APEX Fall 2024 TA plus Others Cancelled

Islander500

16 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Good answer! I also noted that the "routine inspection" requires a dry dock which I personally wouldn't call routine. The original inspection was scheduled for 2024 so my math (I'd doing this in my head) tells me routine inspections must be done every 4 years. They are rescheduling the routine inspection to 2025 (my math skills still churning in my head tell me this is 5 years).

So, I conclude:

1. 3-year reference is not germane since nothing is scheduled now

2. 4-year "routine maintenance" must be the normal periodicity for this maintenance

3. 5-year "routine maintenance tells me that if they can skip a year, then the 4-year scheduled maintenance was inappropriate in the first place, and they need to fire the person that scheduled it. (Or fire the person who re-scheduled it in the event it should have been 4-year)

No, required for classification is every five years for ships under 20 years age and two times in five years for ships older than 20 years. Of course it can be done earlier and more often but not later. 

The Constellation had some longer cruises that were cancelled too. I was scheduled on the January 11th 12 day cruise with a lot of OBC, all gone now!

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

At Celebrity Cruises, we are passionate about providing award-winning vacation experiences.  As we position our brand for continued success, we constantly seek opportunities to elevate our already incredible offerings. With this goal in mind, Celebrity Cruises is pleased to announce we will be redeploying Celebrity Constellation in January 2025, revising her current 9- and 12- night itineraries to predominantly 7-night itineraries out of Tampa.  As a result, current Celebrity Constellation sailings scheduled to depart January 11, 2025 through April 3, 2025 (excluding March 1, 2025) will be cancelled.

For any payments made toward your sailing, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment. No action is required on your part to receive this refund, which you should see reflected within 30 days after cancellation (cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately). Please note, any reservation paid with Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund; however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with hotel reservations booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically (you will not need to call in to initiate the process).  Guests with independent excursions should contact their tour operators directly to make all required modifications.

As we never wish to complicate your vacation planning, we sincerely appreciate your understanding. In the hopes that you’ll find another bucket-list vacation with Celebrity Cruises, we are happy to offer you $200 onboard credit per stateroom, $400 onboard credit for Retreat accommodations, toward a future booking.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

©2023 Celebrity Cruises. Ships' Registry: Malta

Celebrity Cruises
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
1-800-280-3423

In effect, all the longer cruises are toast (burned toast...lol), replaced by 7 nights around the Caribbean.  Transatlantic is still an option for longer cruises but if they could find a way to hydro-speed across in 7 days they would!  🚀

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

In effect, all the longer cruises are toast (burned toast...lol), replaced by 7 nights around the Caribbean.  Transatlantic is still an option for longer cruises but if they could find a way to hydro-speed across in 7 days they would!  🚀

They made them under 14 days so they pay less in SHC 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

No, required for classification is every five years for ships under 20 years age and two times in five years for ships older than 20 years. Of course it can be done earlier and more often but not later. 

OK. Thanks.

So it was still dumb and wasted money scheduling it for 4 years (if not needed for some other reason not stated)..

6 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

One of the things I like about Celebrity is the longer cruises. I hope they don't do this across the fleet.

42 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

OK. Thanks.

So it was still dumb and wasted money scheduling it for 4 years (if not needed for some other reason not stated)..

I would not call it dumb or wasted money. This is scheduled when it fits best in the schedule of the ship and the yard and sometimes earlier because needed or just to keep a ship in even better shape.

22 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I would not call it dumb or wasted money. This is scheduled when it fits best in the schedule of the ship and the yard and sometimes earlier because needed or just to keep a ship in even better shape.

I'm a Reliability Engineer so I hate to waste money on un-needed maintenance. (Ship's schedule I can understand but keeping the ship in better shape? - better than what? Shouldn't it be in good shape if it's within its periodicity window?) 

On 8/15/2023 at 6:36 PM, Islander500 said:

Report from a passenger on the Apex TA roll call.  So, yeah.  The dodo.  

“On the phone with Celebrity to rebook.  I have $425 OBC  from a previous cancellation.  They are telling me that I will lose that and only get $200 OBC. To replace it.  Is that correct?”

I had Beyond scheduled for TA and it was cancelled then I was booked for Apex for TA now it’s cancelled.  I was in Magic Carpet sky suites for both. Two cruises in less than two months cancelled.  Ascent TA has only four sky suites available and all have obstructions and cruise is $5000 more for the two of us and they will not honor my $1250 OBC I had. Limited options are Constellation and Silouhette and they are a bit more money with less amenities aboard and lImited Retreat suites. This is frustrating!

Celebrity is increasing their Florida Carribean cruise footprints by repositioning more ships to Florida home ports.  So, maybe to keep in line with RC they should change their name to "Celebrity Carribean Cruise Lines". Recent RCG profit reports show the Caribbean cruises as being the most profitable.

Edited by terrydtx

27 minutes ago, Mimi1621 said:

I had Beyond scheduled for TA and it was cancelled then I was booked for Apex for TA now it’s cancelled.  I was in Magic Carpet sky suites for both. Two cruises in less than two months cancelled.  Ascent TA has only four sky suites available and all have obstructions and cruise is $5000 more for the two of us and they will not honor my $1250 OBC I had. Limited options are Constellation and Silouhette and they are a bit more money with less amenities aboard and lImited Retreat suites. This is frustrating!

We were on Beyond and then Apex too. Sky Suite. We had $1,400 OBC. I thought they were wrong by not price protecting Beyond price, but the decision on Apex is even worse since it’s basically a complete cancellation and restart. They at least could have moved us to new Apex TA, but they want to reset the pricing and force them all up.

I just can’t bring myself to book another one right now with X. I am seriously looking at Oceania Vista TA on 11/20/24. At first glance, a Concierge Level Verandah is less than the Sky Suite and a Penthouse Suite is just a bit more. Oh, it’s also 15 days which is three days longer than Apex was. My only hesitation is it’s over Thanksgiving —- but so is the Silohouette option. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

I’m so sorry for all of you who have been double & even triple cancelled in a few months. The pattern of business decisions affecting thousands are worse than even I expected. The current regime led by the new CEO is obviously looking only at short term revenue with no care for customers or goodwill. Shame on them.   

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Celebrity is increasing their Florida Carribean cruise footprints by repositioning more ships to Florida home ports.  So, maybe to keep in line with RC they should change their name to "Celebrity Carribean Cruise Lines". Recent RCG profit reports show the Caribbean cruises as being the most profitable.

X will go where the money goes. A 7 day Florida based cruise is an easier decision for people who have never cruised than a TA or South America. Fly to MIA or FLL, cruise, fly home. Takes some planning but "going to Florida" is easy to understand for non-cruise people