Any advise for best/most important things to do once boarded.

mcoler181

From what I have read this is what I plan to do once we are on board our first MSC cruise.

1. Check what time our dinner reservation is and if we want to try and change it head to the main dining room and speak to them.

2. Go and make and speciality restaurant reservations. As we are doing a 2 week b2b will we need to wait until the following week to make them for the second week?

3. Register a credit card for room charges. (I'm sure I have read you go to a machine and register your card, or have I made that up?)

4. Have a little wander and get a drink. 

Anything else of any importance I should plan on doing as soon as we are on?

When you board, you will be given a single page welcome paper.  On the back side are instructions about dining.  The sheet I am posting is from Seaside August 13.  Directions may be slightly different on Seascape.  
  I doubt you can make reservations for the second week during the first week unless you booked them as a single cruise, since I think they will be scanning your card(s) when making the res.  But ask when making the original res.  You will get a group of papers in your cabin the afternoon or evening of the last day of the first cruise.  If you don’t get it, corner your steward and ask for it.  
Also including pictures of the card activation kiosk.  You can do it any time during the first few days.  On my. 3 day cruise, they were still reminding people to register during debarkation.  

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_2095.jpeg

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

• Like 1

You watch the video in your cabin.  Then dial the number that is supposed to be announced/displayed at the end.  I never saw it, but someone told me what it was.  Then you go to the muster station on your cabin door and on your card.  They scan your card and you’re done.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Getting on the ship's wifi would be a priority for me, as you can access the daily activities, menus, and make show reservations through the app once connected.

I'm sure the wife and kids will be on that as soon as we step on 😂

For my crew, this is usually the one day we go to the dining room for lunch so we avoid the lines at the buffet while everyone is waiting for the all clear that rooms are ready. Much more relaxed this way. (Disclaimer: on MSC, we've only sailed YC, so there are no crowds, but when we sail Royal, this is what we do).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, psmarkle said:

For my crew, this is usually the one day we go to the dining room for lunch so we avoid the lines at the buffet while everyone is waiting for the all clear that rooms are ready. Much more relaxed this way. (Disclaimer: on MSC, we've only sailed YC, so there are no crowds, but when we sail Royal, this is what we do).

A good time to get the traditional hamachi and avocado starter!  However, this is only an option in YC, at least on US-based cruises, where the dining rooms are not open for lunch on departure day.  Probably different in Europe with passengers on and off at each port.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, psmarkle said:

Yeah we aren't YC so this wont be an option unfortunately.

Thinking about it, its a bit  crazy with the limited food options as it is that they only have the buffet open for what is it on Seascape 5-6k people. 

2 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Yeah we aren't YC so this wont be an option unfortunately.

Thinking about it, its a bit  crazy with the limited food options as it is that they only have the buffet open for what is it on Seascape 5-6k people. 

I don't know what ship you are sailing on, but on the Meraviglia at least, Hola! is open for lunch on embarkation day.

1 hour ago, mcoler181 said:

Just thinking, do they serve food in the sports bar on embarkation day?

What time is the buffet actually open on embarkation day?

This is from Seaside, so ignore the Biscayne Bay buffet.  Seascape only has the Marketplace buffet, and it is on deck 16 aft.  EM

IMG_2097.jpeg

You seem to know your stuff around Meraviglia.  Do you remember if there is a pay pizza place with fresh, made to order pizzas away from the buffet?  Our other MSC cruise on Divina had this but I can't find anything about what it was called or if this ship has it.  (Your various posts have been very helpful!)

Edited by sandinmyshoes