A little deflated over how the drink package offerings work

Bently57

I've searched the forum but haven't seen anything specifically addressing my issue, but maybe I am beating a dead horse and I just don't know it.

As it stands now, and as I understand it, if you're in the same cabin under the same reservation, BOTH adults have to purchase the premium or classic drink package.  I understand the logic for Celebrity on one hand, but it's also unfair on the other. I no longer drink, but if my partner wants the alcohol package, I MUST do the same. It just seems so wrong, and yet I don't know what the solution would be.  We've decided that he just won't get the package.  For the non alcoholic package, I think the only thing I would use it for would be coffee.  I don't drink much soda.

I still haven't figured out if we should just get the non-alcohol package.  Or we could still go ahead and buy the alcohol package (both of us) and he could get whatever he wanted, but it's such a waste of money because I would only use it for coffee.

Am I the only one in this predicament?  It sure seems like it.  It has kind of dampened my enthusiasm for this cruise.

Edited by Bently57

We were able to change one to a non-alcoholic package on one cruise.  We drink at most one pre-dinner drink so there is no need for us to buy any package.  I know folks will tell me about water (I bring my refillable bottle) and coffee which I will still buy one each morning but the math still makes it better to buy per drink for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

Wait until you’re onboard then just buy the one package, it’s commonly done.

I had read of someone doing that, but they also explained that it was done thru a server, and they kind of made them promise to keep it on the 'down low'.  Of course you won't get the sale that is running right now, but it would at least resolve the main issue!  I may try that. It can't hurt.

Edited by Bently57