Bringing own wine on board?

Baz-t

It's all there on the Cunard web site . That's the beauty of Cunard they treat their customers like sensible adults . 

One can take onboard a sensible amount of 'Wine plus Spirits' ( in fact more than the stated amount ) 

just don't abuse it going over the top !  otherwise we will loose it . 😉

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Poole Boy said:

Yes, at the start, and during the cruise.

You are correct, unlike HAL who took away a 500 ml ( part bottle ) of water away from me on embarking the Maiden voyage of the Konningsdam 😡   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

It's all there on the Cunard web site

It used to be (well, the language that said "we really don't mean to enforce it but we have it in case there's a problem and we need to enforce something" used to be in the FAQs) but I don't think it's there any more.

I saved the (US, not that it matters in a practical sense) booking terms from a cruise I had booked last year and in that document is this statement:

"Guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for
consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking
age (no larger than 750 mL) per Voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage."

You and I know this stipulation is horse hockey, but there it is in the contract. That's why people ask about it time and time again and assurances from passengers with a couple of dozen voyages under their belt don't gain much traction.

• Like 1

I love that CC has people who can tell us the reality of taking wine on board with Cunard. I am about to board an RCI ship and from what I’ve read their 1 bottle of wine rule is strictly enforced. I’m glad people ask and people are here to answer. I also hope that if the reality were to change we would send up flares to everyone because I, for one, would need it. @BigMac1953 So glad you got your 6 bottles of bubbly on board! This was our home this afternoon..Shramsberg.

71477901901__BE11ABE4-1DD8-43C4-B368-DA147C69CF4F.jpeg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

So do you pack your wine bottle (wrapped safely) in your checked-in luggage or do you carry it on yourself in hand luggage? Just want to do the right and sensible thing, not trying to "sneak" anything onboard.

The only problem with putting it in checked luggage is that it may not be to hand to assist you through unpacking, if the suitcases don’t all arrive together. I admit, though, at Southampton at least, the luggage does usually come very promptly.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

I had actually thought of that, @exlondoner 😁 so I am planning on doctoring the much-maligned Pol Acker with some peach puree and perhaps some peach schnapps to assist with unpacking. 

A  PA Bellini, good idea but in truth, although we often leave ours as we have enough already in the cabin, P.A isn't all that bad if really well chilled.

I really hope you have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 2

Thanks so much, @Victoria2, and to all on the Cunard board, you've all been so very helpful. I have had every query addressed and had lots of laughs. Just over a week now until our QM2 voyage, first of more I hope.

Edited to add: I am by no means a fine wine connoisseur, so I expect I would enjoy P.A. A Bellini sounds just the ticket for unpacking, though.

Edited by maggielou362
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

I had actually thought of that, @exlondoner 😁 so I am planning on doctoring the much-maligned Pol Acker with some peach puree and perhaps some peach schnapps to assist with unpacking. 

Yes, in fact it struck me as I was typing that you would be able to turn to the PA. In truth, the luggage does often arrive impressively promptly.

6 hours ago, maggielou362 said:

Good plan,  we've tried various ways to help the PA down and peach juice for a Bellini is a favourite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Post script to original one of the rose ‘s needed a corkscrew and had trouble borrowing one onboard ☹️

I thought there was a corkscrew in the cabin. Perhaps they disappeared during Covid, like the atlases.

Hi,

reading this and it’s raising my spirits?!  Newbie cruiser and all info says 2 bottle wine allowance. Going for 2 week med cruise on QV and was  hoping to board with 1 bottle gin & bottle champers. How strict are they? Also no booze allowed back on board during cruise?