The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 22nd, 2023

richwmn

Thank you @bennybear and @kazu.  I like all of my ducks in a row, and have everything planned out, so that what happens after that is just an unexpected event.  It can be good, or it can be bad, but it is an adventure, and I need to learn to accept them.

So, back the rest of my days adventure.  I had my physical.  Do you remember when you had a physical, a doctor would touch you, now it's all questions, I could have stayed home, and done my own breast exam.  Answered the questions, do I eat fruit, do I eat veggies.  but my blood pressure is very high (probably because i was there) but another drug got added today.  I got a flu shot in the right arm, and a senior pneumonia shot in the left arm, both arms hurt, and dont ask me to move them above my head, I couldnt even reach for a coffee cup. And the right arm is now totally tingling.

I forgot to mention that i take  vitamins.  They are my new candy replacement, one C, two D3 and two B12.  Just need to add the Metamucil, and who will need chocolate?  hmmmm...

Another piece of the driveway is heading down about to drop in the hole.  Since my neighbor comes home late and swerves up our side of the drive, I put some cut small trees in the hole.  Donna texted me today to tell me I had a tree in the driveway.  I told her i put it there to protect what is left.  Chuck called a few companies and two are coming out to give us estimates for repair.  I do know that enough dirt has washed away underneath the drive that there is a 3 foot plus space between where the hole is, and where the wash out started. 

My neighbor who had the tree land on the fence and house stopped me today while I was placing shrubbery in the hole and said she made me some soup, that she would bring over tomorrow.  She makes good soup, but I wish she would bring over an ax.  Oh well, she is elderly too.  You do what you can.

And then to top off the day, my insurance agent called and wondered why she had to find out the hard way that I had made a claim, and not through them.  Because you dont work on SAturdays, and the instant "we will send you to an agent on call" was just too fast.  And then I asked her about the drive way, she will see what she can do.  

All in all, it was a very productive day dealing with pain, the arms and the wallet.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Thank you @bennybear and @kazu.  I like all of my ducks in a row, and have everything planned out, so that what happens after that is just an unexpected event.  It can be good, or it can be bad, but it is an adventure, and I need to learn to accept them.

So, back the rest of my days adventure.  I had my physical.  Do you remember when you had a physical, a doctor would touch you, now it's all questions, I could have stayed home, and done my own breast exam.  Answered the questions, do I eat fruit, do I eat veggies.  but my blood pressure is very high (probably because i was there) but another drug got added today.  I got a flu shot in the right arm, and a senior pneumonia shot in the left arm, both arms hurt, and dont ask me to move them above my head, I couldnt even reach for a coffee cup. And the right arm is now totally tingling.

I forgot to mention that i take  vitamins.  They are my new candy replacement, one C, two D3 and two B12.  Just need to add the Metamucil, and who will need chocolate?  hmmmm...

Another piece of the driveway is heading down about to drop in the hole.  Since my neighbor comes home late and swerves up our side of the drive, I put some cut small trees in the hole.  Donna texted me today to tell me I had a tree in the driveway.  I told her i put it there to protect what is left.  Chuck called a few companies and two are coming out to give us estimates for repair.  I do know that enough dirt has washed away underneath the drive that there is a 3 foot plus space between where the hole is, and where the wash out started. 

My neighbor who had the tree land on the fence and house stopped me today while I was placing shrubbery in the hole and said she made me some soup, that she would bring over tomorrow.  She makes good soup, but I wish she would bring over an ax.  Oh well, she is elderly too.  You do what you can.

And then to top off the day, my insurance agent called and wondered why she had to find out the hard way that I had made a claim, and not through them.  Because you dont work on SAturdays, and the instant "we will send you to an agent on call" was just too fast.  And then I asked her about the drive way, she will see what she can do.  

All in all, it was a very productive day dealing with pain, the arms and the wallet.

Try RomeInLimo.com.   that is my next go to company in Rome.  Very reputable.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Ok., I totally messed up and waited too long to get RomeCabs from the airport to the hotel.  The hotel has not responded to my request for pick up, guess I will send that again.   What are my other options?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I need to order a limo for trip to the Atlanta Airport.  And then, I'm done!

Annie, one of my roll call members arrived in Amsterdam last night and posted this taxi recommendation on the roll call this morning  (time change).  Below in bold:

If anyone needs to make travel arrangements from the airport to your hotel, I highly recommend who we used yesterday.  The company is called Taxi Raja 020 +31651265886. His name is Bilal Raja and he is very personable and great.  His car was able to handle 4 adults, 6 pieces of luggage and 2 backpacks.  The price was 70Euro from the airport to the Movenpick.  You can also text him or use Whatsapp.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Annie @marshhawk in Rome our family used ItalyPrivatExcursion.com and they were fantastic and reliable.  We had 12 people to ferry around!  On their website they have transfers from the airport to the city center (hotel) for 2 people for 70Euros, Mercedes sedan.  If the RomeInLimo doesn't work out, try them!

• Like 2