Additional cost for adding a 2nd device to the "included" wi-fi?

migitana

I believe it is $30 per day. I don’t know if that is for each additional login or the price for an additional three logins. I think the $10 per day charge is what it costs to add streaming to an existing login.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

15 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

I believe it is $30 per day. I don’t know if that is for each additional login or the price for an additional three logins. I think the $10 per day charge is what it costs to add streaming to an existing login.

Dave

Streaming is definitely $10 and I know you get 4 logins at Gold and with Concierge of higher. If its $30 a day, you might be better off getting as concierge room...$30 is crazy. Note that you can share the single login across devices as long as only one is logged in at a time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horatio Snowblower said:

Can someone provide info on where, when, or how to obtain these add-ons? TIA

If you're talking about adding wifi it will give you the option when you log in (I think).  There aren't a lot of other add ons really to talk about.  But if you look at the FAQ's on the website and the Terms and Conditions you will get most of the info you want. 

https://www.rssc.com/frequently-asked-questions

• Thanks 1

There seems to be an issue in the FAQ section. When I look at the link under the "Onboard Internet page", it shows https://www.rssc.com/experience/onboard-activities/internet-packages/. But clicking that link, or trying it by pasting it into the address bar, redirects to https://www.rssc.com/experience. To quote U2, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". Perhaps this is something Mr. Moore can look into. 

As I had similar questions as you, I called Regent this afternoon. The gentleman looked around for a bit and then provided the following information. An additional log-in is $24.99/day (without streaming bandwidth) or $34.99/per day (with streaming). The cost to upgrade only to streaming is $9.99/day.

I was told a few months ago the cost was $29.99 for an additional log-in so take this information for what it's worth.

He thought, but wasn't entirely sure, that if you already had the log-ins you needed, such as with a concierge cabin, the $9.99 upgrade would cover all the log-ins. 

• Thanks 1

It was $25 per day last Nov on Splendor.  If you speak "nicely" to the Internet contractor from EMC /Marlink, they have been known to increase it to 4 login at no charge.

Sort of sad that an inclusive line like Regent charges, when starting next week a extra login on Oceania is no charge.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

Thanks for the tip. I have never had a need to speak to this nice person. Where might I seek them out?

Just ask for the Internet Manager.  On Splendor they were located directly across from Reception on Deck 5 in the "Business Center"

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

It was $25 per day last Nov on Splendor.  If you speak "nicely" to the Internet contractor from EMC /Marlink, they have been known to increase it to 4 login at no charge.

Sort of sad that an inclusive line like Regent charges, when starting next week a extra login on Oceania is no charge.

Question... does Oceana have included shore excursions and laundry? 

We have travelled often with Oceania and enjoyed all of them. 
However the “simply more” has changed our view point.

Oceania is a good choice if you are looking for a cruise only price. 

A. you do not drink or drink very little,

B. You prefer not to use any ships excursions

C. You have someone else (TA, more than 10 cruises with Oceania etc) to pay the Gratuities.

D. You are happy to use self service washers or take all your dirty clothes home. ( one bag doesn’t accomplish much IMHO.)
E. In some ports you are happy to pay for shuttles into the town. Although this seemed to be becoming rare

All the above are chargeable on Oceania and included with Regent. 

consideration should also be given to the type of ship x class ships have very small staterooms with tiny shower.

We travelled on the Mariner.
We found service and choice at meal times better on Regent than Oceania. Although we are not heavy drinkers we liked the included drinks and the bar service was definitely better. The canapés were a bonus. We did half the excursions available …. this was our choice. 

My husband compared prices. We liked the all inclusive Regent. When all the above is added to Oceania’s prices the difference between the two cruise lines was not huge. 
We again booked Concierge as we wanted 4 devices per stateroom. We were delighted to see we could just connect our devices once and WiFi was available for the entire cruise.  Ok it’s not all that good but neither is Oceania’s. Also Oceania give you a set amount of time. 

Comparison is difficult as both are excellent choices but we prefer Regents all inclusive model.

All the above are included with Regent. 

• Like 3

I believe the  Wi-Fi allowance changed with the introduction of the simply more. 
Before this If you went for cruise only here in the Uk nothing else was included.

Wi-Fi was included with O- life. Gratuities are never included or given by TA’s in the UK unless there was a special offer. 
My point was cruise only is a good reason for selecting Oceania as it allows you to add on the extras of your choice, particularly if you don’t drink alcohol or take ship excursions.

Now having experienced Regent  we prefer the all inclusive model. 

21 hours ago, welshfamily said:

I believe the  Wi-Fi allowance changed with the introduction of the simply more. 
Before this If you went for cruise only here in the Uk nothing else was included.

Wi-Fi was included with O- life. Gratuities are never included or given by TA’s in the UK unless there was a special offer. 
My point was cruise only is a good reason for selecting Oceania as it allows you to add on the extras of your choice, particularly if you don’t drink alcohol or take ship excursions.

Now having experienced Regent  we prefer the all inclusive model. 

Wifi has always been 1 login per cabin unless you were in an OC, OS or VS cabin and you received 2.  It has not been xx minutes since 2007.

Be aware that, if you pay for the upgraded “streaming” wifi, you get only one login. Even if you have a loyalty status or cabin type that  entitles you to multiple logins, you can only use your login info for one device at a time.  Which means that, if you want to keep a second device logged in, the only way to do it is to log in using your cabin-mates login info (assuming you aren’t solo).  And your cabin-mate cannot use your upgraded wifi unless s/he uses your login info and you are logged out of all devices.