Shareholder on board credit paperwork question

edgee

After you submit your paperwork for the Shareholder OBC, do you get ANYTHING from Oceania regarding the status of the request?

I’ve submitted my Brokerage Statement and the Form as shown on the website and get an Automated Request saying that it has been received, but nothing else.  I’ve looked on my booking website and don’t see the credit reflected.  So, I don’t know if I’ve received it or not.

I waited until after Final Payment to submit the request.  It is now six weeks before sailing date and I’m wondering if I should resubmit the request.  

44 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

After you submit your paperwork for the Shareholder OBC, do you get ANYTHING from Oceania regarding the status of the request?

I’ve submitted my Brokerage Statement and the Form as shown on the website and get an Automated Request saying that it has been received, but nothing else.  I’ve looked on my booking website and don’t see the credit reflected.  So, I don’t know if I’ve received it or not.

I waited until after Final Payment to submit the request.  It is now six weeks before sailing date and I’m wondering if I should resubmit the request.  

Really does not seem to be much consistency.  Some say it shows on their online account, and others say only shows on invoice. Now do they automatically send an updated invoice?? I’m in same boat as submitted for first time doing this and other than the automated response have not heard anything.  I most likely sent mine too early so will just hold tight here and resubmit next month if needed.  

52 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

I get an automated email directly from Oceania after submitting the paperwork.  Then about a week or so later I get an email from my TA that has my updated invoice with the credit included. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before resubmitting call Oceania and they should be able to confirm whether the credit was applied or not. Then obtain the Oceania invoice from your TA or O itself. The credit should be listed under the Gifts and Amenities on the invoice.

• Like 2

I am sure I'm just reaching for the stars but if we booked a grand voyage which is also sold as 2 segments, can we submit for the 2 separate segments to get 2 separate OBCs?

10 hours ago, mhdesno2 said:

I am sure I'm just reaching for the stars but if we booked a grand voyage which is also sold as 2 segments, can we submit for the 2 separate segments to get 2 separate OBCs?

Do you have two separate booking numbers?  If not, then no.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mhdesno2 said:

Depending on the varying lengths you may be better if just one longer. Two 10 days would get you $100 for each. One longer at 20 days gets you $250. 

Thank you both for your replies. I figured I could not claim both segments. I believe that the benefit is $100 for cruises 7-14 days and $250 for 15 days and longer. The grand voyage is 32 days with 2 segments of 14 and 18 days each, so it would have been $350 instead of $250. The difference is really peanuts when compared to the total cost of the cruise.😉

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

My $250. was added today to my booking under "View Credits" - less than 5 hours from when I emailed the information. Very pleased that it was handled so efficiently.

Just curious, when is your cruise?

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Early November. Little less than three months out.

Thanks for the info.  I sent mine last Monday for a cruise in October and still nothing showing on the View Credits screen.  I did get the automatic email they had received it. I guess just another example of some inconsistency.  I’ll follow early next month if nothing happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 7:04 PM, EJL2023 said:

I did get the automatic email they had received it. I guess just another example of some inconsistency.

My major complaint with Oceania is the lack of information and poor customer service. Anyone trying to use their website knows what I mean.

We have two cuises coming up, b2b. I submitted two shareholder requests and the proof of share ownership. 
‘We got the automated reply and, in time, one of the credits, for one of the cruises appeared on our on-board cruise credit. Nothing on the second cruise.

Upon phoning Oceania I was told they have to be separate emails. The justification the agent gave me was, “what if a person had 10 cruises coming up and submitted 10 requests at once.” I did not argue that the efficiency of that seemed obvious. An email explanation would have been nice.

I submitted the second cruise request again, separately. Got the automated reply but to date there has been no communication nor dealing with the request.

This lack of communication and lack of action are things I have experienced before with this department.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Did your TA say this or was this directly from the company? If it was the TA reapply.

We use a TA who is excellent but, as this is a direct perk from Oceania, we fill out the form and submit directly to Oceania. I never considered using my TA to submit proof of Shareholder eligibility and then following up with her to expedite the application.

So to answer your question - this is me dealing with Oceania.

Do others deal through their TA for Shareholder benefit?

No - always submit myself....just sent in for our B2B2B this Fall...emailed 3 separate requests and all 3 were posted to our accounts within hours.  I received 3 separate emails noting they had received the request.  I did not, and never have, received any followup emails indicating the credit had been applied.  I just checked my bookings on my account page and the appropriate credit showed up under "My total credits"......not always noted as "NCL shareholder credit" but correct new amount was there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qballer said:

I emailed them and sent snail mail. Took about 3 weeks.

Snail mail? Really?

I emailed mine last night. I just checked and it's applied. Did not get any confirmation beyond the "we got your email". My cruise is in December.

11 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Snail mail? Really?

I emailed mine last night. I just checked and it's applied. Did not get any confirmation beyond the "we got your email". My cruise is in December.

Oceania's  customer service can be a problem at times. Cruise is coming soon, it took me 5 mins to print out mail and mail it. Cost me a dollar to confirm my 250.00. , go figure

40 minutes ago, qballer said:

Oceania's  customer service can be a problem at times. Cruise is coming soon, it took me 5 mins to print out mail and mail it. Cost me a dollar to confirm my 250.00. , go figure

Perhaps, but I would have waited a few days before mailing it You said you had it in three weeks but did you actually check sooner to see if the email had worked?

After resubmitting our request the second part of our cruise for Shareholder Credit, the money was in our account in 3 business days. It showed up as Complimentary Shipboard Credit.

Again my complaint is that had we not been persistent in checking our account and with the information we learned on CC, we would never have known that submitting two requests in one email was a reason for them to ignore our second cruise eligibility. 

I am buying shares today! Thank you Cruise Critic gurus.  Question - is it per person? If my husband and I buy shares separately, do we each obtain the credit?

Thanks 

Catherine

53 minutes ago, clcmdse said:

I am buying shares today! Thank you Cruise Critic gurus.  Question - is it per person? If my husband and I buy shares separately, do we each obtain the credit?

Thanks 

Catherine

no - it is per cabin so just one person needs 100 shares to qualify for OBC