Starbucks

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 7:19 PM, surfjock27 said:

Starbucks gift cards CAN be used. I’ve used mine many times. It’s easier to transfer the gift card to your Starbucks app. 

No standalone Starbucks on Independence. 

If my phone will be on airplane mode do you happen to know if I can still use the Starbucks app to pay with my gift card? I can't seem to locate the physical card that I received years ago and curious if you can still pay with the app without service.

1 hour ago, mizzkellzee said:

If my phone will be on airplane mode do you happen to know if I can still use the Starbucks app to pay with my gift card? I can't seem to locate the physical card that I received years ago and curious if you can still pay with the app without service.

You can use the Starbucks app while in airplane mode, since it’s just utilizing the barcode. Just make sure to have money preloaded, because you won’t be able to add money without WiFi. 

Also, keep in mind what without WiFi, it won’t have the updated amount that you have left on your account, so you’ll need to keep track of that. If you start with $50 on your account and use $10, just remember you have $40 left because your account will continue to show $50 until you’re connected to internet and it updates. 

Lastly, you CAN use any giftcards on your account and you will collect stars. However, you CANNOT redeem stars. 

Hope this helps. 🙂

Edited by surfjock27

16 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

You can use the Starbucks app while in airplane mode, since it’s just utilizing the barcode. Just make sure to have money preloaded, because you won’t be able to add money without WiFi. 

Also, keep in mind what without WiFi, it won’t have the updated amount that you have left on your account, so you’ll need to keep track of that. If you start with $50 on your account and use $10, just remember you have $40 left because your account will continue to show $50 until you’re connected to internet and it updates. 

Lastly, you CAN use any giftcards on your account and you will collect stars. However, you CANNOT redeem stars. 

Hope this helps. 🙂

Interesting that you can use it without an internet connection. Given your example, what happens if you try to spend $60, since it doesn't "know" how much is actually left?

Edited by time4u2go

14 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Interesting that you can use it without an internet connection. Given your example, what happens if you try to spend $60, since it doesn't "know" how much is actually left?

Presumably the till that is carrying out the transaction has an internet connection and knows much credit you have.

• Thanks 1