Checking passport no

Bin man

I think this has been reported before .After finally booking a cruise Once again checked passport details and for the fifth time since we changed our passports the p and o site has transfered old passport no which had expired 5 years ago onto the cruise details. Is this very clever on p and o site to make you check or a very poor IT system 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I think this has been reported before .After finally booking a cruise Once again checked passport details and for the fifth time since we changed our passports the p and o site has transfered old passport no which had expired 5 years ago onto the cruise details. Is this very clever on p and o site to make you check or a very poor IT system 

The latter. It’s happened to us many times and one of our daughters noticed yesterday that it had done the same for our cruise next week. For some reason, it takes P&O many years to resolve IT issues - and that’s not me being sarcastic 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Just speculation but...

P&O probably have a master file for each customer containing passport details and other information needed for each booking. When a new booking is made this information is entered from the master file rather than having to be re-entered. If any of it needs to be updated it must be altered on both the individual booking and the master file unless the two are linked so that alterations on the former are carried over to the latter, which does not appear to be the case. If it is just altered on the current booking it will only be correct for that, and any future booking will enter information from the unaltered master file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

The latter. It’s happened to us many times and one of our daughters noticed yesterday that it had done the same for our cruise next week. For some reason, it takes P&O many years to resolve IT issues - and that’s not me being sarcastic 😂 

You mean it takes many years for P&Os IT dept, NOT to be able resolve many issues.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

It happens to my Dad every single time! Occasionally, even when he has updated the cruise personaliser he has found that when he has logged back in that it had reverted back to the old one again. 

One of many wonderful P&O glitches that we have all got used to and accept probably won't get fixed (for many years anyway!)

We have just checked-in for our future Arvia cruise. The Before You Sail section was completed weeks ago. On checking in passport details were all correct except for passport number which was our old passport number from 7yrs ago. Changed that and then would not accept my place of birth which was already filled in correctly but once I changed passport number it went red and wouldn't accept it. Finally sorted that and then wouldn't let me print luggage labels. Phoned TA in despair and she accessed them and sent them by e-mail and printed them off. What a farce and sorry but P&Os IT system and staff are a joke.

Edited by majortom10