Suite Breakfast Options

seagunthera

I'm taking my two teens on an upcoming NYE sailing on the Discovery and am curious as to what options there are for breakfast. We're in an Owner's Suite and have access to breakfast in Sabatini's and would love to hear what you've ordered there in the past. My daughter loves a good Nutella crepe and son would love steak and eggs every now and again, are those items they would be able to whip up? I usually just get a simple egg dish and specialty coffee so have zero idea how much latitude there is for ordering off menu. Thanks!

Just now, seagunthera said:

I'm taking my two teens on an upcoming NYE sailing on the Discovery and am curious as to what options there are for breakfast. We're in an Owner's Suite and have access to breakfast in Sabatini's and would love to hear what you've ordered there in the past. My daughter loves a good Nutella crepe and son would love steak and eggs every now and again, are those items they would be able to whip up? I usually just get a simple egg dish and specialty coffee so have zero idea how much latitude there is for ordering off menu. Thanks!

If it is something like steak or shrimp omelette I would ask a day or so in advance. For most egg dishes, pancakes, French toast fruit etc no problem 

• Like 1

On our last cruise, I asked for Crepes at breakfast in Sabatini’s, and they gave me pancakes. I had to describe what a crepe was, and then they brought out a very thin pancake. The Head Waiter asked if that was what I wanted, and I just said that it would do, and left it at that. Two days later, they brought me Crepes and every day afterwards, I got Crepes (whether I ordered them or not) along with the rest of my breakfast. They were so kind and tried so hard to please me. Breakfast in a specialty is one of the best perks of being in a suite. 

• Like 5

Having them ready everyday after that....regardless if you want it or not.  Be careful what you wish for. 

I had more pastries than I should have had every morning because I brought up a cinnamon donut one morning.  They offered me another something that was a square.  Then the regular tray danish.  It was waiting for me every day.  I didn't have the heart to tell them that I didn't need it every day.  Someone would make a special trip (maybe not), down to the pastry kitchen.  Even if there wasn't donuts in the IC, there was one for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Having them ready everyday after that....regardless if you want it or not.  Be careful what you wish for. 

I had more pastries than I should have had every morning because I brought up a cinnamon donut one morning.  They offered me another something that was a square.  Then the regular tray danish.  It was waiting for me every day.  I didn't have the heart to tell them that I didn't need it every day.  Someone would make a special trip (maybe not), down to the pastry kitchen.  Even if there wasn't donuts in the IC, there was one for me.

They bring pastries to every table at suite breakfast. I always say no but they will ask every day

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

They bring pastries to every table at suite breakfast. I always say no but they will ask every day

My sister-in-law eats gluten free. After the first morning, they had a trey of several different kinds of gluten-free pastries for her to choose from every morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Correct, but the pastry tray does not include cinnamon donuts nor this square made with pastry puff.