LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

17 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I was all ready told it’s on camera. All I can do now is disrupt young peoples live and press charges. That’s nothing I want to do. But I’m heartbroken this happened. 

I would do it in a heartbeat.  Next time, they shove someone down a flight of stairs

• Like 5

Megan, I have heard stories of trouble on ships and now I truly believe it (I'm not one that searches out youtube videos of this kind of stuff).  I am leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day on the Radiance.  I am glad you shared this with us because I will be more alert than I think I would have been.  I just can't wrap my head around how young people could do this to you.  I have really enjoyed all of your live reports and am going to miss you if you really never cruise Carnival again, but understandable for sure.  I followed your reporting for the Dec 22 Panorama because I was going on the same cruise.  I did come up and introduce myself to you when I spotted you at Red Frog.  You were very nice, don't change!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, blarko said:

How did they get her back to the ship? And why didn’t they transport her to a hospital instead?

If this is the same one we saw, it was by ambulance.  Have no idea why they brought her back to the ship.  The ambulance came through while we were looking around the port.  They worked with her a few minutes and as we were headed back to the ship, they were bringing her back.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Honestly, this is the first cruise I couldn’t wait to get off of.

For my wife and me it was not one of our favorites either.  I will probably do a review later, but there were several incidents on this cruise that just raised my stress level instead of being a relaxing vacation.  You may not have experienced this, but our started with the embarkation.  As we were going up from the Captains Lounge to board the ship, there was a line of people coming up the way that stretched way down the hallway.  We really didn't know what was going on, so all of us just merged in and headed on the gangway.  You would have thought we had just committed a robbery.  We were called all sorts of names.  My wife just pulled me aside and we let the ones that were the most vocal on by us.  I caught a glimpse of their boarding passes and it turned out that the FTTF folks were going at the same time as many of the platinum folks, even though he had announced that it would be diamond, suites, platinum, then FTTF.  So that problem was created by Carnival.  We had priority letter K, so they went before a lot of the platinum folks behind us.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Very full flight. Flight time to Nashville is 1 hour and 47 minutes. The flight crew just came from there and it’s beautiful today. Too bad we will only see the airport. 

We were on that exact same flight as well.  When we got home, we discovered that our luggage had gotten soaked in the heavy rain.

• Like 4

On 9/8/2023 at 8:08 PM, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983so sorry you had to experience this.

Unfortunately I am afraid it is more the norm in today's society.  Kids run the home not the parents.

The rowdiness and loose canons is one of the reasons we have moved on from Carnival.

Even back in the 90s when Carnival allowed under 21 to drink it was not as bad as it is today.  Saw my fair share of high schoolers lose it while sitting at the bar.  Lean over and let loose on the deck but no verbal abuse or running wild like today.

Hang in there you do a great job with your own kids.

Unfortunately it was not just the kids on this cruise.  There were some adults that were acting out as well.  It wasn't a lot, but enough to make things bad for others. We just about got knocked down several times by folks cramming into elevators in front of many who had been waiting.  There were some that had a complete lack of respect for others.  That may be where these children got it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1