Beverage package on sale

Bo1331

The selection of wines on the Ultimate Package has changed now with more sparkling wines including 2 champagnes. Red selection has changed as well, there seems to be more white’s but can’t be certain as we’re not white wine drinkers other than the occasional Pino Grigio.

IMG_0165.thumb.jpeg.fe1d84fd20228001789c0a6692ebdef7.jpeg

This assumes of course that these wines are actually available onboard.

Champagne ONLY comes from the Champagne region it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with EU law, it relates back to a treaty in 1891, and the EU wasn’t around then.

Cava is made in the same way as Champagne but it is Cava not Champagne , although the Spanish have always claimed it was them that created the method of producing sparkling wine, 

Edited by Rosroz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rosroz said:

Champagne ONLY comes from the Champagne region it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with EU law, it relates back to a treaty in 1891, and the EU wasn’t around then.

The 100-Year-Old Loophole That Makes California Champagne Legal

• Like 1

Just now, Traveling Fools said:

And, oh by the way.....how about the French Champagne industry being saved by American rootstock!?!

They are very proud in Chile that they have the only French grape varieties with the original DNA – those American roots have changed the DNA of the grapes throughout France.

11 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

And, oh by the way.....how about the French Champagne industry being saved by American rootstock!?!

As a young 4H Grape Club member I was told that some of the saviour rootstock came from Canada, but maybe that was an embellishment.

Google tells me that both Missouri and Texas claim to be the sources.

Can we agree to say North American root stock to lessen the chauvinism? 😀

18 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

Certainly...wouldn't want Rosroz biting my head off for going to far astray.

Believe it or not my bark is worse than my bite 🤣 honest ,  I’m a nice person really , but I’m guilty of speaking my mind , especially when it’s a subject I’m passionate about .

49 minutes ago, Rosroz said:

Believe it or not my bark is worse than my bite 🤣 honest ,  I’m a nice person really , but I’m guilty of speaking my mind , especially when it’s a subject I’m passionate about .

DW is German from the wine country...know all about it!  Have spent some quality time in the Champagne region, but those stories are for another thread!

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rus Tee said:

The Ultimate Drinks package includes all the Premium package Drinks plus the extras on the Ultimate package

Apologies, I have worded my question wrongly. It should read  - If I had the Premium package but want a drink from Ultimate package, would I pay a difference or the full price of drink.

5 hours ago, Mrmatt said:

Apologies, I have worded my question wrongly. It should read  - If I had the Premium package but want a drink from Ultimate package, would I pay a difference or the full price of drink.

Full price of the drink, depending on how many drinks from the Ultimate Package you would want during the cruise it may be better value is to upgrade the package at $8 per day. There’s no requirement for all passengers in the cabin to upgrade.

4 hours ago, Riocca said:

Full price of the drink, depending on how many drinks from the Ultimate Package you would want during the cruise it may be better value is to upgrade the package at $8 per day. There’s no requirement for all passengers in the cabin to upgrade.

and you can upgrade for the remainder of the cruise at any point and only pay for the remaining days

• Like 1