Live from the Pride Greenland and Canada…and a little dance with Idalia

jimbo5544

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Uggh. I hope they can find a way to make Greenland work for you since that is the whole point of the cruise. Maybe reversing the itinerary isn't an option anymore since, if I read your post right, Greenland may be a no-go?? That explains why you are showing drifting along at a leisurely pace of 10 knots.

Please keep us updated!!

Will do, expecting an update soon.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@jimbo5544....fingers crossed for you...but IMO any cruise is better than no cruise, but I am sure you will have your fair share of complainers.  We know it is the Captain's job to keep everyone safe.

He was very persuasive in his discussion.  We are fine id we miss, will be very disappointed but def do not want to go thru a hurricane or TS to do it.  More to come.  

• Like 7

Just got the news.  Sue to the continued path for Idalia and two low pressure systems with high seas and winds, getting to Greenland and tenderizing is untenable.  We will have a revised Canada itinerary posted tomorrow.   Each Cabin will receive a $400 OBC.  😥

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Just got the news.  Sue to the continued path for Idalia and two low pressure systems with high seas and winds, getting to Greenland and tenderizing is untenable.  We will have a revised Canada itinerary posted tomorrow.   Each Cabin will receive a $400 OBC.  😥

Uggh. That is tough. 2 weeks of sailing the Canadian maritimes...Halifax, Charlottetown, and St John are probably going to be added in,  in addition to the 3 you were already supposed to do. Im not sure if the Legend is too big to sail down the St Lawrence into Montreal and Quebec City or not. If she can make it, an overnight in Montreal or Quebec City would be awesome. 

Good to see you got $400 OBC. Definitely above and beyond for weather related adjustments. Glad to hear you are still in good spirits.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ouch....so sorry, but better to be safe than sorry for sure.  I am sure you will make due being the class act that you are.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Uggh. That is tough. 2 weeks of sailing the Canadian maritimes...Halifax, Charlottetown, and St John are probably going to be added in,  in addition to the 3 you were already supposed to do. Im not sure if the Legend is too big to sail down the St Lawrence into Montreal and Quebec City or not. If she can make it, an overnight in Montreal or Quebec City would be awesome. 

Good to see you got $400 OBC. Definitely above and beyond for weather related adjustments. Glad to hear you are still in good spirits.

Hopefully we will hear tomorrow.  Cannot lie, I am very disappointed, but it is what it is.  Now to make the best of it.  

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, edspec said:

What a great sport you are, especially after your summer cruise.  That takes class.

Meh, you play the hand tou are dealt.  Now to make it the best I can.   I did mention to the bride that now we can do Iceland.    She said whoa Sparky, next bucket list one mine.  LOL, we will see. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Glad they are keeping everyone safe and trying to find new ports. I think the OBC is not enough when this cruise was at a very high premium because of where it was going. Maybe if it was per person that would take the sting out a little.

To be honest, I was dreading telwo days of high seas.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hopefully we will hear tomorrow.  Cannot lie, I am very disappointed, but it is what it is.  Now to make the best of it.  

Yeah I don't blame you. I would be disappointed as well.  

This means you just have to book on the one in May on Pride with us next year!

• Like 2

Definitely a disappointment. I leave for a Greenland cruise on the 14th, and also may be affected by Mother Nature.  I’m preparing. I have been to Qaqortoq before, so I understand how many are feeling missing their first time. You have a great attitude, and I hope the rest of your cruise is uneventful.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Definitely a disappointment. I leave for a Greenland cruise on the 14th, and also may be affected by Mother Nature.  I’m preparing. I have been to Qaqortoq before, so I understand how many are feeling missing their first time. You have a great attitude, and I hope the rest of your cruise is uneventful.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Weather does not look good for the next few days according to windy.com website

Parts of Idalia will be stuck near the Nova Scotia coast from now till tomorrow night. There is another storm off the coast of Greenland with winds around 30-45+ mph from thursday to like sunday

its going to be windy and rough with all of these storms for the rest of the week

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Weather does not look good for the next few days according to windy.com website

Parts of Idalia will be stuck near the Nova Scotia coast from now till tomorrow night. There is another storm off the coast of Greenland with winds around 30-45+ mph from thursday to like sunday

its going to be windy and rough with all of these storms for the rest of the week

We are bouncing around pretty good right now.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The suit man, my new nickname for him.  Do not know him but someone told us he has 79 of these suits. This the third day, third “different” suit. 

IMG_6576.jpeg

They were on my Mardi Gras cruise, I think they same folks.  Friendly and fun to see.

• Like 2

The tendering situation in Greenland was already a huge problem (we never got our turn and missed the first port).  We had incredibly smooth seas and even that was a logistical nightmare to get passengers to land.  Couple that with trying to navigate a ship around dozens of icebergs in tough conditions, I'm sure that it's the best decision for all concerned.

Our experience was that if you didn't book a shore excursion, there was very little to see, and since most involved helicopters or small boats, they were probably going to be canceled anyway.

I'm sorry that you guys won't be able to at least see the island from a distance.  That and the starry skies were the best part, imo.

• Like 2