Coke and Pepsi?

lubedobedo

Just now, simplelife said:

They may have had some Coke products left over from before the new contract

Extremely doubtful at this point, they switched before the COVID shutdown. I think it's likely just a website glitch.

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

Extremely doubtful at this point, they switched before the COVID shutdown. I think it's likely just a website glitch.

That's going to be my new go-to for work - "oops, is that not the correct file? I'm sorry, I think it's likely just a website glitch." 🤔

"Oops, did I not add you to that Teams call? I think it's likely just a website glitch." 🤫

"Oopsie, did I not set an OOO? I think it's likely just a website glitch." 🫣

This could be fun 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If it's not just a website glitch, another reason could be that some Coke products are available for purchase before you cruise to be delivered to your cabin.  But the current Pepsi products are what are available for purchase on board in the bars and Java Blue.

Do you know that's the case or are you speculating? Just trying to figure out if my sister will have to play pac mule next month to have her Diet Coke. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Do you know that's the case or are you speculating? Just trying to figure out if my sister will have to play pac mule next month to have her Diet Coke. 

Pure speculation on my part.  Carnival switched over to Pepsi prior to the shutdown.  I'm sure there is a no compete clause as to what can be sold on board in the bars and Java Blue, but selling Coke products by the 6 pack or 12 pack as a pre-purchase to your cabin could be a loophole in order for Carnival to sell Coke on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

tell her to bring on her own diet cokes

• Like 1

I was going to mention that Carnival's Pepsi switch happened around January 1, 2020 - just before the pandemic and a couple of weeks before my last cruise on Carnival on the Breeze.  The switchover was total then; there wasn't any mention of any Coke products anywhere.

Now it seems that Coke is making inroads back onto Carnival ships... maybe.  Interesting.  Following.

I just checked the options to purchase for our upcoming cruise and all that shows is: 

Segrams

Mt.Dew

Mug Root Beer

Schweppes

Sierra Mist

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Pepsi Zero

Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free

No Coke products to be found! 

3 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

I just checked the options to purchase for our upcoming cruise and all that shows is: 

Segrams

Mt.Dew

Mug Root Beer

Schweppes

Sierra Mist

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Pepsi Zero

Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free

I checked my cruise as well and the coke products aren’t showing anymore.  Hope my order is honored since they were on the list and it let me purchase them just a few nights ago.  The charge is still pending on my bank account

1 hour ago, badgermomof2 said:

I checked my cruise as well and the coke products aren’t showing anymore.  Hope my order is honored since they were on the list and it let me purchase them just a few nights ago.  The charge is still pending on my bank account

Let us know what happens, but I assume that if they don't actually have the Coke products to sell you, they will not be able to honor your order

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Segrams

Mt.Dew

Mug Root Beer

Schweppes

Sierra Mist

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Pepsi Zero

Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free

Where do you find this listed??? I want to check mine too please.

7 minutes ago, Georgia Peach 4 said:

Where do you find this listed??? I want to check mine too please.

IF and I say 'IF' it's made and available I wish they had 'Sierra Mist sugar-free' But since it's not on the availability list, oh well guess I'll have to settle for whiskey and Pepsi zero. But that's okay, I like Pepsi zero/sugar free as well as well as the coke brands.

Mac 

5 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

IF and I say 'IF' it's made and available I wish they had 'Sierra Mist sugar-free' But since it's not on the availability list, oh well guess I'll have to settle for whiskey and Pepsi zero. But that's okay, I like Pepsi zero/sugar free as well as well as the coke brands.

Mac 

Sierra Mist is no longer.  Pepsi has changed the name to Starry.

38 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Sierra Mist is no longer.  Pepsi has changed the name to Starry.

That explains a lot.  I don't drink soda much at all, but our friend always has a drink with 7Up or Sprite.  On the last cruise, he said all of the bars now have "some kind of generic Sprite".  Now it makes sense that he was getting Starry (something that he had never heard of before).  I thought it sounded strange that they would have anything 'generic'.

12 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

That explains a lot.  I don't drink soda much at all, but our friend always has a drink with 7Up or Sprite.  On the last cruise, he said all of the bars now have "some kind of generic Sprite".  Now it makes sense that he was getting Starry (something that he had never heard of before).  I thought it sounded strange that they would have anything 'generic'.

I'm not a big Pepsi fan, at all.  But I do want to say that Starry is far superior to Sprite any day of the week.  Sprite has a "dirt" after taste that is off putting and Starry is just lemon-limey goodness.

And no rootbeer can compare to MUG rootbeer...  it is the KING of all root beers!!

On 8/29/2023 at 3:17 PM, SmoothFlying said:

Mac 

They do have Starry Zero, which isn't bad, but on the last two cruises I was on they ran out at different bars throughout the cruise and I'd have to get something else or go to a different bar

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 7:59 PM, Haljo1935 said:

That's going to be my new go-to for work - "oops, is that not the correct file? I'm sorry, I think it's likely just a website glitch." 🤔

"Oops, did I not add you to that Teams call? I think it's likely just a website glitch." 🤫

"Oopsie, did I not set an OOO? I think it's likely just a website glitch." 🫣

This could be fun 🙃

I shall suggest this to my husband. He is in charge of merging the websites and databases of newly purchased companies into a very large health insurer. He can abdicate his own responsibilities and blame a website glitch. This will make his job so much easier! 

On 8/29/2023 at 9:40 AM, MistyRo76 said:

Segrams

Mt.Dew

Mug Root Beer

Schweppes

Sierra Mist

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Pepsi Zero

Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free

Sierra Mist is gone. Starry has arrived because Pepsi wanted to sound like the Walmart of soda. My son and I were on a cruise right after they switched. On the cruise he got Covid and was allowed any room service he wanted. Depending on who answered the phone, you either had to order Starry or Sierra Mist. The switch did not compute for any of them. It was one or the other and if you said the wrong thing, they didn’t know what you wanted. 😂

• Haha 1