Our First Celebrity Cruse, Sept 10 to 16th.

GranysT

My husband and I just returned from our very 1st Celebrity cruise. I was surprised and very impressed with the ship and the cruise line. I am going to try to write this review, comparing Celebrity, with our other 42 cruises all on Carnival and Royal Carribean. Which I will refer to as C and R. First off, I thought the Equinox was a nice size ship, and beautiful. My check in time was 1:00, got to ship little after noon, and got right on the ship. Score 1 for Celeb. 

2. We had a fully handicap room, as both DH and I use mobility scooters now.  I'm 78 DH is 82. We had automatic opening doors for both the cabin, and the bathroom. We had a suite with R, and this cabin was even larger than the suite. Score 2 for Celeb.

3. Our bathroom and shower, were both large enough for 2 or 3 people. All the public restrooms, all over the ship, the stalls were large enough for 3 people. And they had real cloth towels for your hands. If you got there early enough in the morning, they were heated. Big Score 3 for Celeb.

4. Dining they still use tablecloths, all the china, and silverware. There was even a candle on each table. Not a real candle of course, but still very nice. Score 4 for Celeb. R does still have the cloth tablecloths as well, so 1/2 point for R.

5. C now serves a soft butter, that's has absolutely no taste. R still gives you the real butter pats. A point for R. Celeb also serves the soft butter, but if you ask for extra, they bring you real butter pats.

6.They sit a basket of assorted bread on your table. And, with breakfast a girl walks around and around, with a tray of pastries. You can choose all you want.

With C and R you get 1 choice of each, and they disappear never to be seen again. Score 5 for Celeb.

7. On R, with our status, we get 4 free drinks on our S&S each day, to use when we wish. Score point for R. With Celeb, as Elite, we could only get free drinks from 5 to 7 each evening. That included bottled water.Far as I could tell, you could have as many drinks as you wanted, between those 2 hours. 1/2 Score for Celeb.With C we get 2 large bottles of water in our cabin, free. 1 point for C. Sorry, I will continue this in another posting. 

• Like 10

On 9/20/2023 at 8:56 PM, GranysT said:

My husband and I just returned from our very 1st Celeby 

@GranysT

Your three threads regarding the same topic have been merged into this one thread. Please continue your review in this one thread.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 
  • Like 2

Where I left off. 

8. With Celeb, we got 1 free bag of laundry  on 6-day cruise. With C, we each get 2 free bags, on 7-day cruise. Score1 point for C.

9. No towel animals with Celeb. Score another point for both C and R. I do enjoy the towel animals. 

10. Celeb still puts a chocolate on your pillow. Score 8 for Celeb .Also they automatically offer both morning and evening cabin service. Score 9

11. Shower stall offers shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. All 3, and their a nice quality. Score 10 for Celeb.

12.The shows on Celeb were all at either 7 or 9 pm. They never change times on you. They also still have a live orchestra, no canned music.R still also uses live orchestra. Point for R. Score 11 for Celeb.

13. Besides ship singers and dancers, they had 1 night a comedian, and 1 night a magician. Both were pretty good. 

14. One afternoon, they had a couple, male and female, do a live comedy improve. This couple has been working together for years, and they were both excellent. Very funny, and good acting. How they can come up with stuff on the spur of the moment, amazes me.  Score 12 for Celeb.

One last thing. I mentioned my DH and I both use scooters on the ships now. I have never had such helpful, kind people on a cruise before. All week they would help us on and off the elevators. Hold the doors for us, both getting on, and off. Everyone we encountered was like that. No rushing to get ahead of us. It was a joy to behold.   That wraps it up. I really enjoyed our Equinox cruise. Oh, and we had absolute smooth water, and sailing all week long.  I did my best to honestly compare my cruising experiences. I hope someone enjoys reading this. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

You mentioned that there were two large bottles of water in your cabin for free.  I always thought there was a charge for those.  You may be in a cabin that gifts you water.  We try to get waters during Elite HH and bring to our room.

I am enjoying your review of your first-time Celebrity cruise and comparison essay.  Thanks for taking the time to do so.

Thanks for review.  What type of cabin?  Aqua class, concierge, regular balcony accessible?  What dining?  You mention butter but Celebrity routinely offers in MDR dish with butter plus two other spreads for rolls and breadsticks.  You can also get canned sodas at Elite happy hour.  

19 hours ago, GranysT said:

Where I left off. 

8. With Celeb, we got 1 free bag of laundry  on 6-day cruise. With C, we each get 2 free bags, on 7-day cruise. Score1 point for C.

9. No towel animals with Celeb. Score another point for both C and R. I do enjoy the towel animals. 

10. Celeb still puts a chocolate on your pillow. Score 8 for Celeb .Also they automatically offer both morning and evening cabin service. Score 9

11. Shower stall offers shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. All 3, and their a nice quality. Score 10 for Celeb.

12.The shows on Celeb were all at either 7 or 9 pm. They never change times on you. They also still have a live orchestra, no canned music.R still also uses live orchestra. Point for R. Score 11 for Celeb.

13. Besides ship singers and dancers, they had 1 night a comedian, and 1 night a magician. Both were pretty good. 

14. One afternoon, they had a couple, male and female, do a live comedy improve. This couple has been working together for years, and they were both excellent. Very funny, and good acting. How they can come up with stuff on the spur of the moment, amazes me.  Score 12 for Celeb.

One last thing. I mentioned my DH and I both use scooters on the ships now. I have never had such helpful, kind people on a cruise before. All week they would help us on and off the elevators. Hold the doors for us, both getting on, and off. Everyone we encountered was like that. No rushing to get ahead of us. It was a joy to behold.   That wraps it up. I really enjoyed our Equinox cruise. Oh, and we had absolute smooth water, and sailing all week long.  I did my best to honestly compare my cruising experiences. I hope someone enjoys reading this. 

Great review

16 hours ago, dazey said:

You mentioned that there were two large bottles of water in your cabin for free.  I always thought there was a charge for those.  You may be in a cabin that gifts you water.  We try to get waters during Elite HH and bring to our room.

I am enjoying your review of your first-time Celebrity cruise and comparison essay.  Thanks for taking the time to do so.

The 2 large bottles of water for free, are with Carnival. We are Platinum with them, and so get the free water. There are always 4 bottles of water in our cabin, when we arrive. 2 of them, have a cardboard label attached to the lid. They charge if you use them. The other 2 are the free ones. 

Glad you enjoyed my review. 

16 hours ago, kabmab said:

Thanks for review.  What type of cabin?  Aqua class, concierge, regular balcony accessible?  What dining?  You mention butter but Celebrity routinely offers in MDR dish with butter plus two other spreads for rolls and breadsticks.  You can also get canned sodas at Elite happy hour.  

On 9/20/2023 at 11:45 PM, bjahil47 said:

Thank you for your comprehensive review!  We board Equinox Sunday for our 7th cruise on same ship!

Happy you enjoyed your cruise!

Thank You. I hope you enjoy your cruise, and get the same beautiful weather that we had.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:59 AM, dazey said:

Just got off the Summit.  Asked the cabin steward and yes the the mini bar and the bottled water would be charged to the room.  I asked if he could remove mini bar contents and was informed no.

4 hours ago, fenton04 said:

Just got off the Summit.  Asked the cabin steward and yes the the mini bar and the bottled water would be charged to the room.  I asked if he could remove mini bar contents and was informed no.

so you should have done it yourself so you could put ur stuff in..and reduced any extra grat you planned on giving!