NCL- Sky laundry question please

nimbex1970

Sorry all, I tried the search and everything came up for all ships.  First time on NCL, are there laundry bags like RCCL where the steward will take your items and wash them for you?  If so, can I request them any day of the 9 night sail, along with multiple bags? For info we are spending a month in the lower 48 states, will be traveling from Florida up to NY and want to not have to do laundry in a hotel.  TY all in advance.  If anyone knows the fee, that would be really appreciated!

18 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

Sorry all, I tried the search and everything came up for all ships.  First time on NCL, are there laundry bags like RCCL where the steward will take your items and wash them for you?  If so, can I request them any day of the 9 night sail, along with multiple bags? For info we are spending a month in the lower 48 states, will be traveling from Florida up to NY and want to not have to do laundry in a hotel.  TY all in advance.  If anyone knows the fee, that would be really appreciated!

The cruise will offer a $29 fill-a-bag. It is a lot better than Royal because they do not restrict what you put in the bag. You can also pay by the piece if you need. 

image.thumb.png.28f5c946f125556e2b044e50f5f7120c.png

image.thumb.png.c3ae48bc7e00da64a0222ec76891efdb.png

• Like 2

Although I'm not sure when you can use the bundled service, be prepared for it to take a couple of days, if you use it.  The front desk or your steward should be able to tell you when you can use the bag promo and you might have to ask for the bag.  On my last cruise (Jewel) the notice said to allow 72 hours!!! And it was only a 7 day cruise. I did get my laundry back in 2 days (and was using my latitudes benefit, not the promo) but really...

• 2 weeks later...

I am sapphire so I am entitled   to one free wash for the cruise, and then we get the $29.00 coupon.  If you roll the clothes really tight, you can fit quite a bit into the paper bag they give you.

One wash we sent the light colored clothes, and the second one darks.  We were not sure if the laundry separates things, so we did.  I wash fine washables in the bathroom sink, and hang them to dry on the clothesline in the shower stall.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:39 AM, Barb Nahoumi said:

I am sapphire so I am entitled   to one free wash for the cruise, and then we get the $29.00 coupon.  If you roll the clothes really tight, you can fit quite a bit into the paper bag they give you.

One wash we sent the light colored clothes, and the second one darks.  We were not sure if the laundry separates things, so we did.  I wash fine washables in the bathroom sink, and hang them to dry on the clothesline in the shower stall.

We're Diamond and ask for laundry twice during long-ish cruises.  One for each Diamond member.  Make sure you write your status on the laundry slip.  They no longer return the copy of the completed laundry slip so be sure you save your copy just to confirm everything has been returned to you.  That's only happened once but they found the piece and had it to us within an hour or so.

Edited by OceanDreaming2