Assigned spa cabin…will I get perks?

muffin

Alaska bound. Took chance and let them assign cabin. Given a IQ cabin on Deck 10 one deck above spa/ gym area.Info says the Q is designation of spa cabin. Will we be given any access to spa as theoretically nobody knows we didn’t pay  to receive this perk?  If so, what might it entail?  thx.

6 hours ago, muffin said:

Alaska bound. Took chance and let them assign cabin. Given a IQ cabin on Deck 10 one deck above spa/ gym area.Info says the Q is designation of spa cabin. 

To be brutally honest, I think HAL took some cabins that weren't selling that well, and called them Spa Cabins. I personally like high and forward cabins for being near the Crow's Nest and Explorations Cafe.

• Like 1

We were in one (10003) Feb Nieuw Amsterdam. LOVED the convenient location to Secret Deck, Explorations coffee and Spa for 2x/day use of Thermalpass.

We did NOT receive the special robe, iPad dock, table water feature thingy.

We DID receive wooden mat (it hurt & we had to move it out of the way - it's big), yoga mot, flavored fizzy water.

We also received a box fan as the a/c didn't work.

• Like 1

Secret deck sounds interesting.  Where is it, or is that the secret?!   We are pleased to be near crows nest.  Should be good  for  outside watching glaciers too. Close to home to warm up if necessary.   

21 minutes ago, muffin said:

Secret deck sounds interesting.  Where is it, or is that the secret?!   We are pleased to be near crows nest.  Should be good  for  outside watching glaciers too. Close to home to warm up if necessary.   

Accessed by stairs only, no elevator, not on deck plan, no sign.

Go outside on 11 like you're going to the Retreat then immediately walk up the stairs that will be directly in front of you. If you go into the Retreat area, you went too far.

There are loungers up there and a shower for cooling off. Fabulous forward views to enjoy when coming into port. The sunsets up there are amazing.

And yes, the spa cabin was great for quick access to Crow's Nest for Glacier Bay. If it's not too cold, the Secret Deck is perfect for that as it will be far less crowded than the bow; you may have it to yourself. Just know it can get windy since it's so high up.

Enjoy!!

20230810_000625.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you are on a Pinnacle class ship, at least one forward elevator goes to the secret deck. I forget which it is on Koningsdam, but on Rotterdam it's port.

does the Zaandam has this deck?

2 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you are on a Pinnacle class ship, at least one forward elevator goes to the secret deck. I forget which it is on Koningsdam, but on Rotterdam it's port.

We are cruising on the Rotterdam; and we will keep this secret, as well.  Many negative comments re: the size of the balconies with this category, but I am still going to take my relaxation time enjoying the Fjords.

7 hours ago, northernphoenix said:

We are cruising on the Rotterdam; and we will keep this secret, as well.  Many negative comments re: the size of the balconies with this category, but I am still going to take my relaxation time enjoying the Fjords.

Secret Deck would be a very relaxing place from which to enjoy the Fjords 

Its been many many years since I sailed on Noordam

Does she have this secret deck and I missed it?

Thinking of doing another cruise on her and instead of spending big on fancy cabin thinking to book a cheaper cabin and use the money on spa or other luxuries

Any update on Nordam what she is like these days much appreciated

23 minutes ago, Kazzygirl said:

Its been many many years since I sailed on Noordam

Does she have this secret deck and I missed it?

Hi Kazzy,

It appears that the Noordam has an upper deck that is not secret. It is called the Observation Deck (although it is on the Sports Deck 11 and NOT the Observation Deck 10). It is reached from a stairway just aft of the aft corner of the Crows Nest (formerly known as the Captain's Corner), Deck 10. Photos on CruiseDeckPlans.com show LINES of empty deck loungers! 

On 8/10/2023 at 12:08 AM, Haljo1935 said:

We did NOT receive the special robe, iPad dock, table water feature thingy.

Long ago, the iPod dock music player was replaced with a Bose music player that operates via Bluetooth. HAL does not list music player as a perk against Veranda Spa or Interior Spa rooms. But, when I had a Veranda spa on Eurodam in year 2017, the room did have a Bose music player (sounded great).

I have also seen a recent internet video that showed the Bose player in a Veranda Spa room (forget which ship).

Edited by Cruise4food
corrected Year number