Live from the Caribbean Princess, Oct 14 - Nov 5, 22-day Canadian and Atlantic Coast Land and Sea Adventure

Ken the cruiser

On 11/4/2023 at 3:33 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! I guess the key point there is you have to know to call the Dine Line. How does someone even know to do that, let alone know these “special” dinners are even available, if they didn’t learn it first on some social media site?

Back when there was a four page Patter, these were announced with contact information on day 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Hopefully @NavyVeteran is feeling much better. 

I'm feeling fine. Even though I was isolated with COVID the last three days of the cruise, I never had any symptoms. Sasha was hit harder with COVID, but she is fully recovered. Sorry I missed visiting with you and everyone else on the last three days before Fort Lauderdale. The Princess crew (medical, dining, and housekeeping) did a fantastic job of taking care of us in isolation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

I'm feeling fine. Even though I was isolated with COVID the last three days of the cruise, I never had any symptoms. Sasha was hit harder with COVID, but she is fully recovered. Sorry I missed visiting with you and everyone else on the last three days before Fort Lauderdale. The Princess crew (medical, dining, and housekeeping) did a fantastic job of taking care of us in isolation.

Glad to hear you're both doing great! Hopefully one day we’ll be able to cross paths once again on the high seas! 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iTownPrincess said:

I request some help/suggestions - my husband and I walked off the ship this morning early and caught a taxi from the stand outside the terminal back to the hotel where we stayed pre-cruise to pick up our vehicle. 

My husband left his wallet in the cab. Neither of us has any idea what cab company it was. I already called the hotel but no one had turned it in. 

Broward Sheriff’s deputies appeared to be managing the flow of passengers to the cabs. I thought I would contact them to

obtain the names of the cab companies present so I could start calling around.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

I'd start with Yellow Cab.. they're amongst the largest around the port/city as far as actual taxis..

954-777-7777

Wishing you all the best luck in the world... 

• Like 1

Thanks for holding down the ship and providing a great live. We board in 3 weeks. Our Journey view shows NO formal nights ... guess we'll see if they show up or if they have been removed for the end of the month and early December

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MauiLvrs said:

Thanks for holding down the ship and providing a great live. We board in 3 weeks. Our Journey view shows NO formal nights ... guess we'll see if they show up or if they have been removed for the end of the month and early December

You’re going to have a great time!! Just a couple of hints. If you like going to the early shows in the main theater, plan on going about 30+ minutes early to get a good seat. We always take a deck of cards and play gin rummy to pass the time. 😁

Also, many of the hilarious game shows are held at 8:30 pm. If you want to get a good seat in the Explorers Lounge, plan accordingly. For example, we would position ourselves in an advantageous position in the theater to make a quick exit to get to the game shows. I know it sounds crazy, but we enjoy going to both as you may have noticed in my thread. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

Just finished watching a Disney Nature movie called Oceans recommended by Martin Graf, who provided 3 awesome shark lectures on our 5-day cruise, which definitely helped us start to get excited about our three upcoming cruises, a 10-day Galapagos land-cruise in early December, followed by a 30-day B2B to Antarctica and South America in January, and a 21-day Alaska B3B starting in late April! 😁

We had a great time on our CB B2B and went to some pretty cool locations, especially on our land tour adventures up in Canada and four very cool ports along the northeastern US coast line. However, it’s time to start to focus on our upcoming wildlife cruises, and this movie definitely helped get us further excited about what’s to come over the next six months.

Hopefully, you’ll be able to join us on these upcoming cruises, even if it’s only to follow along on the Live From threads I’ll be posting to. 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Higgamang said:

We too are booked for a 10 day Galapagos cruise in early December but not until 2025.  I really look forward to following a live report from that cruise if you are able.  Where will you post it?  

I'll post the link here once I start my Celebrity forum Live From thread. We fly to Quito on Dec 8th, so I'll probably start the thread a week or so earlier. Here's the link to the 10-day itinerary once we land in Quito, Ecuador.

10 Nights Quito & Galapagos Inner Loop from Baltra (Galapagos) | Celebrity Cruises

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who might be interested in following along, I just started my Antarctica/SA Live From thread. We don't actually board the Sapphire Princess until Jan 20th, but I got excited and wanted to get it started, as it's going to be another awesome wildlife adventure!

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2023 at 4:44 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

This is a view of Toronto off in the distance once we landed and were heading towards the gate. 

IMG_2301.thumb.jpeg.111ed1fc0f756c0a01a89693e531d399.jpeg

Hey Ken,  Loved your review of the trip as I have this cruise on my list for some date in the future. The photo above is actually Mississauga - a city of almost a million people just west of Toronto and where I live. The city has undergone rapid growth and most of the buildings in your photo are all residential. Here's a photo of it I took last weekend after my return from the Antarctica cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.3ab349f99ce1cd93130af9b5e7e89022.jpeg