New MSC Miami Cruise Terminal

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The YC porter told us he figured summer of 2024.

Darn! I was really hoping that it would be ready for my February sailing or, at the very least, my potential May sailing. But, I shouldn't be surprised. Every single new terminal I have heard/read about being built in Miami over the past 5 years that I have been cruising has been late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Darn! I was really hoping that it would be ready for my February sailing...

Same here, but although I agree it is unlikely, they are making great progress.

I found this video from about a month ago...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looking at the miami port cam, garage seems done, first level (maybe second) of the terminal looks poured.

It took me a few attempts to determine it's called AA/AAA, and from there I found Royal's (which is at A) and in live cams just look for royal's odd shaped building (opposite side of where Virgin parks)

Details from one of the "breaking ground" news reports said target of end of 2023, when I booked an April 24 cruise they said it would be done (fingers crossed)

The news entry 
Aside from the terminal building itself, the new complex – which is currently projected to be completed by the end of 2023 – will include a multi-level parking garage for 2,400 vehicles, new road construction to ensure traffic flows smoothly, and a total of three berths capable of accommodating the largest of cruise ships. The company will build two of those new docks; Miami-Dade County will construct the third. The project also involves the construction of related shore infrastructure, including water supply stations and four passenger embarkation decks.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

Did folks note the digital kiosks in the checkin area?  Can we say that MSC plans on upping their IT support for online booking management?  That clearly remains to be seen if it can happen in just one year. I do like the YC Lounge.  Unfortunately, the renderings don’t include the god awful dockside equipment and transportation mess on the pier necessary for a cruise terminal. The final terminal and pier area will not be as striking as the renderings. 

On 8/24/2023 at 1:05 PM, GA Dave said:

That is going to be one long walk from the garage to the far end (ocean end) of the terminal if there are three ships in there at once. Hope they put in moving walkways like the airports!!

If they do, let's hope they actually move unlike the ones at EWR which haven't moved in years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just found a recent update video...

Looks like they are making good progress on building out the long walkway to the most distant mooring, but they are building back from the end, so it doesn't look like much has changed when you first see it...

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 8:56 PM, Avatar345 said:

Just curious, but does anyone know the status of the new terminal they're building at Port Miami, and when it might be in operation? Supposedly they were targeting this year, and since this year is coming to a close...

Definitely not this year, we sailed Symphony of the Seas in December which was docked immediately next to the new terminal construction. Definitely a 2024 or maybe even 2025 opening if they have any supply chain issues. A ton of work still to be done. Should be stunning when it's done. 

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Easy to hit a target if you keep moving it 🙂

Here on stateside, our politicians are now adept at moving the target so far out that they can claim they beat the target by months!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, GA Dave said:

That is going to be one long walk from the garage to the far end (ocean end) of the terminal if there are three ships in there at once. Hope they put in moving walkways like the airports!!

What I did see is the parking deck is on the same side as the terminal, so no playing Frogger crossing the street with your luggage like the current parking deck!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mvh said:

Who cares? It a terminal that you're in for 20 minutes?

Who doesn't enjoy visiting a spectacular new building?

It may only be for a few mins (especially as DaKahuna is in YC) but it would still be great to see the finished structure.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2023 at 9:20 AM, mvh said:

Who cares? It a terminal that you're in for 20 minutes?

As @Mark_T says, nice new buildings, especially ones with a spectacular design are always interesting and fun to visit.  If interesting enough, I might linger in the building jus to look around. 

• Like 1