In Celebrity blocking onboard usage of CC over their WI-FI?

clojacks

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

I have always suspected they block access to CC via their Wi-Fi. I have had issues for years on both X and RCI. Have had to wait till ashore on a different Wi-Fi or on 4G to post. It’s very annoying when you’re trying to do a “live from” 

They really don't blocking CC, it is as simple as overly aggressive traffic shaping on the basic WiFi, the connection to the site is not blocked, it just doesn't get enough bandwidth to load the pages before things start timing out.

It became more noticeable when they rolled out Starlink...

So in  essence, the new program  has a neg affect on those who have the basic  internet as a perk  ( Elite minutes or in an "inclusive" package?)?  

Internet used to be awful on M Class ships.. they would often  adjust back one's minutes because of poor function.  now back to square one unless we pay ?

i will.let my dh know..he might want to upgrade..but the game he likes might not work anyhow.  Not planning on bringing  anything but the old Samsing tablet...still good for reading books

Edited by hcat

55 minutes ago, hcat said:

i will.let my dh know..he might want to upgrade..but the game he likes might not work anyhow.  Not planning on bringing  anything but the old Samsing tablet...still good for reading books

As long as his game does not involve synchronous interaction with other players he will probably be fine.

We had no problems with that sort of game on the basic WiFi.

Edited by Mark_T

3 hours ago, hcat said:

So in  essence, the new program  has a neg affect on those who have the basic  internet as a perk  ( Elite minutes or in an "inclusive" package?)?  ...

Your Elite minutes are the premium, AI is basic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

So in  essence, the new program  has a neg affect on those who have the basic  internet as a perk  ( Elite minutes or in an "inclusive" package?)?  

Internet used to be awful on M Class ships.. they would often  adjust back one's minutes because of poor function.  now back to square one unless we pay ?

My understanding is that the CC Minutes are all Premium Internet.  

I really don't see much change here.   If I recall correctly CC was only marginally available with basic even with the old internet.

With the basic you should still be able to get your e-mail, browse the internet except pages that are data intensive.