Suite - worth the cost?

ChristiCruising

I feel as though a full suite is a real splurge for us … would not even think about booking one if I were to be joined by others we wanted to dine with or be seated with us in the theater.  

But, unlike many others on this post, I’d have no problem staying in an inside cabin.  I actually feel like they are rather cozy.  My DH would not consider staying in an inside but he’s getting a chance to check one out again next week.  I’m sure he will be just fine!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

In a suite, you can order room service from the full MDR menu any time the MDR is open. You are not limited to ordering it only for the two of you in the suite. If there is room in your suite, you can order full MDR menu room service for your entire party to be delivered to your suite.

Glad you mentioned this, I have a similar situation as the original post.  We've booked a penthouse suite for a 19-person-7-cabin family trip to Alaska, and I can just visualize getting everyone together for breakfast or lunch in the suite (other cabins are balcony).  That alone may tip the scale in favor of keeping the suite.  We will all eat dinner each night in the MDR together, and many of the other listed benefits won't be of much benefit....though I guess if someone needs laundry done, they could just drop it off 8^).

2 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

Glad you mentioned this, I have a similar situation as the original post.  We've booked a penthouse suite for a 19-person-7-cabin family trip to Alaska, and I can just visualize getting everyone together for breakfast or lunch in the suite (other cabins are balcony).  That alone may tip the scale in favor of keeping the suite.  We will all eat dinner each night in the MDR together, and many of the other listed benefits won't be of much benefit....though I guess if someone needs laundry done, they could just drop it off 8^).

I would really not recommend sending laundry for 19 people out from the suite. That's one of the benefits that you're not supposed to share.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NavyVeteran said:

I would really not recommend sending laundry for 19 people out from the suite. That's one of the benefits that you're not supposed to share.

Yeah, that was meant mostly in jest, hence the smiley.  It would be pretty hard to explain how we used all those clothes...

But I really haven't used the free laundry service offered on our other (non-Princess) trips a lot...maybe once on a 10-15-day, at most 2 times for my wife.  So Princess is getting a pretty good deal since we won't be using a lot of the "exclusive" suite benefits.

58 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

though I guess if someone needs laundry done, they could just drop it off 8^).

36 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

Yeah, that was meant mostly in jest, hence the smiley.  It would be pretty hard to explain how we used all those clothes...

I thought you probably weren't serious, but I couldn't know for sure. Unfortunately, your post did not have a smiley - it had only "8^" where you probably meant to put a smiley.

1 hour ago, Flyinby said:

Realize that room service food for 19 will show up cold 

Guest Snaxmuppet
6 hours ago, memoak said:

Or with the wrong items... they have difficulty at times turning up with the right items when it is just for 2 🙂 

13 hours ago, memoak said:

The suites are large, but 19 would be stretching it, and while ordering off of the MDR menu is a perk, I'm not sure that ordering for 19 might not get a bit of blowback...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

No, it's $5 each time -not $14.99 for the cruise. The $14.99 allows you to order using the app - not the telephone. If you use the phone, it's $5 each time. The app only has the regular room service menu - not the full MDR menu you can get in a suite. To order from the full MDR menu, you have to use the phone.

Thanks for the clarification. I am sailing in Nov for 28 days in a full suite. I don't drink so don't bother with any beverage packages. I will order my morning coffee with the door hanging menu which is still an included amenity and forgo any phone order room service. I don't use the APP so that makes no difference to me.

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

The suites are large, but 19 would be stretching it, and while ordering off of the MDR menu is a perk, I'm not sure that ordering for 19 might not get a bit of blowback...

We've had 14 in a suite  a couple of times, for a meetup, not a meal, and it was fine.  These are different suites, but if we don't cause the ship to list to one side, we should be OK.  Regardless, the chance of getting all 19 there for lunch or breakfast would be pretty remote, nothing to worry about.  Anyway, I don't want to highjack the original topic, just meant to comment on the room service post.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:24 PM, ChristiCruising said:

We have a full suite booked for an upcoming cruise but we will be traveling with family who are staying in a balcony cabin. Since we we will want to spend our time with our travel companions it is unlikely we will take advantage of most of the suite perks such as reserve dining and specialty breakfasts.

Looking for opinions whether it is worth it to spend the extra money on our full suite for the space when we won’t be taking advantage of many of the additional perks?

We need a wheelchair accessible cabin and the only other option available is an interior cabin which is half the price but I do get a little claustrophobic. Has anyone stayed in an interior cabin lately and have any comparison to a suite and whether it be worth the savings to stay in one for the cabin alone? 

Years ago my mom broke her knee. Thought she'd be back to normal before our cruise but she wasn't. She called and was put on a waitlist for a handicapped room. A few weeks before travel one became available. Although only now an inside is available, something else accessible may become available in balconies or mini suites if you get put on the waitlist. It's worth a try!