Refillable Water Bottles

be4unoit

54 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Still boggles my mind why NCL does not have bottle refills like 99% of the gyms in the US and Europe

They pose similar sanitation issues since people don't know how to use them. The vast majority will touch their water bottle to dispenser to avoid spillage.

I am just off a cruise and watched people take water bottles in the buffet, touch the dispenser and fill their bottles, take a swig from the bottle, then put it back, touching the dispenser, and top off. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Again see my comment above. Wasting 5 cups is much preferable to kidneys shutting down from explosive diarrhea. 

I'm in my 30s. I'll survive. But will your loved ones? Geriatric ppl walk around dehydrated as is and are predisposed to kidney failure. Just thinking of others here. 

My point: just follow the rules. There is a good reason why they are there in the first place. Why else would they wield that sign there at every single station? 

If they get sick it’s not from me, because nothing is touching the dispenser, nothing is touching either glass. My yeti is huge!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

If they get sick it’s not from me, because nothing is touching the dispenser, nothing is touching either glass. My yeti is huge!

Neither would my refillable cup touch anything. BUT I like to set a good example by using a glass. Someon that sees you or me refilling our mugs might think it's OK for them as well. And their containers or behaviour may not be as suitable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

They pose similar sanitation issues since people don't know how to use them. The vast majority will touch their water bottle to dispenser to avoid spillage.

I am just off a cruise and watched people take water bottles in the buffet, touch the dispenser and fill their bottles, take a swig from the bottle, then put it back, touching the dispenser, and top off. 

I guess people at my local gym are smarter than people on cruise ships Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

That's what everyone thinks until they start puking and have explosive diarrhea, which is actually a medical term.

I am colonized with MRSA because of my job. It's a life threatening infection if it gets in your blood stream. I could choose to use the same cup to refill and increase my your chances of infecting you. Or I could get a new glass every single time and reduce your chance of infection. A MRSA infection requires hefty doses of antibiotics that aren't cheap and come with a bunch of side effects (Google vancomycin and linezolid).

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Asawi said:

I hear you and sort of agree. But I try to follow rules if the opposite might upset other people. However, I think, right or wrong, that the glass is considered "clean" until I drink from it (after all, you take ice and water without grabbing a new glass), so I refill that same glass a couple of times to fill my wide-mouth glass. 

The glass is considered contaminated once it is used to refill your water bottle as there is a chance it came in direct contact with your water bottle during the pour or that there was some splash back from your bottle.  Hence the requirement of using a new glass each time you pour into your bottle.

• Like 2