Plus price increase?

mtfasls

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

That seems to be the case.  However, unlike other recent threads about price increases this one originated with a notice that actually came from Princess.  I for one would like to know if Princess ultimately issues a retraction or if the OP hears anything more from Princess about it.  So I do hope that this thread stays "live", for those who disagree there are plenty of other posts to comment on,

Not really.  The Princess flyer was not a notice about a package increase.  Rather it was a poorly constructed piece of advertising material used to send to the wrong set of guests.  There is nothing to argue about that piece of advertising.  There is no price increase.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Not really.  The Princess flyer was not a notice about a package increase.  Rather it was a poorly constructed piece of advertising material used to send to the wrong set of guests.

Actually we have all guessed what may have caused Princess to send that notice to the OP, none of us knows for sure.  Hopefully we will find out soon enough.

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Actually we have all guessed what may have caused Princess to send that notice to the OP, none of us knows for sure.  Hopefully we will find out soon enough.

That is true, but in the end it doesn't really matter how or why PCL screwed up.  The bottom line is that the package cost for Plus and Premier has not changed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

It will be interesting to see at what price point Princess finds this isn't marketable as more passengers do the actual math and figure out it doesn't make sense for them. I'm sure Princess has done the math on their end and are not offering this as a losing proposition from a financial standpoint, realizing that a great many passengers who purchase this "money saving" perk will actually end up spending more by purchasing this than they would have otherwise because they won't actually fully utilize the benefits up to or over the amount being charged each day. This is especially true on port intensive cruises where people are often off the ship most of the day. We have done the math for our own personal utilization and already find the $60 amount more than we would spend per person per day on the "perks" included. Part of that is helped by our Elite benefits with our reduced price on wifi and evening cocktails in the Elite lounge. Still it would be a stretch for us to see it make sense for us as low level drinkers. I highly doubt most people experience a 50% to 60 % savings as is being touted by Princess unless they drink like fish. More likely most are lucky to break even and many end up paying more then they would buying alacarte.

What happens is many cases is a win/win...

The customer comes out ahead, as they save money over what they would have paid a la carte, and Princess wins, because their pour cost is low, so they aren't out much in alcohol cost PLUS they have a happy guest, so actually, WIN/WIN/WIN 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jwattle said:

The customer comes out ahead, as they save money over what they would have paid a la carte, and Princess wins, because their pour cost is low, so they aren't out much in alcohol cost PLUS they have a happy guest, so actually, WIN/WIN/WIN 😄

Exactly 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not really.  The Princess flyer was not a notice about a package increase.  Rather it was a poorly constructed piece of advertising material used to send to the wrong set of guests.  There is nothing to argue about that piece of advertising.  There is no price increase.

Some people won’t be happy until the price actually goes up. They are just waiting for the chance to say “I told you so”. Even if they have to wait 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I hope it is 3 years!  😆

That was not a prediction, nor did I read it here or see it on YouTube. And I will never say “I told you so”. But I’m allowed to think it occasionally. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

That was not a prediction, nor did I read it here or see it on YouTube. And I will never say “I told you so”. But I’m allowed to think it occasionally. 

I know.  I mean’t to say, 3 years or more.  We do not know.  All we know is NONE right now.  🥴

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

Some people won’t be happy until the price actually goes up. They are just waiting for the chance to say “I told you so”. Even if they have to wait 3 years. 

not related, but kind of. I was told, the price of girl scout cookies went up $1 a box 😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, jwattle said:

If that's the case for most people who purchase the package, that's great. As I said, it can be worthwhile for those who have done the math and really will fully use it to it's greatest extent. My impression is that a good many people buy it for convenience and then may struggle to get the full value. Good example, on our recent cruise we conversed with some fellow cruisers who shared they were really trying to make sure they used their package, but were struggling on our port intensive cruise where some port days were 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and given the destinations, most people wanted to take full advantage of those days. So they were trying to make up for the use on other days. The day we spoke with them, they were headed off to get one of the desserts. It was near the end of the cruise and they hadn't yet taken advantage of that benefit. She shared that she didn't really even want it, as she felt she had already indulged so much on the trip, but felt like they had to get it or feel like it was wasted. In my estimation, feeling pressured to eat more, drink more or use benefits just for the sake of using them while I'm on vacation isn't particularly relaxing or fun. Again, everyone is different and viva la difference! We find it is not worth it for us, but for others who have thought it out and find it cost effective and beneficial to their cruise experience, good for them. It's great to have options.

8 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

If that's the case for most people who purchase the package, that's great. As I said, it can be worthwhile for those who have done the math and really will fully use it to it's greatest extent. My impression is that a good many people buy it for convenience and then may struggle to get the full value. Good example, on our recent cruise we conversed with some fellow cruisers who shared they were really trying to make sure they used their package, but were struggling on our port intensive cruise where some port days were 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and given the destinations, most people wanted to take full advantage of those days. So they were trying to make up for the use on other days. The day we spoke with them, they were headed off to get one of the desserts. It was near the end of the cruise and they hadn't yet taken advantage of that benefit. She shared that she didn't really even want it, as she felt she had already indulged so much on the trip, but felt like they had to get it or feel like it was wasted. In my estimation, feeling pressured to eat more, drink more or use benefits just for the sake of using them while I'm on vacation isn't particularly relaxing or fun. Again, everyone is different and viva la difference! We find it is not worth it for us, but for others who have thought it out and find it cost effective and beneficial to their cruise experience, good for them. It's great to have options.

that's really kind of a sad way to look at it.  "full advantage"??? - max out the 15??? - nah ...

'breakeven' is 2-3 alcohol drinks - that's the 'benchmark' to see if a package works for us

and it always does ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

that's really kind of a sad way to look at it.  "full advantage"??? - max out the 15??? - nah ...

'breakeven' is 2-3 alcohol drinks - that's the 'benchmark' to see if a package works for us

and it always does ...

Same for us!  🍷

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and it always does ...

100% agree.  I got “full advantage” without touching one of those gross desserts or drinking more than 4 alcoholic beverages a day.  I used the internet daily.  I incremented my crew appreciation with cash.  A couple coffees, lots of bottled water and a couple pricy glasses of wine and I’m over breakeven. 

I have no idea how well other people can do math and I don’t care.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

A little homework prior to their cruise would have probably shown them that the package, whether Plus or Premier, was not a good option for them.  I’ve never felt that I had to get my money’s worth and indulge In something I don’t want.  The packages are not for everyone and the onus is on us to make sure it’s a good choice.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2023 at 10:59 AM, Steelers36 said:

I just figured out why this has happened.  And it may explain another mailing issue that came up recently. 

Some members of the OCEAN IT team have transferred to marketing and are now creating sales brochures. 😁

Good one! 😂

• Like 1