Good tel experience today

hcat

I called X regular number  a short while ago to confirm I had grats included for my 2025 APEX cruise..SV  with  "all in..."

they quoted a long wait time 30 min + for a rep  but allowed me to request a call back..which I did

Wait for that was 6 minutes!  How good was that!

Rep  will e mail an updated confirmation  invoice..taking off the grat charges..Also confirmed we have basic alc and wifi..all we need!

I was pleasantly surprised!

• Like 2

I could be wrong but there have been a number of people reporting that they had new charges to their cruise for tips even though they  had booked under the AI.    All I have read said when they called in they were informed it was an error and corrected by removing the additional charge.

• Like 1

I called the special Retreat Concierge hotline today and the person I got must have been hired yesterday.  This person knew significantly less than me and I have never sailed before on X or any other line.  Couldn't answer anything without 2-3 minutes of trying to "look up" the answer.  Then, we were disconnected (not on my end).  No call back.  

Celebrity is a seriously confused organization at this time and my vacation is not going to be their alpha- or beta-test.  I'm moving on.  The first impression they've made to me is that they're a bunch of bozos.

Edited by Winemaker_1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Are you saying you repriced the cruise to not include the gratuities.  Was it a cost savings?

No.. we paid for "all in " and they added a charge for grats.. that charge needs to be removed as grats were part if out fare

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

So you removed the gratuities from a AI booking?

No...we need removal.of Added grat charge..see above and Jim Lain comment

both reps agreed but  no conf came thru e mail..

There are posts on other threads here about previously booked guests with AI or some version of it who have received an invoice with grats charged on it. That should only happen for bookings after Oct 4. Other posters have been able to get it corrected, so that they get the benefits to which they are entitled in their package at time of booking. It seems that people in the home office aren’t reading their own memos about the “changes”.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I could be wrong but there have been a number of people reporting that they had new charges to their cruise for tips even though they  had booked under the AI.    All I have read said when they called in they were informed it was an error and corrected by removing the additional charge.

exactly..we just want the  new paperwork