Winter 2025/26 on-sale dates

molecrochip

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Had a quick look.

75 nights on Aurora going round South America looks good.  Won't be booking at launch though.

We did the 65 night one this year , thought it be quite good value but we ended up missing a few ports , Peru been the biggest loss, and some of the Brazilian ports left a little to be desired , ( not Rio though ) Uruguay was an unexpected pleasure but felt we spent too much time in Chile , think the new 75 night cruise adds some extra Caribbean ports 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prices are up but as I mentioned previously on forum, the strategy from P&O was fill the ships post Covid and attract a lot of new people to cruising. Once that was achieved and cash flow was back then they were going to increase prices again to pre covid levels. Incidentally P&O have recorded their biggest forward sales in a decade so in good position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

If it doesn't it will be a measure of the popularity of early booking!  Interestingly on Cunard launch day last week no crashes so perhaps the IT department has improved things - we can live in hope!

Having said I won't book early again I'm going to reserve on one of the two one off Britannia Caribbean cruises which are actually going somewhere different, just a shame there's only the two.

Which are these two one off cruises? Have I missed something in my fleeting glance?

17 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

Which are these two one off cruises? Have I missed something in my fleeting glance?

28/29 November 2025

6/7 February 2026

Calls to Jamaica, Grand Turk,  dominica and Tortola on first one, Jamaica, Grand Turk and Dominca on second one.

3 hours ago, IAASA345 said:

Not sure if I've misread something so advice please.... I'm a solo traveller and it says on the price page £1500 per cabin, but then I select that price next screen jumps to £2700..... Screen shots below. What am I missing?!

IMG_0881.png

IMG_0882.jpeg

Solos pay a 75% additional premium. The headline prices are per person but based on two sharing. If it's just for one  as the price is  at 175%. The same for Cunard. It’s better than some lines charge. Princess for example is 200% Some ships do have single cabins but they are not always cheaper. Sometimes it only costs a bit more to have a bigger one all to yourself. That’s what I usually do. Hope this helps. Annoying or what but sadly that’s just the way it is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

Incidentally P&O have recorded their biggest forward sales in a decade so in good position.

Keep in mind though that they have massively more capacity to fill now with the two mega ships, so it would be an absolute miracle if their forward sales weren’t at the highest levels ever. That was PR spin! In isolation, this measure alone doesn’t really give much of an indication as to their fortunes. Occupancy percentages and average price paid per night would be more relevant.  The former seems to be holding up well, but maybe at the expense of the latter? My sense is that they are doing well though, albeit I don’t know what sort of contribution they will make to reducing Carnivals ginormous debt burden. 

20 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

I seem to have missed those as well!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Keep in mind though that they have massively more capacity to fill now with the two mega ships, so it would be an absolute miracle if their forward sales weren’t at the highest levels ever. That was PR spin! In isolation, this measure alone doesn’t really give much of an indication as to their fortunes. Occupancy percentages and average price paid per night would be more relevant.  The former seems to be holding up well, but maybe at the expense of the latter? My sense is that they are doing well though, albeit I don’t know what sort of contribution they will make to reducing Carnivals ginormous debt burden. 

I seem to have missed those as well!

With all my Cunard bookings we are only interested in Caribbean itineraries at the moment.  We love Dominica so always put it in ports, lo and behold those two popped up.  Now debating whether to take the plunge.  The February one isn't as appealing but we always go away for Christmas and the November one could prove complicated. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

With all my Cunard bookings we are only interested in Caribbean itineraries at the moment.  We love Dominica so always put it in ports, lo and behold those two popped up.  Now debating whether to take the plunge.  The February one isn't as appealing but we always go away for Christmas and the November one could prove complicated. Decisions, decisions...

We will be off to the Caribbean in Nov/Dec this year and Dominica is a port (Roseau).  Any hints on where to head?  We have only been there once, some years ago and did a long trip to the NE of the Island, so did not even see the port itself.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

28/29 November 2025

6/7 February 2026

Calls to Jamaica, Grand Turk,  dominica and Tortola on first one, Jamaica, Grand Turk and Dominca on second one.

Good spot 👌 Never seen Jamaica stop on P&O itineraries so that's nice change. Never understand why P&O stick to same 8 islands or so year in year out when there are so many others that are visited by other companies. You got me interested in one of those now even though Britannia isn't my favourite 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Solos pay a 75% additional premium. The headline prices are per person but based on two sharing. If it's just for one  as the price is  at 175%. The same for Cunard. It’s better than some lines charge. Princess for example is 200% Some ships do have single cabins but they are not always cheaper. Sometimes it only costs a bit more to have a bigger one all to yourself. That’s what I usually do. Hope this helps. Annoying or what but sadly that’s just the way it is. 

It seems to be 60% for the vast majority of cruises available with P&O. 75% with Cunard.

45 minutes ago, NavyPanda said:

It seems to be 60% for the vast majority of cruises available with P&O. 75% with Cunard.

Oh well that is a recent reduction then. I know it’s definitely still 75% for Cunard as I have several bookings in hand and looking at the newly released ones they were still quoting 75% Must have a look then. 

1 hour ago, daveoc said:

Have I seen this correctly---both Ventura AND Iona doing 35 nights to Caribbean in Jan 26. That's a lot of cabins to fill.

You appear to have seen it correctly. Leave Southampton same day. Ventura calls at 10 ports and Iona 13. I foresee some bargain fares down the line...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

Good spot 👌 Never seen Jamaica stop on P&O itineraries so that's nice change. Never understand why P&O stick to same 8 islands or so year in year out when there are so many others that are visited by other companies. You got me interested in one of those now even though Britannia isn't my favourite 

Probably get better deals with the ports by way of frequent/regular bookings...

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

You appear to have seen it correctly. Leave Southampton same day. Ventura calls at 10 ports and Iona 13. I foresee some bargain fares down the line...

Interesting that Tenerife is the same first port, but Ventura gets there the day before Iona!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

Had a look this morning. As expected, nothing of interest to me on Aurora or Arcadia...

The only one that really appealed to me was Arcadia's 19-day Central Med cruise in Oct-Nov 25, which includes Tangier, Heraklion and Kusadesi, none of which I've visited. But prices - at least for single cabins - are very expensive, so I think I'll wait in the hope that they come down. (I'd have thought they should have called it Eastern Med, as Crete and Turkey are hardly central.)

33 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

The only one that really appealed to me was Arcadia's 19-day Central Med cruise in Oct-Nov 25, which includes Tangier, Heraklion and Kusadesi, none of which I've visited. But prices - at least for single cabins - are very expensive, so I think I'll wait in the hope that they come down. (I'd have thought they should have called it Eastern Med, as Crete and Turkey are hardly central.)

Quite a nice itinerary but virtually all in November when the weather can be a bit iffy - especially on the Eastern side of the Med...

4 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

We went to Ochos Rios, (which is near to Dunns River Falls, famous for the Dr No movie) in 2007 on Arcadia. This was a standard 2 week fly cruise, P&O had much more varied Caribbean cruises back then.

This was the itinerary then

image.png.685d420cb6ce7b96a2cecfb4b1f16b1f.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

We went to Ochos Rios, (which is near to Dunns River Falls, famous for the Dr No movie) in 2007 on Arcadia. This was a standard 2 week fly cruise, P&O had much more varied Caribbean cruises back then.

This was the itinerary then

image.png.685d420cb6ce7b96a2cecfb4b1f16b1f.png

We visited Catalina island on our first ever Caribbean cruise , they cooked a bbq on the beach and everything had to be brought over from the ship , it was a fabulous day and one we have never had the pleasure of doing since,     Unfortunately 😕

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

We visited Catalina island on our first ever Caribbean cruise , they cooked a bbq on the beach and everything had to be brought over from the ship , it was a fabulous day and one we have never had the pleasure of doing since,     Unfortunately 😕

They used to go to more of these - we also have been to Mayreau and Princess Cays for similar days, but sadly no longer.

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Quite a nice itinerary but virtually all in November when the weather can be a bit iffy - especially on the Eastern side of the Med...

I'd much sooner have that than risk it being too hot. I don't like it hot weather and lazing on beaches really isn't my thing. So when I go to the Med it's always in April/May or late September/October/November.

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

It is the other way round actually with Iona going to 10 ports and Venture to 13 ports, though Iona is spending two days in Barbados, so 11 port days over the 10 ports. Iona is also stopping at two ports on the return, (Tenerife and La Coruna), rather than the usual one day stop on the trans Atlantic, so a fair bit less time in the Caribbean ports, yet a long cruise.  Clearly designed as destination ship.

Iona may be more limited in where she can dock.  There will be a lot of cabins to fill and so soon after Christmas as well, which some people would not want to do and many would have to travel to the port the day after New Years day.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2