My ta meeting with a whole group of Explora higher ups today

bitob

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Has your TA sailed on Explora 1 yet?
What was their personal experience like?

He is scheduled.  But he may have had a conference call with fellow agents who were on board - he told me one was scheduled.

I am waiting to get a report. A whole bunch of TAs are now in Maui, helping with the cleanup.

I am leaving for my next cruise tomorrow.  I will try to get some feedback.

• Thanks 1

I'm just the messenger

They think they are off to a great start

Some things need "tweaking"

They have not read cruise critic

I think they are delusional

My TA will be on early October

I trust my TA completely

Curious to hear what he has to say from firsthand experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitob said:

I'm just the messenger

They think they are off to a great start

Some things need "tweaking"

They have not read cruise critic

I think they are delusional

My TA will be on early October

I trust my TA completely

Curious to hear what he has to say from firsthand experience.

Then again they know he is a TA (owner) and they will have his photo in the crew area and everyone will be told to treat him like royalty.

I trust him too, but the experience will not be if you or me were on the ship.

And yes Management should read cruise critic.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Then again they know he is a TA (owner) and they will have his photo in the crew area and everyone will be told to treat him like royalty.

I trust him too, but the experience will not be if you or me were on the ship.

And yes Management should read cruise critic.

No one is complaining about being treated poorly. I think he will see through that

According to an inside source, there was a lot of initial sales resistance to EJ as many wanted to see the hardware first, plus there were major misgivings regarding MSC’s notoriously bad customer service. 
Their Chief Sales Officer, Chris Austin, made a lot of promises, and I’m sure people were enticed as he’d held previous positions at such iconic luxury brands as Seabourn and Ritz Carlton. Interestingly enough, both their East Coast and West Coast Regional Sales directors quit prior to the inaugural sailing(I’m sure they’re thanking their  lucky stars they don’t have to face the backlash). So agents have no one to turn to to voice their concerns to, except Austin, who’ll have to take the heat for over promising and under delivering. 

1 hour ago, Ant@sea said:

According to an inside source, there was a lot of initial sales resistance to EJ as many wanted to see the hardware first, plus there were major misgivings regarding MSC’s notoriously bad customer service. 

In addition to those inside sources, there was plenty of public evidence of both problems right here on Cruise Critic!

• Like 2

I'm not sure what's going on at Explora, but I think they are in serious trouble because of another change at the top. Although that doesn't appear to be the case currently, my travel planner was saying that the higher-ups would come from outside MSC Cruises. It doesn't look like this anymore.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/achille-staiano-named-explora-journeys-cco-norbert-stiekema-goes-msc-senior

13 hours ago, Ljames23 said:

I'm not sure what's going on at Explora, but I think they are in serious trouble because of another change at the top. Although that doesn't appear to be the case currently, my travel planner was saying that the higher-ups would come from outside MSC Cruises. It doesn't look like this anymore.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/achille-staiano-named-explora-journeys-cco-norbert-stiekema-goes-msc-senior

Wow. A CCO change after just 6 months. Poor Norbert Stiekema… the issue isn’t commercial performance, the issue is that the product is so much less than what was hyped up over the past 2 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are right that EJ should be reading CC. They should also be listening to experienced luxury cruisers on board. We have raised various issues since we boarded 8/24 in Southampton. No one seems to care. 
If you raise any issue with Guest Relations they will tell you it is not their problem and to take it up with whatever dept problem is about. Also rude and short. Most frustrating is when they do not have access to any of your records and must email Geneva. 
Ecplora has the largest and best pool on the ocean, perfect for swimmers like me. But they keep it closed and netted until 10AM. 

Explora commercials are now running constantly on giant TV screen in pool area. We know where we are and don’t need another sales pitch while relaxing. Really annoying. 
Fils Rouge is excellent, both cuisine and service. But the menu never changes. After three weeks it is boring. 
On the other hand menu for all three meals in Emporium Marketplace varies every day. Go figure. 
Took three days to get them to deliver fruit to our suite. Served with a bread knife. Ever try to dissect a pear with a bread knife? 
I could go on. These are really not just introductory growing pains. They are indicative that they have not really studied the luxury market and probably never sailed on one of the luxury ships. 
We would like to come back. It is that good. But unless our TA can assure us EJ has listened to pax and are getting up to speed it won’t happen. Too many choices out there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

I could go on. These are really not just introductory growing pains. They are indicative that they have not really studied the luxury market and probably never sailed on one of the luxury ships. 
We would like to come back. It is that good. But unless our TA can assure us EJ has listened to pax and are getting up to speed it won’t happen. Too many choices out there. 

I'm sorry to hear about this  - really no excuse for rudeness in any staff.

I'm curious to see how things will change when Heiki Berdos returns - she really had zero time on board with paying passengers to have any influence.

Finally, I'm CERTAIN that they will get the message loud and clear when hundreds of New Yorkers start boarding in 12 days time!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

We would like to come back.

After the canceling of the 2024 season and the repositioning to the Orient of Explora 1. An offer was made to rebook on Explora II for the season instead with a 30% sweetener. The published rates for the Residences were doubled and we balked having not experienced our first cruise this December. Since that initial second offering all the itineraries for Explora II have disappeared? Perhaps EJ answer to all these gripes is to reposition both ships out of this market for the next couple of years?

We have 24 and 25 itineraries for 1 and 2. All 7/8 day cruises mostly in Caribbean, Med, Indian Ocean and Red Sea. 
We are planning two back to back east Med Venice to Athens to Istanbul. Hopefully by then the problems will be remedied. Even though we have some gripes they are mostly minor and a result of being spoiled elsewhere. Ship is totally unique and has many fine points. Deserves a try. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

After the canceling of the 2024 season and the repositioning to the Orient of Explora 1. An offer was made to rebook on Explora II for the season instead with a 30% sweetener. The published rates for the Residences were doubled and we balked having not experienced our first cruise this December. Since that initial second offering all the itineraries for Explora II have disappeared? Perhaps EJ answer to all these gripes is to reposition both ships out of this market for the next couple of years?

No. It might to be one more of those MSC cruise group's sad IT nightmares. I can see some 29 EJ Med sailings on both E1 and E2 till mid April'25. Of course that is too short for traditional luxe market ageing crowd regular travel planning, but bear in mind that if their new target is set to be still in service international younger professionals, then those individual's holiday booking season here in EU is set to be between February and April of each particular year, so plenty of time for them to adjust. Either way; my best bet is that they wont to adjust anymore.

• Thanks 1

My cruise friend stickman on board now and posting and also emailed me privately. He is a crystal regular and I totally trust his judgement.  He is loving it 

im still glad I cancelled. My cruise was not until 2025. I’m taking a wait and see. My good friend Paul mco will be on next

i need more feedback from people I know and trust 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bitob said:

My cruise friend stickman on board now and posting and also emailed me privately. He is a crystal regular and I totally trust his judgement.  He is loving it 

im still glad I cancelled. My cruise was not until 2025. I’m taking a wait and see. My good friend Paul mco will be on next

i need more feedback from people I know and trust 

How's your cruise going

Plenty of sea days 😀

Just now, Mr Luxury said:

How's the dress code holding up?

There are folks dressed to the nines on gala nights. But many in jeans and t shirts eating in the buffet. I’m sure the old timers are aghast lol

all other nights are resort casual. Just like regent 

today I saw sport jackets at breakfast in queens grill. Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bitob said:

There are folks dressed to the nines on gala nights. But many in jeans and t shirts eating in the buffet. I’m sure the old timers are aghast lol

all other nights are resort casual. Just like regent 

today I saw sport jackets at breakfast in queens grill. Lol

Sound like nothings changed.

Black and white and Ascot ball.

Have a great time.

Hope you packed your diamonds