Club Class Mini Suite

chubbypiggy

I am thinking of doing a bid upgrade for the Club class mini suite on Diamond Princess.  From the descriptions, it says "1/2 bottle of red wine and 1/2 bottle of white wine" will be included.  I apologize if this is a dumb question. just curious, for those of you who booked "club class mini suite" in the past, 1/2 bottle of white and 1/2 bottle of red wine were already in your cabin on embarkation day?  Since it is only 1/2 bottle, the bottle must be already opened and 1/2 bottle of the wine already taken away?   Thank you.

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

The bottles themselves are half size and filled and sealed.  They don’t give you a half opened bottle.

Thank you!  That is nice.  I didn't think they will give half opened bottle; but then I wondered why the description can't just state "a bottle" of each, and list the volume of just 50% of "regular" size?  

Would you happen to know what kind of white/red wine do they give? 

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you get the upgrade, and your traveling companions are not in Club Class cabin, they will not be able to dine with you in the Reserve Dining Room.

Sorry, I must have missed that part of the OP’s question.

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sorry, I must have missed that part of the OP’s question.

That wasn’t in OP’s question. You didn’t miss it.  From my recall, I think they are traveling as a group.

• Like 1

On the Ruby Princess last April, we had a whole bottle of red wine when we arrived in our cabin instead of 1/2 bottle each of white and red.  I can't remember the brand, but the wine was better than I expected.  I guess it depends on what wine the ship has available.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

The bottles themselves are half size and filled and sealed.  They don’t give you a half opened bottle.

Do they actually still do that or deliver one full bottle?  I don't see any half-bottles left on the Princess wine menu - at least of normal wine and not dessert style.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Do they actually still do that or deliver one full bottle?  I don't see any half-bottles left on the Princess wine menu - at least of normal wine and not dessert style.

I believe that these bottles are used only for complimentary stateroom perks and not available anywhere else on the ship.  Years ago on Royal Princess we were upgraded to Club Class and we received the small bottles.

24 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I forget the brand, probably because it is such a forgettable wine.  Trust me, it’s not the good stuff and just barely okay stuff.  If you have a drink package, you will do much better with that.

It is the bottom level of wine available 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That wasn’t in OP’s question. You didn’t miss it.  From my recall, I think they are traveling as a group.

Good memory.  ☺️  Yes, there will be 9 of us in 4 cabins on Diamond Princess (sailing soon). All four cabins we did a bid upgrade from mid-ship balcony to mini-suites.  Bids for 3 cabins were accepted and 1 cabin declined (my friend recently lose her credit card she used for the bid, and got a new replacement card.  She totally forgot to change the credit card info on her bid until she received an email from Princess notifying her card was declined).  And she is the one who really wants the mini suite because she has 3 persons for her cabin.  She replied to Princess "decline" email with her new credit card info., but now it says "mini suite" unavailable.  I think on the day that all of us got notifications that our bids were accepted, Princess already given out all the mini suites.

She just checked, and noticed her booking can still submit for "club class mini suite".  She is thinking of bidding for that.  Mainly she wants a mini suite for the 3 of them, and also wants to be on the same deck with all of us.  Most likely she will not take advantage of the dining in the reserved room, because she wants to eat with all of us.  She asked me the questions on the wine and the canapes, so I posted the questions for her.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chubbypiggy said:

Good memory.  ☺️  Yes, there will be 9 of us in 4 cabins on Diamond Princess (sailing soon). All four cabins we did a bid upgrade from mid-ship balcony to mini-suites.  Bids for 3 cabins were accepted and 1 cabin declined (my friend recently lose her credit card she used for the bid, and got a new replacement card.  She totally forgot to change the credit card info on her bid until she received an email from Princess notifying her card was declined).  And she is the one who really wants the mini suite because she has 3 persons for her cabin.  She replied to Princess "decline" email with her new credit card info., but now it says "mini suite" unavailable.  I think on the day that all of us got notifications that our bids were accepted, Princess already given out all the mini suites.

She just checked, and noticed her booking can still submit for "club class mini suite".  She is thinking of bidding for that.  Mainly she wants a mini suite for the 3 of them, and also wants to be on the same deck with all of us.  Most likely she will not take advantage of the dining in the reserved room, because she wants to eat with all of us.  She asked me the questions on the wine and the canapes, so I posted the questions for her.  

Not much point to have a reserve class mini if you are not going to use the dining. That is what you are paying for

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here is my friend's question on the Canapes.  

The descriptions of the Club Class Mini Suite says

Evening Canapés, Nibble on masterfully-crafted canapés delivered directly to your stateroom.

Upon request".

Is that consider room service and need to pay $5 each time I request evening canapes?    Thank you.

Just now, memoak said:

Not much point to have a reserve class mini if you are not going to use the dining. That is what you are paying for

She is thinking of doing the minimum bid, $400pp for the first 2 persons.  9 days cruise.  Her original bid from balcony to mini suite was $300pp (same as all of us).  So total, she will be paying $200 more than her original bid that was declined because of her credit card.  She said she doesn't mind to pay additional $200 (total $800) for a mini suite and to be on the same deck with us.

13 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

She is thinking of doing the minimum bid, $400pp for the first 2 persons.  9 days cruise.  Her original bid from balcony to mini suite was $300pp (same as all of us).  So total, she will be paying $200 more than her original bid that was declined because of her credit card.  She said she doesn't mind to pay additional $200 (total $800) for a mini suite and to be on the same deck with us.

There are no regular mini suites to be had ?

36 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

On the Ruby Princess last April, we had a whole bottle of red wine when we arrived in our cabin instead of 1/2 bottle each of white and red.  I can't remember the brand, but the wine was better than I expected.  I guess it depends on what wine the ship has available.

Yes, we received one small bottle of each.  Clearly, it depends on which ship and what they have available.

34 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Here is my friend's question on the Canapes.  

The descriptions of the Club Class Mini Suite says

Evening Canapés, Nibble on masterfully-crafted canapés delivered directly to your stateroom.

Upon request".

Is that consider room service and need to pay $5 each time I request evening canapes?    Thank you.

That's the million dollar question circulating around Princess' new enhanced policies.  No one seems to know.  Believe me, the canapés are not worth the $5 for delivery.  Not even wroth the "tip" for the knock on the door. (aka Sheldon Cooper) 

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That's the million dollar question circulating around Princess' new enhanced policies.  No one seems to know.  Believe me, the canapés are not worth the $5 for delivery.  Not even wroth the "tip" for the knock on the door. (aka Sheldon Cooper) 

I agree.  Many years ago we tried it and didn't like it. We are Elites and those canapés are free on formal nights.  Supposedly it should be delivered only if I requested.  I never requested it, but they still delivered it every time.  My friend asked that question, so I posted it for her.

8 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I am thinking of doing a bid upgrade for the Club class mini suite on Diamond Princess.  From the descriptions, it says "1/2 bottle of red wine and 1/2 bottle of white wine" will be included.  I apologize if this is a dumb question. just curious, for those of you who booked "club class mini suite" in the past, 1/2 bottle of white and 1/2 bottle of red wine were already in your cabin on embarkation day?  Since it is only 1/2 bottle, the bottle must be already opened and 1/2 bottle of the wine already taken away?   Thank you.

Oh yeah...the people in your cabin before you arrived drank the first half.   Just be careful of the back wash!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

It is probably Canyon Road which would be considered a house wine in a restaurant.  I'm elite and on a cruise last year they substituted a bottle of wine for the liquor mini bottles because they were out of those and it was a red wine.

They always seem to be out of the mini bottles of vodka so they usually give us a 375ml bottle to replace them.

When we were on the Diamond last month on our B2B, we received a full bottle of red wine in the cabin at the start of each leg. As far as the canapés go, my DW filled out the form every evening, to include which of the 4 options we wanted, which were 2 tuna and 2 shrimp, and the time the next afternoon they were to delivered between 4-6 pm. Of course, that was last month, but I find it hard to believe there would now be a $5 delivery charge since it is a perk that comes with booking a Reserve Collection mini suite.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/staterooms/reserve-collection/

• Like 2