Love the 2CV's (or Deux CV (pronounced SayVay) here). I'll have to bookmark that idea for when we do a Paris cruise. I am putting that one off...DH would love to see Paris, I'm not a city lover. 🙂

You see Paris – but not nearly as much as you Are Seen!  Our driver said he is the most photographed person in Paris...

• Like 1

Just realised I’d not finished off our Seine Cruise - been off galavanting with the family. 
We had a slight hiccup with our email, caused by we were led to believe by that age old thorn Apple won’t speak to Microsoft and vice-versa. Scenic still seem to be having hangover challenges with their hacking attack earlier in the year.

All of our holiday was special the Scenic crew were exceptional one of our best ever. 
On our arrival they had no Lagavulin Single malt on board, one of my favourites this was a Saturday it was behind the bar by Monday. Okay silly things but when all of the staff go out of their way to ensure your holiday is the best it can be. 
Regardless of how ill I was my DH was the best. One of our fellow cruisers asked if I felt I’d wasted my money not being able to take many of the excursions, thinking about it a resounding no as when I was well enough I had a wonderful time and would go again and again and again. 
Happy cruising all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1