No Shows on Sunshine ?

LewLewBelle

Back in mid August a family from our church Sailed out of Charleston on The Sunshine.   I was talking to her and she said she was disappointed because there were no shows at night.   Can anyone confirm this being true? I have never been on a cruise without shows!!!

3 hours ago, LewLewBelle said:

Back in mid August a family from our church Sailed out of Charleston on The Sunshine.   I was talking to her and she said she was disappointed because there were no shows at night.   Can anyone confirm this being true? I have never been on a cruise without shows!!!

I'd be interested in this response to this question also as my wife and I are sailing on the Sunshine next year. 🙂 

Mac

I suspect they were mistaken.  Carnival’s website indicates Playlist Productions as being offered on this ship.  And quite frankly, headlining entertainment is standard on most any cruise, sans some niche lines.

In the early days of post-COVID, if one member tested positive the entire cast would quarantine,  But now it’s just the cast member who tests positive.  

if the show was on hiatus, I’m certain Carnival would’ve made alternate arrangements.  

• Like 1

ive been on cruises with no shows. its very rare that it happens but anything can happen to cause a show to get canceled: performer gets sick with no replacement, technical issues with the stage, rough weather makes it not safe to do the show, etc.

depending on whos onboard the ship and the cruise/entertainment director they can sometimes swamp out a show at last minute. if a playlist production show was scheduled and all of a sudden they cant do that show, they either have the dinning room magician do a show or have one of the fly on entertainer do a show

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

ive been on cruises with no shows. its very rare that it happens but anything can happen to cause a show to get canceled: performer gets sick with no replacement, technical issues with the stage, rough weather makes it not safe to do the show, etc.

depending on whos onboard the ship and the cruise/entertainment director they can sometimes swamp out a show at last minute. if a playlist production show was scheduled and all of a sudden they cant do that show, they either have the dinning room magician do a show or have one of the fly on entertainer do a show

I have been on a cruise where all of the shows were "in concert". All of the performers sang the songs from the show while sitting on stools in street clothes. It was right after the restart and I am guessing that one or more of the performers had Covid. 

But to have no shows at all - I don't see that happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I have been on a cruise where all of the shows were "in concert". All of the performers sang the songs from the show while sitting on stools in street clothes. It was right after the restart and I am guessing that one or more of the performers had Covid. 

But to have no shows at all - I don't see that happening. 

Carnival always has options.  I was on a Panorama cruise last year that featured Live In Concert where some of the production show staff sang while the house band played.  And on the Miracle where CD Georgia improvised a show after the production cast came down ill.  Gotta be honest… as tacky as it was, it was one of the more memorable shows I’ve seen. 

I’ve also seen a production show cancelled and replaced with an opportunity to dance with the production show staff in various venues.

theres always options.

• Like 1

When we were on Sunshine in January they had shows, but not the normal shows. They just sat on stools and sang. They were having difficulties with the stage. I assume they are back to their normal shows now. We cruise on again in November and are looking forward to the shows.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:55 PM, staceyglow said:

The idea of not having any shows is ludicrous.

And if that happened to be the case, there would be folks on CC and on John Heald's FB page demanding cruise credit. 

You got that right!!  People demand free stuff for lesser issues all the time.  That would've been huge.

• Like 1