Aqua Sky Suite vs Sky Suite

chrisn-au

Hello,

I am trying to calibrate a move up bid. Is it reasonable to assume the significant benefit of the Aqua Sky Suite over a standard one is access to the Spa Thermal areas ? If this is the case can easily price cruise thermal access and work out a fair bid (in at least my view )

thx 

Yep 

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We prefer Lumanie and reall

As do we - and agree not with a big bid however spa access particularly the warm chairs is a nice addition . Realised the minimum move up bid was effectively the same price as thermal suite access for the week so very difficult to justify 

34 minutes ago, chrisn-au said:

Yep 

As do we - and agree not with a big bid however spa access particularly the warm chairs is a nice addition . Realised the minimum move up bid was effectively the same price as thermal suite access for the week so very difficult to justify 

Nice for me for about 10 minutes on a sea day- However since the cruise ships are now so full, probably not easy to get a warm chair-

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisn-au said:

Hello,

I am trying to calibrate a move up bid. Is it reasonable to assume the significant benefit of the Aqua Sky Suite over a standard one is access to the Spa Thermal areas ? If this is the case can easily price cruise thermal access and work out a fair bid (in at least my view )

thx 

When coming up with the Aqua Sky Suite class idea Celebrity chose what were generally perceived as the Sky suites in more desirable locations so you're more likely to get a room in a prime location. 

For our upcoming Summit cruise we put in a bid on both Sky Suite and Aqua Sky Suite (same bid $ for each) and lucked out and won the Aqua Sky Suite bid. (The cruise is in October so can't share personal experience of the room yet). The Aqua Sky Suite we got had the same room as a normal Sky Suite but was one of those suites with a balcony at an angle so it is large enough on one side to have a small couch instead of chair.

I don't think that would be much of a factor for me but just mentioning for whatever it's worth to you.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

When coming up with the Aqua Sky Suite class idea Celebrity chose what were generally perceived as the Sky suites in more desirable locations so you're more likely to get a room in a prime location. 

For our upcoming Summit cruise we put in a bid on both Sky Suite and Aqua Sky Suite (same bid $ for each) and lucked out and won the Aqua Sky Suite bid. (The cruise is in October so can't share personal experience of the room yet). The Aqua Sky Suite we got had the same room as a normal Sky Suite but was one of those suites with a balcony at an angle so it is large enough on one side to have a small couch instead of chair.

I don't think that would be much of a factor for me but just mentioning for whatever it's worth to you.

Location?  So no noise from above?  Because normal Aqua cabins, which I've stayed in only twice, tend to have more noise being right below the pool deck in some cases.  I'm convinced Celebrity did that deliberately to make more money selling the least desirable locations at a higher price.

There are always the cabin spreadsheets to help someone find the quiet cabins..

When it comes to M Class ships. I dont have any issues with any of the sky suites on deck 6. The biggest advantage of Aqua Sky Suite is the perks for spa use. 6131 and 6132 do have larger balconies. I have stayed in 6132 and 6122. Never stayed on port side.

If we are talking S Class ships it is the location of the Aqua Sky Suite that I like. You are under the carpeted area of the OVC. Great location to access OVC or the pool. I stayed in many of the Aqua Sky Suite on the S Class ships. I have not stayed in any of these suites since they are now Aqua Sky Suite. 

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

7 hours ago, chrisn-au said:

Hello,

thx 

The Aqua Sky Suite is a suite and has all the normal benefits of a suite, e.g. Luminae, Retreat Lounge, Retreat Sun Deck, etc.. but also includes all of the benefits of an Aqua class room, e.g. access to the Persian Gardens, in room exercise mats, etc.. 

Luminae is still your assigned dining room but you can also request dining in Blu on a space available basis, same as any other suite guest. 

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Location?  So no noise from above?  Because normal Aqua cabins, which I've stayed in only twice, tend to have more noise being right below the pool deck in some cases.  I'm convinced Celebrity did that deliberately to make more money selling the least desirable locations at a higher price.

They renamed  some Sky Suites to Aqua Sky Suites not Aqua class cabins. 

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not a fan of the "perks" offered in AQ.  We prefer Lumanie and really do not use the spa amenities.  IMO not worth more money.  

Luminae is the dining room for Aqua Sky Suites although they can also dine in Blu.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Our Aqua Sky Suite will be on deck 6, so under another deck of cabins. As long as the people above us don't tromp around like buffalos we should be ok.

Wait. We're in Aqua Sky Suite 6129 on the Constellation in October. First time in 21 Celebrity cruises we'll be in the Aqua class. I thought the deal was we could eat in Blu and if we wanted to, also eat in Luminae? We planned to eat in Blu the entire time. We're supposed to eat in Luminae? We love Luminae but wanted to do Blu this time.

37 minutes ago, karmamule said:

Our Aqua Sky Suite will be on deck 6, so under another deck of cabins. As long as the people above us don't tromp around like buffalos we should be ok.

Same here.  We're booked in 6146 for our next Millennium cruise.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, happyyaya said:

Wait. We're in Aqua Sky Suite 6129 on the Constellation in October. First time in 21 Celebrity cruises we'll be in the Aqua class. I thought the deal was we could eat in Blu and if we wanted to, also eat in Luminae? We planned to eat in Blu the entire time. We're supposed to eat in Luminae? We love Luminae but wanted to do Blu this time.

Yes, Even though it has Aqua in the name, it is a Suite and the assigned dining room is Luminae for suite guest.  Of course you could talk to the Blu Maitre'd upon embarkation and try and make arrangements to dine every night in Blu.  The Luminae Maitre'd may also be able to help with that.  

I'd recommend mentioning it on your pre-embarkation email response to the onboard Retreat Host as well. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone had lunch delivered to their Aqua Sky Suite. I'm wondering what the lunch menu has on it as Blu does not serve lunch.

"Full In-Suite Menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) featuring clean cuisine from Blu"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/aqua-sky-suite

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, happyyaya said:

A Aqua Sky Suite is in Suite class.  For guess who booked Aqua class Blu is their assigned dining room, they do not have access to Luminae or other Retreat areas.  Suite guests can eat in Blu on a space available basis and Aqua Sky Suites  would probably have priority over other guests who are in regular Sky Suites to dine in Blu.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2023 at 4:16 PM, bigbenboys said:

Has anyone had lunch delivered to their Aqua Sky Suite. I'm wondering what the lunch menu has on it as Blu does not serve lunch.

"Full In-Suite Menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) featuring clean cuisine from Blu"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/aqua-sky-suite

That link does not say lunch as of 10/22/23.

• Thanks 1