Food Quality in Blu Restaurant

sabrefan

Someone posted and here is a link to a recent 14-day itinerary menus for Blu and MDR.  

The menu looks good to me, with some nights being better than others.  If you're into meat and potatoes, then Blue and Aqua aren't worth your money.  I like the assortment of poultry dishes, lamb, veal, and seafood, so not a problem for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

Someone posted and here is a link to a recent 14-day itinerary menus for Blu and MDR.  

The menu looks good to me, with some nights being better than others.  If you're into meat and potatoes, then Blue and Aqua aren't worth your money.  I like the assortment of poultry dishes, lamb, veal, and seafood, so not a problem for me.

agreed. looks good to me 

• 9 months later...

The food in Blu on my Northern European cruise on the Solstice about 2 years ago was incredible.. On my Australian/ New Zealand cruise on the newer class ship about 6 months ago was not quite as good.  However dinner at the Eden Restaurant was one of the best meals of my life

On 7/22/2024 at 2:13 PM, Gvizier said:

The food in Blu on my Northern European cruise on the Solstice about 2 years ago was incredible.. On my Australian/ New Zealand cruise on the newer class ship about 6 months ago was not quite as good.  However dinner at the Eden Restaurant was one of the best meals of my life

Agree re Eden!!

We personally are done with AQ and Blu after our March experience on the Apex.  

Other than the lovely dining room and breakfasts, the dinners were less than appealing than we remember from many Aqua experiences in the past.   Bread baskets are laughable (they used to have lovely breadsticks and varied breads - no more).  This was also the first time we chose MDR menu items as there was nothing appealing to choose from (and we are really not fussy)  For the price difference, when we sail Celebrity again, no more Aqua for us and we will pay for specialty restaurants.  Now if only the suite prices were not so insane lately.....we loved Luminae! 

18 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Agree re Eden!!

We personally are done with AQ and Blu after our March experience on the Apex.  

Other than the lovely dining room and breakfasts, the dinners were less than appealing than we remember from many Aqua experiences in the past.   Bread baskets are laughable (they used to have lovely breadsticks and varied breads - no more).  This was also the first time we chose MDR menu items as there was nothing appealing to choose from (and we are really not fussy)  For the price difference, when we sail Celebrity again, no more Aqua for us and we will pay for specialty restaurants.  Now if only the suite prices were not so insane lately.....we loved Luminae! 

We ate in Blu recently on the Edge and had both breadsticks and a variety of breads.  When DHs favorite bread wasn’t in the basket he asked the waiter if it was available.  It was and we got it each night.

Food is so subjective, we ate in Blu because we prefer it to Luminae.

Just now, jelayne said:

We ate in Blu recently on the Edge and had both breadsticks and a variety of breads.  When DHs favorite bread wasn’t in the basket he asked the waiter if it was available.  It was and we got it each night.

Food is so subjective, we ate in Blu because we prefer it to Luminae.

Interesting.   As you said, food is very subjective.  

No fault of the wonderful staff.  

1 hour ago, Mimiya11 said:

Interesting.   As you said, food is very subjective.  

No fault of the wonderful staff.  

On the Beyond and Ascent, there was the basket with breadsticks and two varieties of bread each night for dinner.  We ended up with the same wait staff each evening which was nice.

With thanks for the reviews and pictures earlier in the thread, does anyone have additional feedback on what appies and entrees in Blu are "must have" or "must avoid?"

We're sailing in AQ class for the first time next month (Aug) on a 12 day itinerary aboard Silhouette and are looking forward to trying the food in Blu.  I reviewed the daily Blu menus for a recent (Jul) 12 day itinerary on Silhouette via the app and assume the menus will be the same other than when the formal night menus slot in.  If so, it looks like we'll be able to find something appealing enough (for us) to order off the Blu menu each night.  We enjoy seafood so I think that kind of helps as it's the majority of the appies & entries that caught our eyes, with some beef/veal/lamb/duck, pasta, and veggie-focused dishes potentially rounding things out.  Depending on feedback, we may still instead order the odd appie or entree from the MDR menu.  Speaking of which, I was a little surprised (yet not) to see a few dishes (eg. Organic roasted red beets, Stuffed portobello mushrooms, etc) that appear on both the Blu & MDR menus, along with pretty much the entire dessert menu.  

7 hours ago, Milhouse said:

With thanks for the reviews and pictures earlier in the thread, does anyone have additional feedback on what appies and entrees in Blu are "must have" or "must avoid?"

We're sailing in AQ class for the first time next month (Aug) on a 12 day itinerary aboard Silhouette and are looking forward to trying the food in Blu.  I reviewed the daily Blu menus for a recent (Jul) 12 day itinerary on Silhouette via the app and assume the menus will be the same other than when the formal night menus slot in.  If so, it looks like we'll be able to find something appealing enough (for us) to order off the Blu menu each night.  We enjoy seafood so I think that kind of helps as it's the majority of the appies & entries that caught our eyes, with some beef/veal/lamb/duck, pasta, and veggie-focused dishes potentially rounding things out.  Depending on feedback, we may still instead order the odd appie or entree from the MDR menu.  Speaking of which, I was a little surprised (yet not) to see a few dishes (eg. Organic roasted red beets, Stuffed portobello mushrooms, etc) that appear on both the Blu & MDR menus, along with pretty much the entire dessert menu.  

Both the MDR and Blu feature many of the same dessert choices (Always Available items, ice creams and sorbets), but Blu does have its own dessert items each night.

I am a big fan of Blu’s menu. I’m a soup lover, and each night there are both a hot and a cold soup available. It’s hard for me to choose! I also enjoy all of the fish dishes, the short ribs, the ribeye (which is grilled, whereas in Luminae their ribeye is roasted), the filet, and the overall service. The staff work very well together as a team. 

• Thanks 1