Deluxe Balcony guarantee on Enchanted P-What is the best upgrade that could happen and what is the worst that could happen?

steve4031

I am more curious than worried.  I am looking forward to my first Princess cruise and am curious as to what could happen. I understand that the cabin probably will not be assigned until sometime after the final payment.  

33 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

I am more curious than worried.  I am looking forward to my first Princess cruise and am curious as to what could happen. I understand that the cabin probably will not be assigned until sometime after the final payment.  

Worst: you end up with a regular Deluxe Balcony, just as you booked. 

Better: you end up in a mini-suite or Reserve mini 

Best: you end up with a full suite.  

Honestly, you'll very likely end up in a Deluxe Balcony. You will not be downgraded toan obstructed view Deluxe or a Standard balcony cabin .. (or inside, etc).   

Assignment can come at any time from booking up to and including embarkation day (which yes, I have experienced. No cabin assignment as late as checking morning when leaving for port - got assignment from the table set-up near bag drop. Porters directed me there, got assignment and blank luggage tags to fill out and voila, off I went) 

Check the app/Cruise Personalizer periodically.  Happy sails. 

42 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

Thank you.  That's about what I expected.  It is nice to know the range of cabins that I could occupy.  

You could be assigned a deluxe balcony in a location that Princess deems to be a huge upgrade, which is dubious at best.  However, you do know that your CVP can override the system and get you your choice assigned immediately.  We just did this two weeks ago on our Enchanted booking.  Princess holds these cabin back hoping to get bookings for three passengers, but they will release them to their own CVPs.  To see which cabins are available, do a booking for  your sailing entering three passengers, not two.  You will now see which ones are available and you can then ask your CVP to snag it for you.  Unfortunately, a regular customer service rep cannot do this.  So, you will-need to get a CVP, if you don’t already.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

You could be assigned a deluxe balcony in a location that Princess deems to be a huge upgrade, which is dubious at best.  However, you do know that your CVP can override the system and get you your choice assigned immediately.  We just did this two weeks ago on our Enchanted booking.  Princess holds these cabin back hoping to get bookings for three passengers, but they will release them to their own CVPs.  To see which cabins are available, do a booking for  your sailing entering three passengers, not two.  You will now see which ones are available and you can then ask your CVP to snag it for you.

I booked in line and since this is my first cruise with princess I do not have rapport with a CVP.  Since I’m traveling by myself I should be ok in any cabin.  

• Like 2

After 15+ cruises, we just booked our first guarantee, also a deluxe balcony on the Enchanted.  I am excited, and curious about where we will end up!  
Will we be notified when we have an assigned cabin?  

6 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

You could be assigned a deluxe balcony in a location that Princess deems to be a huge upgrade, which is dubious at best.  However, you do know that your CVP can override the system and get you your choice assigned immediately.  We just did this two weeks ago on our Enchanted booking.  Princess holds these cabin back hoping to get bookings for three passengers, but they will release them to their own CVPs.  To see which cabins are available, do a booking for  your sailing entering three passengers, not two.  You will now see which ones are available and you can then ask your CVP to snag it for you.  Unfortunately, a regular customer service rep cannot do this.  So, you will-need to get a CVP, if you don’t already.

Or a TA.

6 hours ago, steve4031 said:

I booked in line and since this is my first cruise with princess I do not have rapport with a CVP.  Since I’m traveling by myself I should be ok in any cabin.  

TA?

3 minutes ago, 2206 said:

After 15+ cruises, we just booked our first guarantee, also a deluxe balcony on the Enchanted.  I am excited, and curious about where we will end up!  
Will we be notified when we have an assigned cabin?  

Depends on what you mean by that?  Your Cruise Personalizer and the App will update with the cabin number.  If you have a TA, they are alerted and their office may send you out a revised Invoice or Princess Travel Summary.  I am not sure if the Princess booking system (POLAR) automatically sends you an email if you were a direct booking.

10 hours ago, steve4031 said:

You have not indicated which level of Deluxe Balcony (Dx) you booked.  You won't get anything worse than what you booked.  If you booked a GTY DB, then you won't get a DC, DD, DE.  If you booked a DE GTY, then could be that same level of better.  If you booked a GTY DA (the best, unless there is a D1 on the ship), you could get a ME (lowest Mini if you were upgraded to next cabin class).

Edited by Steelers36

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You could be at the very front of the ship on a crowded deck. 

Yes!  I didn't know any better when I booked our first (and only) guarantee.  During the booking process, they allowed me to choose a location so I picked aft, where we always sail.  I assumed we would be assigned an aft cabin.  🤦🏻‍♀️ We were assigned a cabin 5 cabins from the front of the ship.  It was awful, but now I'm informed how that process works and will never ever book a guarantee again 🤣

• Like 1

Just roll with it.  We book a guarantees all the time and are happy that we are on the ship cruising.  Location doesn't matter as long as we get the category we paid for or better.  One of our cruise buddies uses a online TA's booking engine to look at available cabins and to try and figure out what cabin he'll be assigned.  It's to the point where he's obsessed until his cabin populates.  We keep telling him that the exercise is fruitless and to get a life!

• Haha 1