Just back from Lady Allure!

BecciBoo

21 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I agree that the Windjammer layout on Allure is difficult. Liberty, much smaller ship, has a far better Windjammer, not so squished.

It's a common complaint on Oasis class (never really bothered me personally). They redesigned it a bit on Wonder and it's quite nice.

4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

RUDYARD, we were on this cruise as well.  First time in ALL of our sailings that my wife and I both felt the beds where a bit harder than normal.  Smoothest sailing that we could ever remember.  The gulf of Mexico was flatter and bluer than ever.  From the 12th  deck balcony it looked like you could scoop up the ocean and eat it.  Boarding the ship was a breeze.  Leaving was a bit of a mess as I believe the WIFI in the terminal was down for a bit and delayed some things.

Unfortunately I came home and was LEVELED with Covid.  Still in recovery mode.  The wife went unscathed.  Great trip overall.

My mattress also is much harder than ever before and my tablemates are saying the same. I'm on board now so it's not just you all. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's just a buffet but we were not very impressed with it as Nachi, you order your meal and it's prepared there by the Del Mar staff.  Their ceviche mixto has always been my snack of choice and the fish of the day with nachos...mmmmm.  The buffet at Allegro had a  lot of choices but they didn't look the freshest.  The hot dogs were icky and hamburgers pucky.  Pizza was a joke.  The fish and fajitas looked dismal.  I ended up with a hot dog, not too good.  Hubs had the fajitas, said they were meh.  I wasn't there for the food though.  Didn't notice any fire damage at all.  Don't understand what you meant about new palapas.  The pool and the beach are stellar and that's what I was there for.  

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

To each their own...but our beds were terrific.

People certainly have mattress preferences but mattresses can also vary greatly from cabin to cabin on the same ship.

We had two different cabins on Indy last year, 6 doors apart, one mattress was fine (medium firmness IMO), the other hard as concrete.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes, it's just a buffet but we were not very impressed with it as Nachi, you order your meal and it's prepared there by the Del Mar staff.  Their ceviche mixto has always been my snack of choice and the fish of the day with nachos...mmmmm.  The buffet at Allegro had a  lot of choices but they didn't look the freshest.  The hot dogs were icky and hamburgers pucky.  Pizza was a joke.  The fish and fajitas looked dismal.  I ended up with a hot dog, not too good.  Hubs had the fajitas, said they were meh.  I wasn't there for the food though.  Didn't notice any fire damage at all.  Don't understand what you meant about new palapas.  The pool and the beach are stellar and that's what I was there for.  

Thanks. Yes it has never been renowned for its buffet! Grounds and beach are nice enough. Splashground is nice. I presume the kids club was rebuilt after the fire. Nice place for a day pass.

There was a big fire last year. 
https://www.cozumel4you.com/cozumel-news-fire-hotel-allegro/

This isn’t the first big fire at Allegro and I just wondered if they were still replacing the roofs on buildings with palapa style roofs.

Edited by c-leg5

22 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

When did this happen?

Nachi Cocom has always been the beach club belonging to Del Mar and some other in town hotels as far as I know.

Allegro belongs to Barcelo group now. Can hotel guests go to Nachi now?

We were at Nachi on August 31, everything seemed to be the way it had been in the past. I think I am a bit disappointed with that news. 

8 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We were at Nachi on August 31, everything seemed to be the way it had been in the past. I think I am a bit disappointed with that news. 

I am still wondering when it happened and what the consequences are. I am not sure what benefit it would be to Allegro unless they want to extend.

Edited by c-leg5

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am still wondering when it happened and what the consequences are. I am not sure what benefit it would be to Allegro unless they want to extend.

We don’t have Cozumel booked until January 2025, other than next month when we are taking a cooking class in the middle of the day.  We might be glad we went as recently as we did. I guess I will eventually get more info here on CC, where I find the majority of what I need to know. 

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We don’t have Cozumel booked until January 2025, other than next month when we are taking a cooking class in the middle of the day.  We might be glad we went as recently as we did. I guess I will eventually get more info here on CC, where I find the majority of what I need to know. 

Are you doing Cooking with Josefina? I understand her son is running it now but still gets good reviews.

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Are you doing Cooking with Josefina? I understand her son is running it now but still gets good reviews.

No, we will be on the Carnival Celebration. There is a “Carnival Kitchen”, where they hold a variety of different cooking classes. We took Pasta Masters on the Marci Gras last year and want to do Pizza Masters badly enough to tie up Cozumel day for an 11:30 class. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We are booking with Resort for a Day again, this time to El Cozumeleno.  My daughter really liked that one last year.  We've been with Nachi 15 times, so now we are sampling everything.

Just something to consider, you might want to compare several brokers and the resort directly. Sometimes you will find different prices and different things included or times. 

I have generally (not always) found Resort for a day add on a surcharge.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:49 PM, OCSC Mike said:

It's a common complaint on Oasis class (never really bothered me personally). They redesigned it a bit on Wonder and it's quite nice.

We had no complaints about the windjammer on the Oasis class ships.  We didn't like the cafeteria style on the Adventure of the seas- felt like back to elementary school.  The old ships should go to dry dock and consider stations versus a long single line.  No more old ships for me.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had no complaints about the windjammer on the Oasis class ships.  We didn't like the cafeteria style on the Adventure of the seas- felt like back to elementary school.  The old ships should go to dry dock and consider stations versus a long single line.  No more old ships for me.

I noticed on allure 3 identical salad bars for lunch on each of the round food areas. For sure less. I could find chicken yesterday usually a staple and a little girl wanted chicken tenders. Only turkey tenders that day. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I noticed on allure 3 identical salad bars for lunch on each of the round food areas. For sure less. I could find chicken yesterday usually a staple and a little girl wanted chicken tenders. Only turkey tenders that day. 

My granddaughter wouldn't know the difference-   Never had turkey tenders.

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Vision and Radiance class are older, and they have the stations. IMO the Radiance class has the best laid out Windjammer... including plenty of seating indoors and out.

• Like 1