Check your Princess vacation protection coverage - mine disappeared!

Cajuntraveler

We booked a Princess cruise through a Seattle based BB TA on 5/8/2023 and included the Princess standard vacation protection. I made final payment on 7/30/23 to the TA.  Today I checked my travel summary on Princess's web site and it showed I did not have the insurance.  The TA web site also showed no insurance and that the total for the cruise was $218 (insurance premium amount) less than the amount that I paid.   After 2 hours on the phone with the TA, the insurance has been reinstated, but neither the TA nor Princess could explain what happened other than saying the computer systems are not always compatible.  I'm glad I noticed the error prior to our November cruise.

BTW - effective 8/1/2023 the price of the Standard Vacation Protection plan increased from 8% to 9% of the cruise price.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

We booked a Princess cruise through a Seattle based BB TA on 5/8/2023 and included the Princess standard vacation protection. I made final payment on 7/30/23 to the TA.  Today I checked my travel summary on Princess's web site and it showed I did not have the insurance.  The TA web site also showed no insurance and that the total for the cruise was $218 (insurance premium amount) less than the amount that I paid.   After 2 hours on the phone with the TA, the insurance has been reinstated, but neither the TA nor Princess could explain what happened other than saying the computer systems are not always compatible.  I'm glad I noticed the error prior to our November cruise.

BTW - effective 8/1/2023 the price of the Standard Vacation Protection plan increased from 8% to 9% of the cruise price.

Thanks for the heads up on the insurance increase.  That was over a month ago and didn’t notice it.

image.thumb.jpeg.dbdc1f25fb754ce58d8079913a461683.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the warning but mine's still there. Fwiw all my insurances are going up except homeowners & auto (umbrella & earthquake up miniscule amt but pet insurance up 30%!). Yep increase insurance cost is just an ordinary thing