Eurodam on Club Orange?

rodndonna

Thinking about booking a cruise booking on the Eurodam and wondering about the potential benefit of purchasing Club Orange. for that cruise (assuming available)

Is there a separate dining room for CO on Eurodam? We've sailed on the Eurodam and seem think there was ... but it was our first post Covid cruise and our first HAL cruise so too many new things going on to trust ur recollection.

We are looking at an inside (to save $) and minimally only really care about having someplace to sit comfortably like a couch or loveseat. I think we can get this with a "large" inside. If we book an inside GTY and then purchase CO, any idea where that would get us for cabin? Large Inside, Inside better locale (but then maybe still no loveseat) or Oceanview (which would get us a loveseat and a window!).

There is not a separate dinning room for CO on Eurodam.

If you book the lowest category inside with a guaranty and purchase CO, you then can select any available inside cabin you would like. It is not assigned to you, you get to choose it. For us that is what makes CO worthwhile!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

But to OPs question - for an inside cabin, what's the best cabin CO would get you?

I'm weighing that myself right now for my first ever inside cabin.

The large insides (J and K's on the Main Deck) are phenomenal. Be careful, though, what they are under -- noise particularly bass notes from the bands, travels through the ceiling like it was in your room. 

https://halfacts.com/1048-eurodam/

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/1116-eurodam/

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The large insides (J and K's on the Main Deck) are phenomenal. Be careful, though, what they are under -- noise particularly bass notes from the bands, travels through the ceiling like it was in your room. 

https://halfacts.com/1048-eurodam/

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/1116-eurodam/

I am less concerned with noises from the ceiling than being beside a room with noisy kids (bad Alaska experience).  Other than that, those rooms do look fantastic for an inside and likely what we would book without OC, but the cost to book them over an inside GTY with OC wouldn't be worthwhile. I was hoping "maybe" OC got an inside into an Oceanview  😉

I guess you need to really be in a Verandah to make OC worthwhile from a room upgrade point of view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutchie20 said:

Other than possible upgrades, are the other benefits worthwhile for the cost? Our cruise is all but sold out so an upgrade is unlikely......

Thank you!

Personally for us, on the Eurodam, I would say no.

We would like (we think) the separate dining room for CO, but it is only on Pinnacle class I believe. There are some dining perks in terms of broader menu and better access to the dining room for anytime dining, but that is not of much interest to us.  I think the other thing people like is priority to tenders, so if you have a lot of tender ports, maybe?

15 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

But to OPs question - for an inside cabin, what's the best cabin CO would get you?

CO will get you what you think is the best cabin. That might not be the highest grade, depending on where you want to be on the ship. But you don't have to select the highest grade. 

Check the deck plans and have them open when you call. 

15 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

10043 or 10044 are spa insides but have a window. They look out on a walkway, rather than the ocean but you get natural light.  I'd call that the best. Plus, these are in a location I like.

Edited by Sea Hag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

CO will get you what you think is the best cabin. That might not be the highest grade, depending on where you want to be on the ship. But you don't have to select the highest grade. 

Check the deck plans and have them open when you call. 

Yes, thanks, I've done CO, just wasn't sure if there's really any value in it (from a cabin perspective) for Interiors. Solo traveler.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

10043 or 10044 are spa insides but have a window. They look out on a walkway, rather than the ocean but you get natural light.  I'd call that the best. Plus, these are in a location I like.

Yes I am familiar w/those and agree about the location and natural light.

I'm on K'Dam - doesn't look like they have the window unless my deckplan is outdated 

I know this thread is re Eurodam,  I just threw my question in the mix. Thanks for allowing me to go a tad off topic.

Sorry to stay off topic, but @Haljo1935 is always providing such helpful and positive contributions to HaL threads I had to jumó in to say: 

I stayed in an inside on Rottterdam, and was quite surprised upon checkin to find it had a window! It was on 11, my fav floor near the crews nest. It just looked out on the roof of the pool area and the jogging track so I often left it covered by curtains as folks were walking by.  But it was nice for some natural light. 

a quick search here shows a thread that mentions they have the same situation on Kdam: (also highlighted on deck plan below) one downside was some chair/furniture noise from retreat above, but it was minimal  

4B7A8EB5-DCF8-4263-B55F-840F102D1CFF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dobby36 said:

Sorry to stay off topic, but @Haljo1935 is always providing such helpful and positive contributions to HaL threads I had to jumó in to say: 

I stayed in an inside on Rottterdam, and was quite surprised upon checkin to find it had a window! It was on 11, my fav floor near the crews nest. It just looked out on the roof of the pool area and the jogging track so I often left it covered by curtains as folks were walking by.  But it was nice for some natural light. 

a quick search here shows a thread that mentions they have the same situation on Kdam: (also highlighted on deck plan below) one downside was some chair/furniture noise from retreat above, but it was minimal  

4B7A8EB5-DCF8-4263-B55F-840F102D1CFF.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't do CO because I really didn't think there was value for an interior. However, if those cabins do have windows, that's a game changer! They sure aren't on the deckplan, so I appreciate the message and the link to the thread re Halfacts.

My sister had one of those on N Statendam and the natural light, peek a boo view and access to the deck was very nice. I have work to do now. Thanks again! 🤗

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm on K'Dam - doesn't look like they have the window unless my deckplan is outdated 

I know this thread is re Eurodam,  I just threw my question in the mix.

On the K'dam the "insides with a window" are 11057 and 11058. Here is the equivalent on the N.Statendam:

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/11058-nieuw-statendam/

• Thanks 1