Disembarkation questions

Hello!

We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas later this year with a return date of 12/24 at 7:00 a.m. I see that Port Everglades is very close to FLL. Southwest has a direct flight back to Houston at 10:55 a.m. Is Royal’s disembarkation procedures expedient enough to make this flight? Is there anything I should do to save time to ensure we can make the flight?

Thank you!

Just now, fromaustin said:

Hello!

We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas later this year with a return date of 12/24 at 7:00 a.m. I see that Port Everglades is very close to FLL. Southwest has a direct flight back to Houston at 10:55 a.m. Is Royal’s disembarkation procedures expedient enough to make this flight? Is there anything I should do to save time to ensure we can make the flight?

Thank you!

If you do self assist disembarkation, you will make that with plenty time to spare. 

Basically you don't put your bags out the night before disembarkation and when you line up to get off the ship take everything with you and walk off.  Hopefully you have passports and are US citizens.  That makes things very easy and quick.  Walk right. through customs, use the facial recognition in customs, then walk  outside and grab an uber.  You will. be at at FLL quickly.

My only question would be the date of 12/24 and the crowds flying out on that day being heavier than a normal day.  But the other posters are correct an 11AM flight is very doable under normal situations.

1 hour ago, fromaustin said:

Hello!

Thank you!

No problem at all with a 10:55. The ship will be all decorated. Have a wonderful cruise!

I'll be debarking at Cape Liberty in September and have a 9:22 am train to catch at Newark Penn Station (approx. 30 minutes from the port).  This will be the first time in years[1] that I've needed to catch scheduled transportation, so hopefully I don't encounter any issues.

11 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Basically you don't put your bags out the night before disembarkation and when you line up to get off the ship take everything with you and walk off.  Hopefully you have passports and are US citizens.  That makes things very easy and quick.  Walk right. through customs, use the facial recognition in customs, then walk  outside and grab an uber.  You will. be at at FLL quickly.

My only question would be the date of 12/24 and the crowds flying out on that day being heavier than a normal day.  But the other posters are correct an 11AM flight is very doable under normal situations.

Agree done FLL getting off Ship on Dec 22 and 23 and when I arrived at Airport from Ship 10-1030 the lines were at and out the Door. I'm always one last off, no rush Flight isnt til 1-230, probably less crowded couple hrs earlier. Fly First Class and Checked Bags curbside so no issues for me, no line to wait in. At least once a yr at Port Everglades self assist didnt even start getting off Ship until 740-745, though this always on a Non-Oasis Class Ship. 

17 hours ago, fromaustin said:

Hello!

Thank you!

yes.  3 miles away.  Take a cab, it's faster than uber.

Make sure you have wifi to keep track of flight as well since it is Christmas Eve.

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I'll be debarking at Cape Liberty in September and have a 9:22 am train to catch at Newark Penn Station (approx. 30 minutes from the port).  This will be the first time in years[1] that I've needed to catch scheduled transportation, so hopefully I don't encounter any issues.

This is our Lyft ride from Cape Liberty to Newark Penn Station back in February.  We sauntered off the ship after breakfast, so if you get off as soon as possible, it's probably doable.

There was some stopped traffic as we approached the station.

IMG_7677[1].PNG

Edited by Cooper30
  • Thanks 1