PAT/Boarding group

MonikaJ42

Hi all, we just got assigned our arrival time and boarding group.  11am, boarding group D. We added CO to our booking. First time cruising with HAL, did we get assigned a good time? Cursing out of Vancouver to Alaska.  Looks like the ship is sold out.  

Welcome aborad HAL.

Seems to be a lot of first timers posting lately. Could it be there are a lot of unhappy campers switching lines? I get that impression from browsing Princess and Celebrity forums or is it just me?

Readers. Please don't see my post a reason to start us & them gripes. It was just me musing.

Edited by lyndarra

14 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

It's not a boarding time, it's a check in time. You got the best one.

Cursing out of Vancouver? Why?

LOL no not cursing!  Post corrected.   I understand the 11am is the port arrival time, I was more curious about the boarding group D 🙂 

1 hour ago, MonikaJ42 said:

LOL no not cursing!  Post corrected.   I understand the 11am is the port arrival time, I was more curious about the boarding group D 🙂 

As you have Club Orange, you will board in the Priority group. Not with Group D. Many discussions on people's experiences here.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:39 AM, CruiserBruce said:

As you have Club Orange, you will board in the Priority group. Not with Group D. Many discussions on people's experiences here.

HAL just changed our time from 11am to 11:20am and boarding group D to E now…Is that normal for them to change it? Will it get changed again? We cruise Sept 2.  

11 minutes ago, MonikaJ42 said:

HAL just changed our time from 11am to 11:20am and boarding group D to E now…Is that normal for them to change it? Will it get changed again? We cruise Sept 2.  

People have reported the time has changed for them more than once in the couple of weeks/days before sailing.  As the others have said, since you have Club Orange you will have priority boarding no matter what.  Have a great cruise!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, oakridger said:

People have reported the time has changed for them more than once in the couple of weeks/days before sailing.  As the others have said, since you have Club Orange you will have priority boarding no matter what.  Have a great cruise!

~Nancy

Thank you! Appreciate the response! 

• Like 1

They did the same thing to us. One cabin moved from 12n to 12:20, and group D to group E. Our other cabin’s check in time was not changed at all. We are Club Orange for both cabins too. So much for expedited boarding. Now we’ll miss lunch in MDR too. ☹️

3 hours ago, ladyj1138 said:

They did the same thing to us. One cabin moved from 12n to 12:20, and group D to group E. Our other cabin’s check in time was not changed at all. We are Club Orange for both cabins too. So much for expedited boarding. Now we’ll miss lunch in MDR too. ☹️

As previously mentioned, you will be in the priority group. You don't need to follow the described time.

• Like 2